RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

calpolyclimber

May 14, 2003, 2:27 AM
Post #1 of 2 (2108 views)
Shortcut

Tree-less slackline?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction for some plans (or anything helpful) on how to build a slackline setup, minus the trees. I am going to be renting various houses over the next few years (college) and I'd like to learn a setup that could be put to use in various back yards, without being high impact (in other words something that can disapear when I move out). I am quite handy with wood, bolts, nails, etc, so I thought it would be fun to build a setup, possible even free standing, but I'm not sure if that can really work out.

I'm not asking about the pully system, or how to setup the line itself, I understand this part just fine. I'd just like to know how to make a base of some sort. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I have read the other posts on this topic, and I understand roughly how it works, I'd just like any technical info you can offer (like how much weight would I need to put on each side for a setup like rrradams?) Thanks

~Alex

sheldonjr

May 14, 2003, 4:23 AM
Post #2 of 2 (2106 views)
Shortcut

Re: Tree-less slackline? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Here's a great thread on how heavy your anchors would need to be.

Check it out.

I suggest staking 3' peices of rebar in the ground and doubling them up. (I'll email you a pic if you don't understand what I'm talking about.) Stakes seem to have alot less impact than a huge weight killing the grass. (IMO)

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook