Forums: Climbing Disciplines: Bouldering:
What is Your favorite boulder problem of all time??
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

timhinck

Jan 13, 2002, 1:13 AM
Post #1 of 1 (1218 views)
Shortcut

What is Your favorite boulder problem of all time??
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Is there a boulder problem somewhere that is so good, you would road-trip from across the country just to be able to do it again?? Let me know what it is, its rating, and why it is so great. This can be a problem of ANY rating. Personally, I'm more interested in problems that most people haven't heard of. And I ask the rating, because if it is really good, some of us might just come try it out (that way we'll know if it's way too hard for us).

To start things off:

There are two that come to mind for me. One is "Soul Cleanser V4" at the Blowing Rock boulders in North Carolina. The other is probably the "Kahuna Roof V5" problem at Carter Lake in Colorado. Soul Cleanser is a perfect, rising line of crimps up a blank, overhung face. So you're traversing up, up and up and then, you lunge for the edge of this plate-shaped boulder and pull on over. "kahuna" is very different.. start underneath a severely overhung boulder and make a huge slap to a sloper, then a tremendous deadpoint to a sidepull high above the roof. Both problems are in pristine surroundings and if they are at your limit, you would definantly not regret spending a whole day to bag the sends.

peace,

tim

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook