RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

roughster

Jul 22, 2003, 10:07 AM
Post #1 of 4 (1010 views)
Shortcut

OK, am I the only one who...
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Logs on and hopes to see something , ANYTHING, posted about a local climbing area???

Lets see some Regional Action guys! Post beta, opinions, Trip Reports, etc... We know you guys are getting out there, lets here some spray!!!!

I'll start: Auburn. Access still is in Suckiness-ville but after Access Fund Rep gets back from climbing trip, we are supposed to set up some meetings with the SRA for some wheeling and dealing.

Routes stiill going up, lots of projects to work on. New people showing up all the time. Rangers and Search and Rescue were using my routes down low to train on, all the while telling all the climbers they saw they couldn't climb here because it was "Too Loose". LOL, hypocritical!

I thought it was funny to see Mr Beer Belly yell up to to his superior, "Mike I can't go up, my loop thingy is stuck!". Dear God and these guys are the ones who would be rescuing me if I was to get slaptterfied somewhere locally :lol:

Climbed at the Grotto two weekends ago, ughhh never a fan but a friend wanted to go there, and finally got on Chicken Ranch Bingo. Pretty nice route although a little loose :) Worthy of its 5 star rating??? I don't think so, but was a good route.

Hmm lets see what else.... still 1000 degrees in the sun @ Nut Tree but cooler temps are around the corner and that will be a good time to start getting back out there and putting up new problems.

Blah, anyways, enough about this Hell Hole (I know it all too well), lets here some skinny on the down low for your neck of the woods!!!!

freudian

Jul 22, 2003, 10:42 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1010 views)
Shortcut

Re: OK, am I the only one who... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Consider yourself lucky. Your in California. The chances of someone posting about your local area are 10000x higher than someone posting somthign of New Brunswick,Canada. Man, I think there are only like 200 climbers in the province and only about 30 of them know how to use a computer.

Andrew

CLIMB NEW BRUNSWICK
http://freudian.homeip.net/

In reply to:
Logs on and hopes to see something , ANYTHING, posted about a local climbing area???

Lets see some Regional Action guys! Post beta, opinions, Trip Reports, etc... We know you guys are getting out there, lets here some spray!!!!

I'll start: Auburn. Access still is in Suckiness-ville but after Access Fund Rep gets back from climbing trip, we are supposed to set up some meetings with the SRA for some wheeling and dealing.

Routes stiill going up, lots of projects to work on. New people showing up all the time. Rangers and Search and Rescue were using my routes down low to train on, all the while telling all the climbers they saw they couldn't climb here because it was "Too Loose". LOL, hypocritical!

I thought it was funny to see Mr Beer Belly yell up to to his superior, "Mike I can't go up, my loop thingy is stuck!". Dear God and these guys are the ones who would be rescuing me if I was to get slaptterfied somewhere locally :lol:

Climbed at the Grotto two weekends ago, ughhh never a fan but a friend wanted to go there, and finally got on Chicken Ranch Bingo. Pretty nice route although a little loose :) Worthy of its 5 star rating??? I don't think so, but was a good route.

Hmm lets see what else.... still 1000 degrees in the sun @ Nut Tree but cooler temps are around the corner and that will be a good time to start getting back out there and putting up new problems.

Blah, anyways, enough about this Hell Hole (I know it all too well), lets here some skinny on the down low for your neck of the woods!!!!

interruptor

Jul 22, 2003, 11:26 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1010 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have only seen one post about Portugal (asking for information) in this forum... and i guess it's a good thing... I'd stop coming to this forum if i had to sort out all the Utah, J-Tree, Yoemite, etc, that i don't intend to visit anytime soon... wait... i allready do that!

I'm the only active user in Portugal, not because no one else knows of this forum, but because there's too much information that we don't need... We have local forums for those kind of specific info..

Or do you have the croquis to Vale de Poios that you can post for me?

roughster

Jul 22, 2003, 12:00 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1010 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I have only seen one post about Portugal (asking for information) in this forum... and i guess it's a good thing... I'd stop coming to this forum if i had to sort out all the Utah, J-Tree, Yoemite, etc, that i don't intend to visit anytime soon... wait... i allready do that!

I'm the only active user in Portugal, not because no one else knows of this forum, but because there's too much information that we don't need... We have local forums for those kind of specific info..

Or do you have the croquis to Vale de Poios that you can post for me?

Oh I am not promoting people posting regional info to this particular forum (General), but rather to the approriate forum (Regional) so it echoes to the front page and gets read/stirs up convo. Actually as Gen Mod I move it to the Regional when I see it.

This post is actually a post about posting regional info, not a post specifically designed to contain regional info. Did that make any sense :P Anyways, the point is lets talk shop (on the Regional Board) about Regional Info. I see people asking for beta all the time, but rarely do people "talk" about an area/visits/etc...

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook