Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

kalcario

Jul 31, 2003, 6:10 AM
Post #51 of 78 (6279 views)
Shortcut

Re: who do u respect more... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

*Y'all sound weak.

What are you training for ? More 5.12s ?!!?!?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.*

Check out all this week's weaklings at

http://www.8a.nu/eng/new/search.php?Gender=Both&GradeType=gte&ScoreType=0&TimeFrame=7&RemoveFuture=on&Order=routescore+DESC&Action2=SearchScore&Action=SearchScore&HideForm=1

lox

Jul 31, 2003, 6:30 AM
Post #52 of 78 (6279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh so THOSE are the guys that typically post to rc.com... the 8c+ euro sportclimbing contingent.

SNAP !

I should have known... the HARDCORE EUROS post here...

Kalcario... what are you doing reading a boldering forum ? You know it just makes you resent people how hard the moves are they pull. Don't you have some other place to vent your angry frustration...

Or did the hooker stop taking your credit card ?!?!

And bvb... you never told them what your point was: your point was that despite your immense ability to "outpull" random internet troglodytes, you still prefer boldering to all other disciplines for it's simple elegance and grace. Dicking about with so much gear is for the unenlightened.

Unburden yourselves.

Train your SOUL.

jimmyjamal

Jul 31, 2003, 11:08 AM
Post #53 of 78 (6279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

the only way to really get my respect is for one of them most likely A, to be a man or woman to first of all be nice to everyone they meet, secondly they would have to be willing to extend there knowledge to others, thirdly well they would just have to be the sort of person to put there own life on the line to save someone else.

bvb

Jul 31, 2003, 4:18 PM
Post #54 of 78 (6279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Maybe true, maybe not, doesn't matter...but at 45 you should know better and not react like that, just MHO.

By the way, RESPECT is something that has to be earned, and the scenario only describes characteristics related to climbing, nuthin' else.

of course i'm gonna react like that! i'm 45 in body, but 19 in mind. I'm still just a pissy little kid at heart, (thank god) and this is an internet bouldering forum, where, for me at least, the point is to have fun with verbal sparring, matching wits, and occasionally engaging in civil conversations about climbing. but, as always, my tagline will be the immortal words "STFU, n00b!"

And I agree totally with you on respect...some of the most vile wankers on the planet also happen to be some of the most accomplished climbers.

cracksniffer

Jul 31, 2003, 5:20 PM
Post #55 of 78 (6279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
*Y'all sound weak.

What are you training for ? More 5.12s ?!!?!?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.*

wow, funny how things change over the years.

If the person who wrote this statement is actually
a climber and not just a poser we can all hope that
one day they will forget to finish their tie in knot while
working on some 5.15.

cracksniffer

Jul 31, 2003, 5:45 PM
Post #56 of 78 (6279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
If the person who wrote this statement is actually
a climber and not just a poser we can all hope that
one day they will forget to finish their tie in knot while
working on some 5.15.
I take it back. everyone deserves a chance to grow up.
I hope this person does. And just because certain climbing
areas have made the 5.12 grade look soft hardly means
people who aspire to climb 5.12s are "weak." I've seen
climber who have redpointed .14s fall all over certain
5.12s. think Joshua Tree.

lox

Jul 31, 2003, 9:24 PM
Post #57 of 78 (6279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I take it back. everyone deserves a chance to grow up.

Yo, cracksniffer... thanks for "giving me" the "chance" to "grow up."

Peniswrinkle.

Seriously... if you think that that boldering is somehow less of a "real" type of climbing, or if you think it's merely "practise" for something else or wosre yet "training"... then you are a moron.

Plain and simple.

The anaology, which obviously went right over that swollen yet empty head of yours, was that EVEN IF these weaklings are "using" boldering as "training" they are prolly still (with perhaps a couple of exceptions) AT MOST climbing 5.12. And if this is teh case, tehn they are probably not proficient enough in boldering to have a valid opinion about it at all. For them, as for most climbers who disparage the discipline, they are probably mediocre bolderers who feel way more comfortable "pushing the limit" of endurance. Because unless you are climbing into the 13s, you aren't hitting teh true powerendurance band.

It reminds me of the boy scout "climbing manual" for the rockclimbing badge program which I teach. In it is a photo of a guy in a full rack and helmet, boldering 2 feet off the ground. The caption reads: Bouldering is sometimes used as practise for actual rockclimbing."

I'd like to see THAT fatass haul that rack up Babyface.

So before you spout off a rambling spew of incoherentness about giving people the change to grow, why not grow out of that slefrighteous dickliness and lighten the frig up.

There are obviously some effin' chuffers here who need to be taught that John Gill is a GENIUS, not just some dude practicing for "real" rockclimbing.

lox

Jul 31, 2003, 9:31 PM
Post #58 of 78 (6279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
And just because certain climbing
areas have made the 5.12 grade look soft hardly means
people who aspire to climb 5.12s are "weak."

Yes.

People who ASPIRE to climb 5.12 are weak.

They ASPIRE to be strongER than they are.

But on the grand scale, 5.11 is pretty average.

So yeah, while its really nice to say "OOOH ! We are ALL champions !" the fact is 5.8 - 5.10 is weak, 5.11 - 12 is average and 5.13 + is strong.

Of course, sportclimbing ratings are designed for this delineation and the subsequent dickwaving which comes (cums ?!?!?) as a result.

Also, interdiciplinary comparison of trad and sport ratings is not applicable and/or unclearly presented and I assure you that I AM a climber (omg, I have a ticklist to prove it !!!!) but that I will NOT be roping up to try any sportclimb, regardless of grade, anytime soon.

Sportclimbing doesn't even top out.

PUKE.

cracksniffer

Jul 31, 2003, 9:44 PM
Post #59 of 78 (6279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The anaology, which obviously went right over that swollen yet empty head of yours, was that EVEN IF these weaklings are "using" boldering as "training" they are prolly still (with perhaps a couple of exceptions) AT MOST climbing 5.12. And if this is teh case, tehn they are probably not proficient enough in boldering to have a valid opinion about it at all. For them, as for most climbers who disparage the discipline, they are probably mediocre bolderers who feel way more comfortable "pushing the limit" of endurance. Because unless you are climbing into the 13s, you aren't hitting teh true powerendurance band.

I just thought I'd quote you again so everyone can see what an IDIOT you are. If people who can "only" make it up 5.12s are therefore probably "not proficient enough in boldering to have a valid opinion about it," then methinks you are not proficient enough in thinking to have a valid opinion about anything.

kalcario

Jul 31, 2003, 11:55 PM
Post #60 of 78 (6279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

* Kalcario... what are you doing reading a boldering forum ? You know it just makes you resent people how hard the moves are they pull. Don't you have some other place to vent your angry frustration...*

Why am I here? Your DELICIOUSLY pathetic drivel, of course! I'm feeding off your pain and humiliation, like Hannibal toying with Clarice. I'm slurping it up like liver and Chianti. By all means, continue.

*Unburden yourselves.

Train your SOUL.*

ahhh...thank you Clarice...thank you

curt

Aug 1, 2003, 12:54 AM
Post #61 of 78 (6279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Joe,
In reply to:
I'm slurping it up like liver and Chianti.
Come to think of it, my liver has slurped up it's fair share of Chianti.

Curt

bvb

Aug 1, 2003, 3:39 AM
Post #62 of 78 (6279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
"oldschool burnout" indeed... talk about living on your laurels...

"Hey everyone! Now i'm old and decrepid, but look at how cool i used to be before i became a senile old fart!"

poor xanax.....clueless, weak, and inexperienced.

at 45, i'd wager any stakes he cares to put on the table that i can boulder a minimum of three v-grades harder than him, or 2 full number grades in sport climbing, or three full number grades in any trad discipline...hard slab, off-width, thin cracks, long/hard/free, whatever.

calling you out, little boy. put your money where your spray is.

or stfu.

ohhh xaaaaanax......

still waiting to hear back from you, ya pasty little spraylord.

tell ya what, i'll even up the stakes for you a little bit. we'll play "follow the leader" in a sudden death boulder-off. ten problems each, one point per problem. i'll spot you three points. and i'll wear tennies.

that way, you'll at least have a fightin' chance. heck, who sez us decrepit old has-beens like me aren't willing to give a wee lil' grommet like you a break??

come on now, give it on up to the rc.com crew, little buddy....who's yer daddy? :roll:

heh

xanx

Aug 1, 2003, 4:03 AM
Post #63 of 78 (6279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
at 45, i'd wager any stakes he cares to put on the table that i can boulder a minimum of three v-grades harder than him,

wow if you can boulder V10 i guess you are pretty strong. my sincere apologies for any disrespect i may have shown you in my ignorance.

curt

Aug 1, 2003, 4:23 AM
Post #64 of 78 (6279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
at 45, i'd wager any stakes he cares to put on the table that i can boulder a minimum of three v-grades harder than him,

wow if you can boulder V10 i guess you are pretty strong. my sincere apologies for any disrespect i may have shown you in my ignorance.

But xanx,

You didn't really answer bvb's challenge. Are you up to it? I'll come to moderate. Hahahaha. And, I'll bring the beer.

Curt

bvb

Aug 1, 2003, 5:05 AM
Post #65 of 78 (6279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lighten up xanax, i'm just funnin ya. yer making me feel like a cad, picking on a teenager. come on out west, we'll show you some "old school" tricks that'll have ya pullin' the hards in no time. meet us at josh this fall.......heh

curt....beer sounds good, but are you sure you want to contribute to the delinquency of a minor?

xanx

Aug 1, 2003, 5:06 AM
Post #66 of 78 (6279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

haha no i'm not. first off there is no honor in it. secondly our meeting is a bit unlikely as i don't get to go up to the gunks often at all. and finally, i am hardly sure that i can do any v7, just as i am hardly sure bvb can do and v10.

oudinardin

Aug 1, 2003, 11:43 AM
Post #67 of 78 (6279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
haha no i'm not. first off there is no honor in it. secondly our meeting is a bit unlikely as i don't get to go up to the gunks often at all. and finally, i am hardly sure that i can do any v7, just as i am hardly sure bvb can do and v10.
Don't you mean any? Nitpikky little bastards aint ya? Put up or shut up? Take another xanax and you'll be fine, junior. :roll:

jipstyle

Aug 1, 2003, 10:27 PM
Post #68 of 78 (6279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
You miss the point entirely.
20 years of boldering experience is 20 years examination of the actual movement of climbing, WITHOUT all "the systems" and "setups" and "stuff."
I've climbed trad, sport, multipitch and multiple 14ers in a day...
But I always return to the simplicity and difficulty of a crashpad and a chunk of stone.
You people, by insulting boldering, are insulting the very essence of climbing.
The answer to the original question is simple enough: whomever shows YOU more respect.
Duh.

... and the discussion ends here. Great post, lox.

wc

Aug 1, 2003, 11:11 PM
Post #69 of 78 (6279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

So you don't get out much eh? Sounds about right. Now I don't blame you for the spray, how would you know any better? I used to be pretty clueless (even more than I am now) before I quite my job and went on the road for a solid 3 months of climbing. Then I got a clue and quit my next job for 6 months of climbing. Next I think I will go for 3-6 months, but in Font. Get the picture? Save up $1,000, get some credit cards for back up, and come out west... it could save your life. We will meet you in J-Tree, like bvb said.

And don't underestimate bvb, I witnessed first hand the glory! This man HIKED Pig Pen at 2 am, by moon light, in hiking boots, with a belly full of scotch. Since it was a spur of the moment kinda thing there was no pad, just 3 of us giving a good 'ol compton spot 20' back, ready to haul off the corpse... I've climbed v9 and I know I couldn't top that nights performance, even on a good day.

climbingjunky

Aug 1, 2003, 11:53 PM
Post #70 of 78 (6279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That's why I love forums! :D

bobd1953

Jul 3, 2004, 11:25 PM
Post #71 of 78 (6279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
There are obviously some effin' chuffers here who need to be taught that John Gill is a GENIUS, not just some dude practicing for "real" rockclimbing.

Over two-thousand posts and now at last...something that makes sense.

tal

Jul 9, 2004, 3:57 AM
Post #72 of 78 (6279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

you guys are nuts :)
i would pick climber B, for respect more because hey he is awesome! but i problay would rather hang out with climber A because of his experiance

rispo

Jul 24, 2004, 1:42 AM
Post #73 of 78 (6279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

S12

treesail

Jul 24, 2004, 2:43 AM
Post #74 of 78 (6279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The thing is, neither of the hypotheticals are actual, full-on human beings -- they're simply lists of superficial accomplishments. xanx, do you actually offer up respect beginning and ending with such dumb shit? do you see PEOPLE at the crag, or just a bunch of plastic number-tickers who've been doing it for X number of years? Are you a climber or an accountant? Actually, f*ck "climber": be a little human.

jred

Jul 24, 2004, 2:58 AM
Post #75 of 78 (6279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I would have a hard time respecting either if all they did was boulder, there is nothing as lame as a person who just boulders. That said who respects people for either of those reasons? Both a and b could be total dick heads for all we know.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook