Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

samshafer

Aug 8, 2003, 10:56 AM
Post #51 of 57 (5564 views)
Shortcut

Re: Idiot statements of the year [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Sorry to say, but my wife is the champion of stupid questions. This is only a mild example: Every time I come home from climbing she asks, "Did you have a good time climbing"? See my motto below!

mountaingoat8

Aug 8, 2003, 12:49 PM
Post #52 of 57 (5564 views)
Shortcut

Actually have a good one... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I heard this one second hand through my gym's "Stupid Quote of the Month"

In reply to:
Trad climbing is easy.
In reply to:
Have you ever done it?
In reply to:
No, but I read a book about it once.

piton

Aug 8, 2003, 12:55 PM
Post #53 of 57 (5564 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ok i noticed an idiotic guide at the gunks this past sunday. i was at a cliff where there is no guide book and it wasn't the lost city. First of all the guide should not bring clients to this cliff! then he goes and sets up a TR (should have lead it first). As the guide is climbing on the TR he starts trundling loose rocks when it is illegal to trundle at the gunks... man oh man these gunks guides have some major ego issues! they should take some lessons from real guides like they have in the valley.

enigma

Aug 8, 2003, 5:06 PM
Post #54 of 57 (5564 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
ok i noticed an idiotic guide at the gunks this past sunday. i was at a cliff where there is no guide book and it wasn't the lost city. First of all the guide should not bring clients to this cliff! then he goes and sets up a TR (should have lead it first). As the guide is climbing on the TR he starts trundling loose rocks when it is illegal to trundle at the gunks... man oh man these gunks guides have some major ego issues! they should take some lessons from real guides like they have in the valley.

a little envy perhaps??? :wink:

fivetendude

Aug 8, 2003, 6:08 PM
Post #55 of 57 (5564 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Again this wasn't really so much stupid as goofy,
I was at a crag and there a couple of brits climbing, first guy gets ready to climb and the other yells out "ON BEELIE" which given their accents was pardonable, but then as the other guy gets ready to climb he tells his partner that he's "Attacking"
I did know wether to laugh or run!

markc

Aug 8, 2003, 7:56 PM
Post #56 of 57 (5564 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Again this wasn't really so much stupid as goofy,
I was at a crag and there a couple of brits climbing, first guy gets ready to climb and the other yells out "ON BEELIE" which given their accents was pardonable, but then as the other guy gets ready to climb he tells his partner that he's "Attacking"
I did know wether to laugh or run!

This reminded me of a mom I overheard at the crags encouraging her young kids to use the proper call and response before climbing. She kept saying "On Bebay? On Bebay? Bebay on!" in this overly happy toddler voice. This would have sent me crawling under the nearest rock if I were her kids, but they seemed accustomed to it. My partners and I couldn't properly verify our belay was on for months. I still sometimes ask if my bebay is on (before laughing so hard I can't climb).

She certainly didn't sound intelligent, but it's a good practice.

mark

sixter

Aug 9, 2003, 5:33 AM
Post #57 of 57 (5564 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Okay this has absolutely nothing to climbing but I told this story to a couple of friends this past weekend. I swear that this it true.

I was once on the beach with an ex-girlfriend and she said to me "Where do sea shells come from?"

I couldn't even respond I was so embarrassed that I was dating her.

Dave

Reminds me of an ex, I brought in some eggs from the chickens I used to have, and since the chickens were a smaller breed, they laid small eggs. Two of their eggs were the same as a "normal" large chicken egg. When she saw the little eggs she asked "If the chickens sit on them longer, do they get bigger?" She didn't last much longer after that.

This wasn't a stupid comment, but tonight at the gym I overheard a conversation , and I believe it was about lead climbing, wasn't paying attention, and I think they were talking about the mental aspects, and the beautiful woman said "It's all about the head." That was the only part of the conversation I heard clearly. :shock: :D :twisted:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook