First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

cerikpete

Aug 19, 2003, 5:55 PM
Post #26 of 68 (907 views)
Shortcut

Re: twosday coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ah to be done school, a beautiful feeling.

Afternoon all.

arrettinator

Aug 19, 2003, 6:09 PM
Post #27 of 68 (907 views)
Shortcut

Does anyone read the subject line when replying? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

3 hrs 50 minutes left.

I'm pretty sure that the Amish only have sex to procreate, and nothing else.
I think Mormons do it through a sheet w/ a hole in it so they can't see each other naked.
Not sure if the Amish do this too.

Partner wideguy

Aug 19, 2003, 6:13 PM
Post #28 of 68 (907 views)
Shortcut

Re: Does anyone read the subject line when replying? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
3 hrs 50 minutes left.

I think Mormons do it through a sheet w/ a hole in it so they can't see each other naked.

still not as good as hanging the soiled sheets outside after to prove the consummation and virginity... There was a quaint tradition. :shock:

cerikpete

Aug 19, 2003, 6:14 PM
Post #29 of 68 (907 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Note to self: avoid Amish country.

wishiwaswest

Aug 19, 2003, 6:15 PM
Post #30 of 68 (907 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I hear ya. Don't wake a sleeping giant! schools back here start next week. I hate that first week of school. Lots of grumpy kids. I really feel for the teachers. I think in Western N.C. they went back on the 7th of August.
Sounds like you just moved out there. Where did you end up?

Ended up in Bellevue, WA. Really liked West Seattle, but too far from where my job is headquartered (on the Eastside) and couldn't afford anything decent in Seattle proper. Found a great house here, 5 mins from Beautiful Downtown Bellvue, 10 min. walk to Lake Washington and a great beach, and 15 mins to downtown Seattle - well at least when there's no traffic - then it's about 30 mins. Great climbing within 30 mins as well!Neighbours are very nice and there's even some kids around who are my kids ages. My dog, a golden lab, has found a friend too - a black lab 2 doors down - so everyone is happy! As soon as I finish unpacking 500 bazillion boxes - I'll be even happier!

BTW - L'orange Brandy coffee and Baileys DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT go well together!

jumpingrock

Aug 19, 2003, 6:26 PM
Post #31 of 68 (907 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oi. I need a coffee. What a day. didn't even have time for a real or imagined coffee break until lunch :(. Oh well only 1 more week of this place. Then its back to the even more exciting school :(. Thankfully my schedule is Kick ass and I don't have to be up b4 9:00 except for wednesdays :D. Hope ya feel better Winter. I'll send my good vibes the 400 km to help ya fix up.

charrock

Aug 19, 2003, 6:30 PM
Post #32 of 68 (907 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
3 hrs 50 minutes left.

I don't know about the mormon thing. I grew up (a non-mormom) in Utah. Some of the mormon girls weren't shy. At least that's what I heard from my brothers friends. And they were in high school;-) Growing up non-mormon in Utah during the 60's was very interesting.

charrock

Aug 19, 2003, 6:32 PM
Post #33 of 68 (907 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Note to self: avoid Amish country.

ANd miss paradise!!

charrock

Aug 19, 2003, 6:33 PM
Post #34 of 68 (907 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
3 hrs 50 minutes left.

still not as good as hanging the soiled sheets outside after to prove the consummation and virginity... There was a quaint tradition. :shock:

Who did this? I'm sure long long ago, but really.

charrock

Aug 19, 2003, 6:46 PM
Post #35 of 68 (907 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
I hear ya. Don't wake a sleeping giant! schools back here start next week. I hate that first week of school. Lots of grumpy kids. I really feel for the teachers. I think in Western N.C. they went back on the 7th of August.
Sounds like you just moved out there. Where did you end up?

Ended up in Bellevue, WA. Really liked West Seattle, but too far from where my job is headquartered (on the Eastside) and couldn't afford anything decent in Seattle proper. Found a great house here, 5 mins from Beautiful Downtown Bellvue, 10 min. walk to Lake Washington and a great beach, and 15 mins to downtown Seattle - well at least when there's no traffic - then it's about 30 mins. Great climbing within 30 mins as well!Neighbours are very nice and there's even some kids around who are my kids ages. My dog, a golden lab, has found a friend too - a black lab 2 doors down - so everyone is happy! As soon as I finish unpacking 500 bazillion boxes - I'll be even happier!

BTW - L'orange Brandy coffee and Baileys DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT go well together!

I guess you have to change your name since you're there or you'll end up in Japan...Wash is a nice state. been there a few times. great tidal pools, skiing year round and kayaking the Puget Sound. We will have to send you some sunshine at times, tho' not now as we haven.t had enough to share this year.

wishiwaswest

Aug 19, 2003, 6:54 PM
Post #36 of 68 (907 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I guess you have to change your name since you're there or you'll end up in Japan...Wash is a nice state. been there a few times. great tidal pools, skiing year round and kayaking the Puget Sound. We will have to send you some sunshine at times, tho' not now as we haven.t had enough to share this year.

LOL...Japan? Nope, don't want to go THAT far West or East depending on your perspective, I guess! I'll try and blow some sun your way. I've been here since August 3rd and we haven't had more than a half day of rain. It has been BEAUTIFUL! I keep wishing for a rainy day so I don't feel guilty staying inside to unpack - which is why it's taking me so long - I'm NOT staying inside to unpack :D

jumpingrock

Aug 19, 2003, 7:14 PM
Post #37 of 68 (907 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

LOL...Japan? Nope, don't want to go THAT far West or East depending on your perspective, I guess! I'll try and blow some sun your way. I've been here since August 3rd and we haven't had more than a half day of rain. It has been BEAUTIFUL! I keep wishing for a rainy day so I don't feel guilty staying inside to unpack - which is why it's taking me so long - I'm NOT staying inside to unpack :D

October 1st to March 3rd. You will be able to unpack at this time.

charley

Aug 19, 2003, 7:18 PM
Post #38 of 68 (907 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have my lawn done by 5 pm because I'm out of work at 3-3:30. Most of you are still in the office. Like now. I think I'll go open a beer.

wishiwaswest

Aug 19, 2003, 7:22 PM
Post #39 of 68 (907 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

October 1st to March 3rd. You will be able to unpack at this time.

Yeah Yeah Yeah - you guys are such killjoys! It doesn't really rain in Seattle - it's so brown here it looks like N. California in the summer! Yeeeeesh!

charley

Aug 19, 2003, 7:27 PM
Post #40 of 68 (907 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm glad to see it's Beautiful downtown, Washington. Bellview is where the state mental hospital is here. Was worried for a minute there.
Ryan, my day is in. It's beer time now.

winter

Aug 19, 2003, 7:28 PM
Post #41 of 68 (907 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

thanks for the wishes of good health guys...it seems that my bout of truck hit induced nausea has passed. The chai I has this morning seems to have fixed that up.
Ahh, only 3 more hours til I go climbing. yipee

wishiwaswest

Aug 19, 2003, 7:35 PM
Post #42 of 68 (907 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I'm glad to see it's Beautiful downtown, Washington. Bellview is where the state mental hospital is here. Was worried for a minute there.

There are some who would argue - naaaaaah - I'm as sane as the rest of you!

Glad you're feeling better winter!

hangerlessbolt

Aug 19, 2003, 7:42 PM
Post #43 of 68 (907 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
- I'm as sane as the rest of you!

being under the assumption that you are in deed a relatively intelligent woman...I can safely presume that you knew when typing that...that you weren't saying much.

To which I expect a reply of. "Well DUH!!"

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

(btw:Glad you're feeling better Winter...I think I know the truck of which you speak. )

wishiwaswest

Aug 19, 2003, 7:56 PM
Post #44 of 68 (907 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
- I'm as sane as the rest of you!

being under the assumption that you are in deed a relatively intelligent woman...I can safely presume that you knew when typing that...that you weren't saying much.

To which I expect a reply of. "Well DUH!!"

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

(btw:Glad you're feeling better Winter...I think I know the truck of which you speak. )

WELL DUH!!!! And what are you insinuating by using the terms "assumption" and "relatively" may I ask????????

And where ARE those pics???????

arrettinator

Aug 19, 2003, 8:02 PM
Post #45 of 68 (907 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Bellview is where the state mental hospital is here. Was worried for a minute there.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
In reply to:
I still have 2 hours, then it's wings and beer. Going to the Rayne Drop Inn.
It's a bit of a biker bar, so I fit in just perfect :roll: , but the wings are great.

charrock

Aug 19, 2003, 8:05 PM
Post #46 of 68 (907 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I have my lawn done by 5 pm because I'm out of work at 3-3:30. Most of you are still in the office. Like now. I think I'll go open a beer.

Oh...PM then you're a good neighbor. Now if you did their lawn you would be a great neighbor

charley

Aug 19, 2003, 8:07 PM
Post #47 of 68 (907 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Glad your feeling better winter. It is 4:00 pm. Those on the east coast have about an hour left in the office. Although some may have more. I have to go pack for three day weekend of climbing.

arrettinator

Aug 19, 2003, 8:33 PM
Post #48 of 68 (907 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

1 hr 25 min till beer and wings.

jumpingrock

Aug 19, 2003, 8:42 PM
Post #49 of 68 (907 views)
Shortcut