First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

darkside

Aug 20, 2003, 11:31 AM
Post #1 of 120 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Departure Day Cafe
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well it's humpday for most people but for me its the start, of my drive out west that is. Three days from now I may look like this. :shock:

charrock

Aug 20, 2003, 11:43 AM
Post #2 of 120 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Re: Departure Day Cafe [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Well it's humpday for most people but for me its the start, of my drive out west that is. Three days from now I may look like this. :shock:

How are you going to serve the coffee if you 're out west? It's going to be out of a thermos , isn't it? I'll take one anyway and do have a good and safe trip. Charlie

darkside

Aug 20, 2003, 12:06 PM
Post #3 of 120 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The door is already on the latch, the Earl Grey is hot, the coffee is strong, and I need to get out of here....

/singing/
We gotta get outta this place,
If it's the last thing we ever do,
We gotta get outta this place,
I'm sure there's a piece of rock.....
For me to climb.

BOO YAAH

darkside

Aug 20, 2003, 12:10 PM
Post #4 of 120 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

PS don't let the Doors hit you on the way in.

Maybe I'm wrong....don't get Stoned. :?

Partner calamity_chk

Aug 20, 2003, 1:12 PM
Post #5 of 120 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

haha .. grant, i hope you have a marvelous time on your trip, and if i'm in co when you're passing through idaho, i'll definitely make the jog up there. when the time gets closer, let me know the dates that you'll be there, and we can climb on the darkside .. bwah hahahaha ... hee hee.

best,
amber

hangerlessbolt

Aug 20, 2003, 1:22 PM
Post #6 of 120 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Morning ladies and gents...oh, and Grant ;)

Well got the outline completed on my half-sleeve tattoo so I'm stoked. Go back in in two weeks and begin the filling.

I think I'll wait a little before I have some joe...but a croissant sounds really tasty right about now. :)

climbs4fun

Aug 20, 2003, 1:42 PM
Post #7 of 120 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Morning everybody. Have a good trip Grant.

We're trying not to float away here. Had some serious flooding here last night and we're gonna get nothing but rain for the next two days.

I needs coffee. I'm off to go get ready for work. See you all in a bit.

coach

Aug 20, 2003, 1:48 PM
Post #8 of 120 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kelly,
Saw the news this morning and couldn't believe that was Vegas!!! :shock:

arrettinator

Aug 20, 2003, 1:53 PM
Post #9 of 120 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Morning.
Another fun filled day.

Partner calamity_chk

Aug 20, 2003, 1:54 PM
Post #10 of 120 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

oohh ... and can i have a cup of freshly ground french roast please? :D

climbs4fun

Aug 20, 2003, 1:56 PM
Post #11 of 120 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Kelly,
Saw the news this morning and couldn't believe that was Vegas!!! :shock:

Yeah it was a mess. Fortunately most of it was on the other side of town. But it isn't over yet. Like I said, we have two more days of rain forcasted. Our street is prone to flooding, but I don't think we'll have too many problems.

See everybody when I get to work.

charrock

Aug 20, 2003, 2:06 PM
Post #12 of 120 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

We're trying not to float away here. Had some serious flooding here last night and we're gonna get nothing but rain for the next two days.

Getting it again! We've finally dried out over here in the East. We can actually mnt bike again. I remember being in Arizona years back when it flooded. Lots of desert towns don't have sewer systems like here and the streets become rivers. I hope you dry out BUT don't send it this way.

charrock

Aug 20, 2003, 2:23 PM
Post #13 of 120 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
haha .. grant, i hope you have a marvelous time on your trip, and if i'm in co when you're passing through idaho, i'll definitely make the jog up there. when the time gets closer, let me know the dates that you'll be there, and we can climb on the darkside .. bwah hahahaha ... hee hee.

best,
amber
Hey Amber: When ya going to CO. Sept. is a great month. Few tourist, great weather, thunderstorms abating and maybe a little snow. Charlie

winter

Aug 20, 2003, 2:24 PM
Post #14 of 120 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Morning all. Send the rain our way, despite the rain last night we still have sweltering days forcasted for the rest of the week. We've had the hottest, driest summer ever, good for climbing, crap for the garden.
Anyway, climbed crazy overhung stuff last night because that's all that was dry, super fun good pockets, way hard. It was thundering and lightnign and pouring on the hike in, overall, pretty great night.
I'll have a bagel and chai.

charrock

Aug 20, 2003, 2:25 PM
Post #15 of 120 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Morning.
Another fun filled day.
hey start the countdown. You're closer to coopers rock. Check out the mnt. biking there. Let me know how it is. Supposedly there's 20 miles of trails! Charlie

Partner wideguy

Aug 20, 2003, 2:26 PM
Post #16 of 120 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Morning alll!!! Short day for me today. Company picnic at the VP's house, which I'm bailing on early to go climbing. :twisted:

I'll take a large with some of the good stuff on the side.
http://www.dutyfree.ca/...ges/003173080887.jpg

charrock

Aug 20, 2003, 2:33 PM
Post #17 of 120 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Well got the outline completed on my half-sleeve tattoo so I'm stoked. Go back in in two weeks and begin the filling.

I think I'll wait a little before I have some joe...but a croissant sounds really tasty right about now. :)

Hey Hangerless: I need to know about this tatoo thing. You go in and get the outline drawn thenback in to fill in by numbers? This is a time consuming hobby ya got, not to mention painful. Now about those piercings. 2 day process as well? You keep this up and someone will frame your body and hang in on the wall as art work. Charlie (just an old timer)

charrock

Aug 20, 2003, 2:38 PM
Post #18 of 120 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Winter and Chad:
Chad you know better than to drink and climb. Showing that picture of Jack will only get Ryan on his countdown.

Winter glad to see yo got a little rain last night. Last year we didn't get any for many many months. Now it won't stop....so the moral is be careful what you wish for. Charlie

jumpingrock

Aug 20, 2003, 2:51 PM
Post #19 of 120 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

8 days left! 8 days left! YAAAA HOOO.

Man I hate boring summer jobs. I need LOTS of coffee this morning.... Well actually a simple Caramel Chillatte from Second Cup will do me VERY well :).

Morning all. Hope you all have fun climbing. I havn't been climbing for weeks. After I spent a week in Squamish its hard to motivate myself to go climb in the gym :(.

hangerlessbolt

Aug 20, 2003, 2:54 PM
Post #20 of 120 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Hey Hangerless: I need to know about this tatoo thing. You go in and get the outline drawn thenback in to fill in by numbers? This is a time consuming hobby ya got, not to mention painful. Now about those piercings. 2 day process as well? You keep this up and someone will frame your body and hang in on the wall as art work. Charlie (just an old timer)

“I have the desire and the means…he has the skill and the time…perfect union of artist and client.” - Robert

It depends on the size of the piece, the amount of time allotted, the speed of the artist, and one’s tolerance for pain.

Clark does work in close to half the time that it takes most artists…you just have to be able to deal with non-stop puncturing of the flesh.

Anyway, not to get side-tracked….the process:
1. You find a piece that you like…could be another tat or a picture of something.
2. Sit down with the artist and put together something that you REALLY want. Having the artist design a piece for you will require a deposit. That way even if you don’t get the piece he still gets paid for his effort.
3. Schedule an appointment.
4. He will probably have his area all ready set up when you come in.
5. He will copy the design onto carbon paper. Then place the carbon paper on your arm…kind of like the peel and stick tats you see in stores.
6. Then you will go check it out in a mirror…if there are ANY adjustments you want made…NOW is the time to say something. And speak up…this sh*t’s permanent. (Where piercings are not)
7. You’ll sit down (say for a shoulder piece)…the tattoo gun has any number of needles depending on what’s being done. Outlines have about 7 needles whereas with shading I’ve had up to 18.
8. The outline will be done first and, yes, it’s going to hurt. Remember these are needles going about an 8th of an inch or so in and out of your skin.
9. Once the outline’s complete the artist will begin to fill it all in.
10. When he’s done, he’ll bandage your new “wound”, give you care instructions, get paid, and send you on your way to heal. Feel free to call him or anyone at the shop if you have any questions or problems.

Clark North is featured in this month’s (October…yes, they distribute 2 months ahead) Tattoo magazine on page 70.

arrettinator

Aug 20, 2003, 2:58 PM
Post #21 of 120 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Mountain biking.
[dirty]Heh, we don't need no stinking mountain biking.[/dirty]
Actually, I'm not sure where the trails are for that.
I've only been down by the rocks.
It's looking like it's gonna be a nice weekend.
Anne should come down.
I don't know if she's ever been there when it hasn't been raining. :lol:
Maybe she's why it rains there. :wink:
I wonder if she'll read this. :roll:

NICEPORCH and rockshot will be down there for Saturday.
charley is gonna be there the whole weekend. (lucky bastard)
Maybe I'll try out trad. (easy trad, though)

granite_grrl

Aug 20, 2003, 2:59 PM
Post #22 of 120 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well Darkside, you seem mildly excited I guess. I don't see why, I mean all you get to do is go off to Squamish while I get to go home and return to classes. :? (read "not fair, wine wine") Have fun on the trip, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Oh, as I was telling you earlier the boyfriend is running off for a few days so that gives me time to go play on the rock before classes start again.

If it's climbing it's all good.

Partner wideguy

Aug 20, 2003, 3:02 PM
Post #23 of 120 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, the first tat I want is my stage screw 6" x6" all power lines, jet black, right between my shoulders. So you're saying that's gonna hurt like a b!tch, huh? Good to know.

Partner wideguy

Aug 20, 2003, 3:21 PM
Post #24 of 120 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Hey Winter and Chad:
Chad you know better than to drink and climb. Showing that picture of Jack will only get Ryan on his countdown.
Charlie

Point well taken. :oops: I'll definitely save the drinking for AFTER the climbing. Explaining THAT will actually be harder than coming up with an excuse to leave early.

As for the countdown, it IS HUMPDAY after all so maybe a countdown is Ok today, provided there is something to look forward to.

climbs4fun

Aug 20, 2003, 3:31 PM
Post #25 of 120 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Getting it again! We've finally dried out over here in the East. We can actually mnt bike again. I remember being in Arizona years back when it flooded. Lots of desert towns don't have sewer systems like here and the streets become rivers. I hope you dry out BUT don't send it this way.

LOL. I'll do my best Charlie. But I'm using all my weather altering energy to keep it away from Big Bear this weekend :twisted:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook