RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Climbing Photography

Premier Sponsor:

xanx

Aug 22, 2003, 4:34 AM
Post #1 of 2 (782 views)
Shortcut

burning climbing DVD's??
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

i wasn't really sure where this goes, it kinda has to do with photography, but it is climbing related so i don't want to bury it in community.

i just dumped a lot of money i haven't got on a new Sony DVD burner that burns in DVD-R DVD+R DVD-RW and DVD+RW. i also bought 50 Fuji DVD-R blank disks. i have about 1.5 gigs of climbing videos.

my goal: to put these vids on a DVD that i can play in a normal DVD player. Menus would be nice, but i can live w/out them.

my secondary goal: to back up my DVD videos on a blank DVD

my problems:
1) first off, i used Show Biz, the software that comes with the burner, to put my vids in a nice order. i put in still pics between section (gunks, bishop, ect...) and put text in as needed and added my own music tracks to the boring spots and trimmed the video clips where needed. all in all i spent about 5 hrs on this, maybe more. i ended up with 4 hours (yes, 4) of continuous climbing footage. Show Biz has an option to burn this to a DVD with or without menus. Either way, it has to re-format it to work in a DVD player. the problem is, i calculated it and it would take 20.628 hours of continuous processing to format the entire 4 hours of climbing vids. there has to be a faster way to do what i want! also, if anyone knows how i can split my 4 hr. video into two 2 hr videos that would be great... apparently DVD-R hold 4.7 gigs or 120 minutes of video... and i really don't want to spend the time to just delete the second half and then redo it all....

2)the slightly more glaring problem is this: blank DVD-R disks should be BLANK, right? then can someone explain why my blank DVD-R disks, right out of the package, have a 44 meg music file on them? i tried the first one in the package and one about half way thru - both have the same music file that always tries to auto play, so it won't let me delete it (file in use...). i checked the burner by putting in a blank CD-R and there were no problems, so it must be the DVD-R disks, right? i have the receipt, but should i go to Comp USA first or call Fuji about it?? any possible explainations for this??

thanks a lot, i'm really pissed by all this. any suggestions would be great.

apk

Aug 22, 2003, 4:44 AM
Post #2 of 2 (782 views)
Shortcut

Re: burning climbing DVD's?? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm not sure how to do what you want to do, but there is a website that will most likely help you out. It it www.dvdrhelp.com

Hope this helps.

Alex

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Climbing Photography

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook