Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

ronamick

Aug 26, 2003, 2:14 AM
Post #26 of 32 (2299 views)
Shortcut

Re: healthy breakfast [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

When on a climbing trip I make it my practice to roll out of the sack, tear the top off of a Colt 45 tall and drain that punk down in one hearty swaller.

Gits the blood stirrin', and before I know it I'm hankerin' for a jumbo plate of biscuits and gravy, even if I wasn't hungry to start with.

Somebody also mentioned the obvious- take food with you, and eat when you get hungry, fool! Geez, does everybody have to get everything explained to them around here? My rules for existence:

Hungry, eat. Tired, sleep. Thirsty, drink. Pain, yell. Get hit, hit back. Annoyed, kill source of annoyance. Full bladder, pee. Hot, sweat. Danger, run. Money, spend. Rocks, climb. Up high, hold on. Under water, hold breath. Itch, scratch. Get the picture? Good.

ronamick

Aug 26, 2003, 2:16 AM
Post #27 of 32 (2299 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I like a nice helping of fur burger.

good job, lad!

petsfed

Aug 26, 2003, 2:28 AM
Post #28 of 32 (2299 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I seem to eat big bowls of SUCK whenever I get up early to go climbing. That or oatmeal.

ptone

Aug 26, 2003, 2:40 AM
Post #29 of 32 (2299 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Even tho I know I'll have a better day climbing if i've fed, I'm usually running thick in the morning, and not much of a breakfast eater--with enough time to wake up I might do yoghurt and granola--protein gives you a longer energy load I think.

Truth is I usually slam a couple boosts or hp ensures on the drive out, maybe a date bar for fiber with my coffee...then gatorade and granolabar it til I get back to land :roll:

gravitysucks

Aug 26, 2003, 3:06 AM
Post #30 of 32 (2299 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I'm a breakfast fan -- favorite meal of the day. On climbing days, I usually toss down a protein bar and an egg McMuffin. And the usual Venti coffee from Starbucks.

Days when I camping or on the wall -- protein bars melt too easily, so I go with granola bars or nutri-grain bars, and a bagel with peanut butter.

Ed

I love breakfast too. amen to the Venti, Ed. and I'll have the chai frappuccino, thanks. set me up with one of those babies, a Chocolate Almond Clif bar and one from the fruit group... and I'm good for 3-4 routes.

:roll: :? :shock: :wink:

curt

Aug 26, 2003, 3:23 AM
Post #31 of 32 (2299 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Macs. My favorite is the sausage biscuit with egg, especially if I am driving. The pancakes with sausage are great too--but near impossible to eat at 75mph as the syrup gets everywhere.

Curt

bvb

Aug 26, 2003, 4:28 AM
Post #32 of 32 (2299 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
When on a climbing trip I make it my practice to roll out of the sack, tear the top off of a Colt 45 tall and drain that punk down in one hearty swaller.

Gits the blood stirrin', and before I know it I'm hankerin' for a jumbo plate of biscuits and gravy, even if I wasn't hungry to start with.

Somebody also mentioned the obvious- take food with you, and eat when you get hungry, fool! Geez, does everybody have to get everything explained to them around here? My rules for existence:

Hungry, eat. Tired, sleep. Thirsty, drink. Pain, yell. Get hit, hit back. Annoyed, kill source of annoyance. Full bladder, pee. Hot, sweat. Danger, run. Money, spend. Rocks, climb. Up high, hold on. Under water, hold breath. Itch, scratch. Get the picture? Good.

goddam it ron, 27 years later and yer still on that fukkin' health kick...if you'd taken my advice about the triple 'spros and bongloads for breakfast, ya coulda been a real climber, like me....

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook