RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - MidWest

Premier Sponsor:

towergod

Sep 14, 2003, 9:30 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1395 views)
Shortcut

Missouri Climbers
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Private Reply | Can't Post

If I step on someones toes I am truly sorry. I have been climbing at trappers camp every week unless it was rainy for the past six months and we used to see lots (3-6) people almost every time. I know it was real hot for awhile and no one wanted to climb cus of the heat factor. But now that it's cool down there we have not seen anyone climbing and we don't know why. This whole trend just so happened to start the weekend Jeremy left for CO. I don't really know why i wrote this cus i kinda like being able to go down there and having the whole place to ourselfs. The only real reason i wrote this is because i'm curious on to why people stopped climbing their.
Tim

therealbovine

Sep 15, 2003, 10:14 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1395 views)
Shortcut

Re: Missouri Climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post

Typically Missouri climbers hibernate during the summer months. Its just so damn hot and humid! Trappers in known for lots of snakes, high water, poisen oak and Mosquitos. The river seems a bit murky to swim in on hot days as well. Try going to Warsaw in the summer if you want company...otherwise be patient...the hords will return this fall..I guarantee it!

jer

Sep 18, 2003, 3:43 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1395 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

HA HA!
Timmy- great to hear you are getting out so much! Keep pullin down man!
The reason no-one's down there is because they are all travelin' throughout the summer, namely to Colorado(yee-haw). I remember the first two years I was climbing at Trappers, we also had it all to ourselves. It was GLOR-EE-US! Those were the days...enjoy it while it lasts my friend.

Bovine- Don't forget, Ticks, Poison Ivy, Monster centipedes, Bats, gnats, vines, and SPORT CLIMBERS- YIPES!!!!

Jer

P.S. Bovine, please get your skinny little butt out here soon.

P.P.S. Timmy, if you have trouble getting Scott to go down with ya, Try folks at the Kansas City Climbing Club. Also there is a pretty good group developing in Warrensburg that will be down there often probably starting soon.

towergod

Sep 19, 2003, 2:54 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1395 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Don't worry i don't think i could keep up with Scott if he went every time he wanted to go. I am finaly getting to go to the throne to climb. I hope it is a pleasent weekend for the weather. Dude i have the chance of a lifetime at least I think so. I am getting to go to Thailand to visit my sis and am getting to climb around Phuket. She is teaching with a climber from CO. You spook of a climbing club in Wearrensburg forming, do you know any of the details about it
Till next time your Back
Tim

jer

Sep 19, 2003, 4:26 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1395 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Phuket...
you may be saying the same thing depending on which routes you get on there. Oh man...that joke was bad.

Have fun in Arkansas.
Don't let it stifle your enjoyment of Misery Slimestone...

No club in Warrensburg...just motivated climbers who dig Trappers and Warsaw.

-Jer in the world?

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - MidWest

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook