RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trip Reports

Premier Sponsor:

revegentil

Sep 15, 2003, 1:17 AM
Post #1 of 1 (1224 views)
Shortcut

first climb sweetness
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

:D this weekend i had to drive my roommate to raleigh to pick up a truck by saturday. it turned out that the truck wouldnt be ready until sunday, so since i was 6 hours away from home (hatteras island) why not go 9 hours?
so instead of trucking, saturday i went to pilot mountain in northwestern NC, and although ive been "climbing" for a year, this was my first real rock.(ive only seen the inside of gyms-im from florida). since there were no plans to climb this weekend i didnt have a rope, but i did have my harness and shoes. i met 4 awesome and incredibly nice climbers and they took me into their crew and "showed me the ropes". literally.
they had toproped Devil in the Whitehouse, 5.10d . and another route thats a 5.6. i first killed the 5.6 and finished a variation of the 5.10 making it 5.8d (i was told). whatever..it doesnt matter...i had a blast, i learned, and im even more psyched about climbing than before. life is gooood
a HUGE thanks to my four new friends. and thanks to everyone here for your tips and help ive used in the gym and on the rocks.

Forums : Climbing Information : Trip Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook