RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

calliope

Sep 18, 2003, 11:58 PM
Post #1 of 5 (946 views)
Shortcut

Women's gear
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I just went to get a harness today and it took me forever to find one that fit in the waist and the legs. I finally found one with a decently padded waistband and adjustable leg straps. I've had problems before with finding shoes as well. Where do you guys normally get your gear and are there specific brands that understand the basic shape of a woman's body. (Ok, that line is going to be misinterpreted).

jay_climbingchick

Sep 19, 2003, 1:00 AM
Post #2 of 5 (946 views)
Shortcut

Re: Women's gear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The harness I have is a Pecel Corax. I love it and I found it at REI. I also wair the mythos women's shoes and I love those too. I think it is what ever you want.

changling

Sep 20, 2003, 8:44 PM
Post #3 of 5 (946 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

As a harness I have the Metolius 3D Freedom. Being tall, I've had a lot of trouble finding a harness that fit right (I found that the leg loops on most harnesses were digging into my crotch), but the 3D Freedom allows you to adjust the rise and width of the leg loops, and the padding on the waist belt feel just fine for me. My only complaint is the fact that it only has one side buckle so the harness is not centered when I wear it over bulky clothes in winter, but for rock climbing, it's great.

In terms of shoes, I have the La Sportiva Cliffs. I love La Sportiva brand shoes in general because they have a narrow heel compared to most other brands, which fits my female foot just right.

If you want to find the best gear for yourself, you have to shop around as much as you can. I had to visit all the climbing shops in town before finding the good stuff. Well worth the effort though.

kletterkrazy

Oct 4, 2003, 2:44 PM
Post #4 of 5 (946 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i find shoes really hard to find. my foot often doesn't fit in most shoes i'd like to try (like the anasazis) because the slingshot rand on the back of the heel (the rubber that pulls your foot into the shoe) actually doesn't mold to my foot. the top of the shoe around my ankle area scrapes and presses on the tendon below my ankle, making it near impossible for me to put any weight on my feet! i'd go for the women's shoes or the shoes with the smaller heelcups: like the 5.10 sapphires, the mythos, or a few of the sportivas.

calliope

Oct 5, 2003, 4:59 AM
Post #5 of 5 (946 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I ended up with Mad Rock Mugens and they've been fine. I had to dip down into children's sizes in the 5.10s and still couldn't find a good fit. I'll give sportiva's a look the next time I buy shoes.

Thanks.

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook