RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

leadingedge

Feb 13, 2002, 11:33 AM
Post #1 of 5 (2357 views)
Shortcut

La Sportiva Cliff new fit???
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Try a different shoe. If you have narrow feet then I recon Boreal Matrix.

case22

Feb 14, 2002, 12:17 AM
Post #2 of 5 (2357 views)
Shortcut

La Sportiva Cliff new fit??? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I wouldn't recommend the Matrix. It's almost too soft. One of my partners have them, and he doesn't hardly ever wear them because of how soft they are. It depends on what kind of climbing you do. Are you a beginner, intermediate, or advanced climber? I myself have a pair of Boreal Quetzals. They were a good beginning slipper shoe. They took awhile to break in, but they're finally soft now. However, my shoes of choice are my La Sportiva Meraks. They aren't too soft, but they're not too hard. Plus, they're good on all kinds of climbs.

biff

Feb 14, 2002, 12:26 AM
Post #3 of 5 (2357 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have a pair of cliff (blue) and a pair of matrix.

I love both. I have a average-wide foot. the stiff sole and great heel fit make the cliff great for edging and heel hooking. The nice soft asymetric shape of the matrix make them great for pockets.

The heel on the matrix is not a good fit on my foot at all, there is almost a quarter inch of space between parts of my heel and the shoe. they are terrible for me when heel hooking on edges, but I don't care. their performance in pockets makes up for it.

as far as a change in design .. sorry I can't help you. but I have prety much average foot, size 10 maybe a bit wide, I have a pair of 8.5 cliff because they were tight, yet comphy in the store. I which I got the size 8, and endured the pain for the first few months, since they have streched a bit more than I expected.

hope that helps

[ This Message was edited by: biff on 2002-02-13 16:28 ]

case22

Feb 15, 2002, 1:12 AM
Post #4 of 5 (2357 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I really like the Meraks. The toe is really pointed, so it's great in pockets. It's pretty soft, but it's not so soft that it will get torn up. My friend doesn't wear his Matrix shoes at the gym because they would be torn up too fast. My other friend told me that they were rated the best shoes by a climbing magazine. I don't remember which one, but they rated a lot of gear, and they were at the top of the list.

Hope I helped you some!

rastalizard

Feb 16, 2002, 1:08 PM
Post #5 of 5 (2357 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have had a pair of the new Cliff Blues for 6 months,my major problem is with the rubber.The rubber is tearing away from the shoe in places where one does not even apply pressure.In other words they don't handle wear and tear well and already need a resole .The fit is really good and they make a good multi-purpose shoe but I will never buy another pair.
Hope that helps

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook