RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

moabbeth

Oct 10, 2003, 12:57 AM
Post #1 of 8 (1987 views)
Shortcut

In Moab
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

After working a 9 hour day yesterday, getting off at 11pm and driving straight from LA to Moab in one long push, I'm finally "home"!!. Damn, it wasn't as bad in a push as I thought it would. It's worth being awake for 37 hours straight now just to be back here :D !

I've got some ever changing climbing plans but if anyone is coming through Moab/SE Utah over the next couple weeks, it's always fun to meet the Utah/Colo climbers on the site. Might hit the Creek Sun...Amber, you still up for it? I did Potash climbs all day today...that's enough Potash :wink: . Time for the CREEK for the good stuff!

PM me if you're in the Moab/SE Utah area in the next week or more, heck even to just have a beer and sit around a campfire! I'll check it tomorrow night when I'm back down in town (gotta love the Moab library and their free internet, nice air conditioned place to be after a day in the sun). PS - slideshow tomorrow night at Pagan with these dudes that kitesailed through Baffin or something fukked up like that.

Climb on :D !

stizrizzo

Oct 10, 2003, 6:49 AM
Post #2 of 8 (1987 views)
Shortcut

Re: In Moab [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Wish I was there,
BUT, since we're on the topic, I am craving a road trip, but won't be able to go till the 1st of January.

Sooooo... please do tell..

Thinking about St. George, maybe over toward Indian Creek, with a tower or two in between.

How is the winter weather? The Mormon babes???

Basically I am just sad and jealous, and want to be on the road, so please tell me happy things about utah in january. So I can dream. Maybe the next three months will vanish and I will be on another magical endeavor.

Recommendations, advices, anecdotes?

Have fun in Moab.

Cheers

thedesertnomad

Oct 10, 2003, 7:48 AM
Post #3 of 8 (1987 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Hey Hey Hey !!!!!!! :D

I am headed up there tomorrow !!! Flying back to Phoenix in the afternoon and jumping right into a road trip by late night !!! Should be in town late morning of the 11th. Spending the first few days roaming back country in Canyonlands. Will def. try to hook up !!!!

Bill

leec

Oct 11, 2003, 3:34 AM
Post #4 of 8 (1987 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Nice. After driving all the way to Green River yesterday and then realising I'd managed to leave ALL my gear at home I spent a day aguishing over being an A-hole in sunny Snow canyon getting my ass toasted.

(Note to all - climbing and rapping in bare feet = pain when you slip and rip!)

Maybe next w/e??? Whats new apart from getting ignored again...

granitegod

Oct 11, 2003, 4:18 AM
Post #5 of 8 (1987 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Beth

You're truly an animal. I'm inspired by your aggro attitude. Wish I could join ya this weekend......

Enjoy the full moon and cooler temps....... climb safe!

sjk

Oct 16, 2003, 6:01 PM
Post #6 of 8 (1987 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I need a partner this weekend. You mentioned your interested in Indian Creek. I'm leaving from Grand Junction, CO. Saturday morning for the Creek or Potash if I have a partner or not. I'm totally game for the Creek. I've got enough gear to do most climbs out there, however my skill level is mostly stuck at the 5-10 level. I don't check my e-mail any later than 2:30 p.m. on Fridays Kolarik1@hotmail.com. You can also call me at 970-255-1997.
We can also arrange to meet at Super Crack Buttress on Saturday. I can get there at 10:00 am. I drive a white Chevy camper van. It's a huge hard to miss vehicle.
Thanks Steve Kolarik

desertclimber

Oct 18, 2003, 2:23 AM
Post #7 of 8 (1987 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

*sigh*

Sorry I couldn't go play... I have to rehab my finger, though!

thelawgoddess

Oct 25, 2003, 7:31 PM
Post #8 of 8 (1987 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey beth, will you be around after the 8th or so? i want to hit up the desert before the ski resort opens!

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook