RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

blueman

Feb 15, 2002, 5:30 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1061 views)
Shortcut

Anybody use Robots?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Just thought I'd check to see if any of you use Robot Cams? If so, do you like them as much as Metolius or BD?
Blue

kaptk

Feb 15, 2002, 5:46 AM
Post #2 of 3 (1061 views)
Shortcut

Anybody use Robots? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I was looking at these also on acmeclimbing.com, a website that I found out about from this website. If you click on search at the top of the page and put in "robots" you will find many useful posts that have already discussed this issue. I hope this helps.
-Karl
PS- You might want to move this to the Gear Heads forum.

[ This Message was edited by: kaptk on 2002-02-14 21:49 ]

beta

Feb 15, 2002, 5:57 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1061 views)
Shortcut

Anybody use Robots? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You will find a number of threads regarding this topic if you use the search function at the top right of your screen.

That being said, I have robot sizes 1 thru 4, they are very similar to the Met cams,(they may actually be identical). They have worked well for me in the several times I have used them in the last few months. I find that the center lobes being close together seem to resist walking when placed as opposed to other brands with more seperation between the center lobes with the exception of the larger size. More akin to TCU's overall.

BD do weigh more, but have a greater range.
I like quality over quantity, and would choose the BD overall if I wanted to carry fewer cams despite the added expense.

That being said, and with personal preferance at the fore front, give me CCH Aliens in the smaller sizes and WC Friends in the larger sizes. I like them a lot.

Listen to the other opinions, I am sure there will be valid resons for what others prefer, choose according to what works best for you.

beta

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook