RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

dredsovrn

Oct 24, 2003, 6:54 PM
Post #1 of 5 (3500 views)
Shortcut

How slack should a slackline be?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Maybe it is a personal preference. I haven't really spent a lot of time doing it, but mine always seem to loose. To the point of unwalkable. Maybe I am just not good at it.

Any tricks to making the line tighter?

hippie_dreams

Oct 24, 2003, 7:11 PM
Post #2 of 5 (3500 views)
Shortcut

Re: How slack should a slackline be? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I think the amount of slack is your line is a personal preference, but remember it's not called tight rope walking for a reason. When I first started I found that I liked walking a tighter line barefoot, but as I've gotten better I like a slightly loose line and I walk in skate shoes.
Remember, you're gonna fall, A LOT! So don't get discouraged. It takes time, but once you get it you'll be hooked.

You should check this page out for set-ups :
http://dod.xmission.com/slackline/slackline.html
It has a really easy setup with good illustrations and stuff. Or, you could tie one end to a tree, the other to the bumper of your car and pull it tight... I don't recommend that though.

Hope this helps! Have fun!

tawl

Oct 25, 2003, 4:17 AM
Post #3 of 5 (3500 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i always thought tighter was better and would try and get my line really tight. But i tried the line behind Miguels tonight and it was ridiculously tight (and ridiculously hard) the line was about 30 feet and maybe bowed 1 foot in the middle, at the most. Took me many tries to finally get across a gap i would normally have no problem with.

So, i learned that i don't necessarily want the line as tight as possible. But, I guess some people like it that way though cause it wouldn't be like that if they didn't.

I don't even know how they got it that tight with the same 3 carabiner setup i use.

wanlessrm

Nov 2, 2003, 2:41 AM
Post #4 of 5 (3500 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Asana make a great slackline kit they are selling through Mountain Gear. Very easy to adjust the tension in the line.

Partner slacklinejoe

Nov 5, 2003, 9:47 PM
Post #5 of 5 (3500 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It definately comes down to preference. However most find that the more slack, the harder it is. That also goes along for length of line.

For a decent challege line you can put it head high up on both ends and have enough slack that you are barely off the ground in the lowest point. You also get to work at going up hill that way, which can require a bit of effort to get down.

Tight lines are ok for a while, but after a bit it gets boring since there isn't as much finesse (or at least it seems that way to me)

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook