RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

cgranite

Nov 16, 2003, 7:05 AM
Post #1 of 4 (1261 views)
Shortcut

Yosemites Hard classic sport routes
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Before anyone jumps on me for mentioning sport climbing yosemite, I first want to explain. I go to yosemite allll the time, I live in fresno. I want to do some hard face climbing on Yosemites killer granite.

I need help finding the best sport routes in the valley. Nothing that is R/X, but up to 12a would be great. slab or face, I don't care. I just want to know about two areas with a large amount of classic Sport routes. I know about a few routes that I've seen, but I need to know the details.

thanks

kalcario

Nov 16, 2003, 2:32 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1261 views)
Shortcut

Re: Yosemites Hard classic sport routes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

*I just want to know about two areas with a large amount of classic Sport routes. I know about a few routes that I've seen, but I need to know the details. *

You're outta luck there, chief. There's a couple decent ones scattered here and there but no concentrations. Killer Piller, Knobby Wall, Coup de Etat...Final Cut is pretty classic...we did one left of Bridalveil Falls but I can't remember the name...Chapel Wall but it's a little chilly that side of the Valley this time of year...

boltdude

Nov 16, 2003, 4:35 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This time of year? Like kalcario said, not much in the way of concentrated. Check out the new Supertopo guide for Dan & Jerry's Playground and the Endless Summer wall, both on Shultz's Ridge, that's probably the most concentrated, mostly 5.10 & 5.11. A few good sport routes at the Cookie, some more at Pat & Jack's, then a scattering on all the sunny cliffs from there through El Cap.

Of course, many of the sport routes require a bit of trad pro here & there...

dsafanda

Nov 16, 2003, 4:53 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There was an article in one of the rags a couple of years ago about a bunch of new routes in the Ribbon Falls area I think it was. If I remember correctly they were primarily sport routes in the 5.11-5.12 range.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook