RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

tammarak

Nov 30, 2003, 1:29 AM
Post #1 of 4 (1420 views)
Shortcut

Climbing in Xela
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey everyone. I am wondering if any of you Guatamala climbers would be interested in meeting in Xela next week or week-end. My friend and I are currently in Antigua and have heard great things about the climbing in Xela. We are headed out tomorrow and would like to maybe purchase some trad gear if available anywhere??? Anyway cant wait to get up into the mountains. Hope you can make it out. Peace

dkennedy

Nov 30, 2003, 2:51 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1420 views)
Shortcut

Re: Climbing in Xela [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The best day to find climbers at Xela would be Sunday, but you may catch some people there on Saturdays. Though many of the local guys work on Saturday. The place is not that big so finding the routes is not too difficult. I can give you more beta on the place if you need it. It is currently the best developed climbing in the country and worth checking out. The religous scene there makes the place worth visiting even if you don't climb.

Have fun.
Dave

hroldan

Nov 30, 2003, 4:08 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1420 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi there, I'm always looking for time to climb, maybe on the half of december we can climb over there with some local friends.

As for trad gear, get in contact with Giancarlo Gazzola at http://www.bigmountainonline.com, they have a store in Guatemala city, on La Pradera, at the end of boulevard los proceres... and he might get the gear you need, sport or trad.

Also check on the other regional discussion on Guatemala for Emanuel (Piocha), he has posted some info and is a friend climber from Antigua Guatemala, he climbs sport and trad and gives some courses too, he might help you getting gear. heres the link: http://www.rockclimbing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44527

Great to see you online Dave, greetings from Guatemala

shongum

Mar 6, 2004, 9:59 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1420 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi,
Are you still in Xela? I am looking to do some climbing before I leave April 7th. Any suggestions on guides around here? I also need to rent all equipment.
Thanks alot.
Pam

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook