Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Climbing in Honduras
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

vertical_reality

Dec 22, 2003, 7:31 PM
Post #1 of 2 (2913 views)
Shortcut

Climbing in Honduras  (North_America: United_States: Colorado: Southern_Colorado: Shelf_Road: The_Gallery_-_Menses_Prow)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'll be heading to Honduras in February for a month and I'm looking for someone to climb with while I'm there.

I'll be staying near Puerto Cortes and San Pedro.

Also, if you know of any crags around that area, please let me know.

Any takers?

tammarak

Dec 23, 2003, 3:45 PM
Post #2 of 2 (2913 views)
Shortcut

Re: Climbing in Honduras [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I just returned from a climbing trip in Central America - so I won't be there when you are. However I couldn't resist posting a reply since you don't see Honduras or any of Central America often on this forum. I thought I could tell you a little about the climbs I did do in Honduras. The first place we went to was Coralitos about a 1000ft. above Tegucigalpa. It's wild here and doesn't recieve many climbing visitors. There are many routes especially trad that have yet to be developed - however a really nice 5.10 sport route is up and was my friends first lead. If getting into the back country is a problem there is always the routes near the zoo - these are fun and have a great view but the garbage is disgusting. Honduras isn't well developed but there is a tone of potential. Your best bet might be to find the climbing gym in Tegu and ask there - apparently they take out week-end trips. Also if you get the chance to go to Guatamala - Xela is a climbers paradise - definitely the most developed site in the area and breath takingly beautiful. If you have any other questions or concerns feel free to email me: jordonrolph@hotmail.com

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook