RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

veganclimbr

Dec 29, 2003, 3:31 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1130 views)
Shortcut

Decisions decisions
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I know this question has been done to death but I'm still quite unsure about what i should do. I would like to build a slackline of my own but have no trees in the surrounding area. theirfore i would need one i can take to the park, a friends house, or whatever that is easy to set up and take down. I'm not opposed to buying one but if theirs a way thats just as good to make my own I'm all for it. It just needs to be easy to set up and take down. Sorry again for the repetition :(

therealbovine

Dec 29, 2003, 6:26 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1130 views)
Shortcut

Re: Decisions decisions [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Of course you can build one yourself that's easy to build and tear down. The hard part about building your own, is KNOTS. Once weighted, knots are always a pain to untie. If you want a versitile system, knots become a real bear. There are many companies making slackline rigs. The only complete rigs available without the use of knots are from either ethosclimbing.com, Asana or slacklinejoe.

The most versitile system I have seen and used is the deluxe from ethos. The length adjusts via a buckle (much like that of a climbing harness). The tree slings work the same, with a buckle, so you just wrap the tree, pole, or whatever the same way you'd put a belt on yourself. The ethos line also comes with an effective, yet simple tensioning system. The line can be set-up from 50' down to as short as 8'. Longer lines can be custom ordered.

Slackline Joe has some rigs, but check those out yourself. I have no opinion on his lines at this time.

Asanas rig seems un-safe, so I would not recommend it (you would'nt use hardware store biners for climbing, would you?).

You'll spend around $35 bucks give or take to buy your own goods and build your own. The ethos deluxe rig is $75, but you can get other variations of the deluxe for as little as $38. They also have a "recycle" program that allows your "worn out" line to be refurbished for a minimal fee. Its your call. I feel the convenience of pre made rigs out weighs the extra bucks. Your call!

ethos is offering a 10% discount to RC.comers on all orders currently...no time like the present!

Best of luck!

therealbovine

Dec 29, 2003, 6:30 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1130 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There are many ways to get a slackline rig up in your tree-less area. so don't fret!

p.m. me and I can fill you in on a few variations!

Partner slacklinejoe

Dec 29, 2003, 6:40 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1130 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If you can fix your lack of trees problem first then you won't have any problems making your own or buying whatever type you'd like.

Check the threads on slacklining without trees and figure out a good solution for you. A couple ground anchors and two A-frames will go a long way toward making it so you can pick whatever you'd like.

Pre-made kits are good, but so is knowing you made your own. I'd rate most pre-made kits as usually quicker to setup and such though. Just pick whatever fits what you want to do and go with it; if your slackin' you'll be happy.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook