RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Indoor Gyms

Premier Sponsor:

Partner cracklover

Jan 23, 2004, 7:21 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1151 views)
Shortcut

Buying gear for the Gym
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi folks,

I work for a non-profit organization that runs a gym that includes a little rock wall. I'm basically in charge of the climbing that happens there. We need to replace some of the equipment (mostly rope), and I'm new to this process. Does anyone know if we should be able to get a pro deal from manufacturers because we're a gym? Are there manufacturers that might want to donate gear to a non-profit in exchange for say, a little sign that said "ropes donated by Mammut" or something?

Anybody have experience with this? I'd rather not have to go retail if there's a better way.

Thanks!

GO

mustclimb69

Jan 23, 2004, 7:32 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1151 views)
Shortcut

Re: Buying gear for the Gym [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Pro deals are highly likely...depending on how you go about it. Contact all major manufacturers direct and you will get a price break explain that your a non profit and you might be in for a better deal. If you becam an exclusive gym (stocking all rental gear from affilate companies) you would have a better chance on an overall price break.
What kind of rope did you need (dynamic, static) is there any clauses in your insurance?
There is a rope offered by BlueWater called Gym line specifically fro gyms. TRing without bottom anchors I have seen Static used at certain gyms and typically it lasts longer and is more abrasion resistant.
There are also some great retail deals from Eldelweis and SuperCrag (dont know who makes SuperCrag but it is offered at MEC.ca for $100 CDN. depending on the height of your walls.
Hope some of this helped

redpoint73

Jan 23, 2004, 7:39 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1151 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Tell them you are a non-profit, and you will probably get a MUCH better deal than pro deal. I used to work at a YMCA with a climbing wall. We asked a few companies for discounts on holds. Pusher sent us 10 boxes of "last years" holds for FREE.

r
Deleted

Mar 1, 2004, 3:18 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1151 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey everyone, I am also in need of some gear for a non-profit org (YMCA). Please let me know if anyone has any leads or connections. I need to buy 5 20meter ropes as well as top rope anchor hardware and at least 4 harnesses. I'm not asking for donations (but we would glady accept any) we just need to find the absolute best prices. PLEASE HELP, WE HAVE A VERY LIMITED BUDGET.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Indoor Gyms

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook