Shortcut

WTF is wrong with people!!!
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Body of Missing Girl Found; Man Arrested

52 minutes ago Listen to Audio

By MITCH STACY, Associated Press Writer

SARASOTA, Fla. - The body of an 11-year-old girl whose abduction was captured by a surveillance camera was found in a church parking lot, and a mechanic has been charged with her murder, officials said Friday.
http://www.comcast.net/...6d-e84a061dfd4e.html

...this one has got to me. I don't know why, maybe because the girl reminds me of my daughter, but DAMMIT!!! I am wound up on this one. I can't fathom the sick depraved minds that are out on the prowl. There is no punishment that fits this crime. The video tape of the abduction is chilling. I can't imagine the parents grief. Man, I'm pissed.....

...thanks for letting me vent

Bob

cerikpete

Feb 6, 2004, 2:35 PM
Post #2 of 16 (399 views)
Shortcut

Re: WTF is wrong with people!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm with ya Bob :evil: :cry:

climbinganne

Feb 6, 2004, 2:36 PM
Post #3 of 16 (399 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

*chills*

god MR

ima moving to the mtns

overlord

Feb 6, 2004, 2:37 PM
Post #4 of 16 (399 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

NP.

as for your question.... i really dont know. there are individuals who really dont deserve to live.

zozo

Feb 6, 2004, 2:39 PM
Post #5 of 16 (399 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The older I get the more these types of stories get to me. I know my stomach dropped this morning when I read the headline, I can only imagine what it must have been like for the parents.

bumblie

Feb 6, 2004, 2:54 PM
Post #6 of 16 (399 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
According to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, a private non-profit with Congressional mandate established in 1984, about 797,000 children were reported missing in 1999, the last time the agency conducted a study. Of those, about 58,000 children were taken by non-family members, though that number includes abductions by friends and acquaintances as well as strangers, including 115 taken by complete strangers, transported 50 miles or more, held overnight and threatened.

mazzystr

Feb 6, 2004, 2:56 PM
Post #7 of 16 (399 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Its definately time to abandon country...

Anyone up for New Zealand?

Partner macherry

Feb 6, 2004, 3:03 PM
Post #8 of 16 (399 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I had been following this story as well. Bob, i have a 12 yr. old daughter and the story rang close to my heart.

Saw the video, i was really hoping it would not end in murder.

What a horrible horrible thing. First news story i read this am.

very very sad/angry!

dookie

Feb 6, 2004, 3:11 PM
Post #9 of 16 (399 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sick and sad. I was hoping that video would be enough to get the guy before anything happened and there could be a happy ending. Ugh. disgust. utter disgust with human beings who could do something like this. BTW, as a side note, if anyone has read The Lovely Bones - this kind of reminded me of that in a weird way. I'm just glad they've got the guy at least. I'd feel worse if he was still out there somewhere.

Partner macherry

Feb 6, 2004, 3:16 PM
Post #10 of 16 (399 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Not to ressurect old battles/threads, but it sure puts into perspective how much time the media spent on janet jackson's boob. Not so important now.......

arrettinator

Feb 6, 2004, 3:16 PM
Post #11 of 16 (399 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Unfortunatly, there are many more out there just like him.

climberterp

Feb 6, 2004, 11:12 PM
Post #12 of 16 (399 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

unbelievable.

and yes, I read The Lovely Bones, what a great book. and yet, it made me lose a little more of my faith in humanity, just like this poor girl's story. I think I have about a teaspoon left. :(

andy_lemon

Feb 6, 2004, 11:19 PM
Post #13 of 16 (399 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

[FONT=Courier]I think the fact that they would actually show the video is pretty sick.[/FONT]

thrillseeker05

Feb 7, 2004, 12:21 AM
Post #14 of 16 (399 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Today on my lunch I was walking through the city in search of a place to eat.. when I noticed this freak of a lady across the street talking super loud to herself. I’ve seen this before but for some reason today I began to wonder. Doesn’t it seem like there are more “disturbed” people in the world these days?

With the advancements of psychology and other sciences one would think that we would be making gains. Instead it seems we are making more monsters then we can keep up with.

I also had been following that story about the girl in Florida, as well as the Elizabeth Smart, and the many others that made huge media this past year.

The only thing I can think of, is that we as a civilized world have a really difficult time holding anyone accountable for their actions. And thus, it is my opinion that since people don’t fear consequences they abandon law and order and accept chaos. We have Kobe Bryant, Scott Peterson and many other high profile cases. These guys will walk. It sends a message to other people at wits end that they too can get away with whatever they want as long as they make it a huge media feeding frenzy.

Just my thoughts

Partner coldclimb

Feb 7, 2004, 12:27 AM
Post #15 of 16 (399 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I'm with ya Bob :evil: :cry:

Me too. :cry:

vanhooligan

Feb 7, 2004, 1:03 AM
Post #16 of 16 (399 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

When I was pregnant with my daughter I had to stop watching the news because I would get so upset. There were two babies found in the trash withen a couple of months in the area I live. It shook me to the core and I held my daughter and cried. I also have a 12 year old sister so this story got to me too. People thought my mom was strict because I had boundries at the end of my street when I played outside as a kid but that's how it's going to be with my girl. Unfortunately we can't do anything about other peoples children but we can do our best to keep our own kids safe. :!:

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook