RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

dynoguy

Feb 26, 2004, 6:06 AM
Post #1 of 12 (2392 views)
Shortcut

Videos
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

RC.com is a great place to post pics of your latest send, but wouldn't it be cool to if we could post videos of ourselves and our friends in action. I don't know too much about computers and such so maybe this would be too difficult/costly to do. But if it isn't it would be a great addition to a wonderful site.
Post up if you want a video section on rc.com

grabngrip

Feb 26, 2004, 6:12 AM
Post #2 of 12 (2392 views)
Shortcut

Re: Videos [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i think that would be awesome, however that might get a little difficult to manage and store, cus know alot of people would put it there videos

vertical-rockrat
Deleted

Feb 26, 2004, 7:20 AM
Post #3 of 12 (2392 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There are two simple steps to this. First make a section here on RC for posting links. IE maybe add a Video Links page. Second you find the place to host your own video. If RC does that maybe make a section for names, place and aprox size of the file for us to see.

That is one idea anyways to make more additions to the site without straning their server.

nagatana

Feb 26, 2004, 7:25 AM
Post #4 of 12 (2392 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

^That'd pretty much be the way.

The fact that we have a on-site photo gallery on top of a moderate-to-highly trafficked forum is already impressive. To host videos would be otherworldly.

oceannas

Feb 26, 2004, 11:33 AM
Post #5 of 12 (2392 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

awesome idea !!!!!!! I love it!

wildduck

Feb 26, 2004, 1:04 PM
Post #6 of 12 (2392 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah... that would be a superb idea. I totally agree to that

climb_it_again

Feb 26, 2004, 3:31 PM
Post #7 of 12 (2392 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i know that you can submit video clips to www.orbeclimbing.com and they'll post the good ones. they have trailers there too. hey by the way has anyone seen then new movie colorado daydream? i heard it's cool.

Partner coldclimb

Feb 27, 2004, 1:37 AM
Post #8 of 12 (2392 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The disk space needed would be HUGE!!! :shock: :shock:

tc

Feb 27, 2004, 2:10 AM
Post #9 of 12 (2392 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I work with some Video Streaming software and it does heavily compress and auto down grade the video and do a really good job, but disk requirements are large (.5 terrabytes SAN) and that is just internal usage.

It would be cool but very expensive.

vertical-rockrat
Deleted

Feb 27, 2004, 7:37 AM
Post #10 of 12 (2392 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey someone made a statement that could be implimented. But first lets just say how bout a poll for a page for links to rock climbing videos stored on the net somewhere, have space for who, place, and maybe routes climbed. Then add one optional spot, P2P program you use and user name to search for.

Yah that was the idea that made sence, most of us have acesse to or do use a P2P program so why not use them to hand out our videos. Thus if i had a video i could say this.

VR has video of yosamite, route blah blah, i use Kazza (which i dont), user name is VR2. For Download message me to set up time file is 20mb.

Thus info needed.
Name: - Place: - Route (optional): - Link or P2P client: and P2P name (if using P2P): - Votes: Good, bad (maybe make this like photos you have to have one to hand out to vote, thus promoting more to do it, and also protecting non video guys from crushing a good video)

Or if they have it stored on the net then a link to it. So you have two fields one for download, one for P2P and one or the other must be filled out. I would recomend those wanting to do the P2P part to have a clip stored on the net somewhere and link to it so people don't waste their time on downloading it. Also make a rank system like votes Good, votes Bad. This will allow us to see how many voted for it thus pushing me to want to see it.

Who knows maybe we can find some good video makers out there and ask them to put together a full disk to sell us for 6 or 7 bucks.

trevor
Anonymous Poster

Feb 27, 2004, 7:46 AM
Post #11 of 12 (2392 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

We would do this under one condition, we have videos donated for free that people would be willing to pay to view. You would be able to see a 10 second trailer for free, but after that you pay.

I am not interested in making money of this at all, but I'm not going to do it at the cost of the rest of the site.

If the demand is there to pay to download the vids, then we'll create the area.

Trevor

warloc

Feb 27, 2004, 8:06 AM
Post #12 of 12 (2392 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I wouldn't pay for home-made videos. (It's just my opinion)
I had a similar idea to one somebody has explained here before. I have a list in my homepage to other web-pages, and I specify wich video you'll find there. I do it only with proffesional climbers in extreme routes or boulders.
That's a good idea what it has been said here, to do it with all kind of videos.
But I don't think it would be a section by itself, but a special forum or something like that, where people can put their links to their vids, and then get feedback.
Have fun :wink:

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook