RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

gyngve

Feb 29, 2004, 12:38 AM
Post #1 of 4 (1180 views)
Shortcut

Norway April/May
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I may find myself in Oslo, Norway in Apri and May. What are some good resources for finding partners, climbing/skiing objectives, topo maps, etc.?

I'd like to have some ideas figured out before I go so I know what gear to pack...

Also, what places can be reached purely by train/bus? Something like a solo week-long ski tour (maybe with some summit scrambles) would interest me too.

Thanks,
Gary

paulie

Mar 12, 2004, 12:26 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1180 views)
Shortcut

Re: Norway April/May [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I just returned from Rjukan. It is all water-ice there atm. If you're going there before the end of March, take only your water-ice gear, and at least 10 screws.

Everywhere is accessible by bus and train! Their public transport links are second to none, everyone speaks english and they're all very friendly. You'll spend a lot of money though so be prepared for that aspect of it. We budgeted on about £60- per day (~US$100). Alcohol and other luxury items are super expensive.

Try a bit of internet searching with regard to scrambles etc, there is stacks of stuff to do everywhere and their policy of open access makes it easy to just take off somewhere and go for a hike. Bear in mind that it is a surprisingly big country and will take you (for eg.) 10 hours by bus to get from Oslo to Bergen!

Have fun, it's a beautiful country with friendy people and an extremely high standard of living.

letty

Apr 15, 2004, 8:12 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1180 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

About the trains. go to www.nsb.no and you'll find schedules for the train s and dates, rates, departures etc. Go to

http://www.rockclimbing.com/routes/listState.php?CountryStateID=123

ask some of the guys to help you out, Ill be from April 24 til April 30th. in Kongsberg then from May 1st to May 5th in Oslo. you can write me if you want to meet up somewhere at: lettynu@hotmail.com

letty

Apr 15, 2004, 8:36 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1180 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey here are some indoor gyms in Oslo

http://www.gekkoklatring.no/Klatresenter.asp

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook