RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

photonicgirl

Mar 10, 2004, 1:24 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1463 views)
Shortcut

Wichitas in May and October
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hello ya'll Okies. I'm a transplant to Upstate NY and visit my mom in Lawton twice per year. I grew up in the Wichitas and my first climb there was Crazy Alice at the Zoo Wall.

Would LOVE to hook up with some climbers late in May. Contact me if you are interested, and we can decide who brings what gear. I've got doubles ropes, a full trad rack and multiple harnesses and shoes.

Take a look at the site on my profile: This is my daughter climbing in the Gunks.

Cheers!

Jules

westbygod

Mar 23, 2004, 12:10 AM
Post #2 of 6 (1463 views)
Shortcut

Re: Wichitas in May and October [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey email me if you are interested. im new the the mountains but have all the gear needed (trad or sport some aid even) I'm in lawton 24/7 e-mail is jpatton67@sbcglobal.net

photonicgirl

Mar 23, 2004, 12:32 AM
Post #3 of 6 (1463 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Man, that's awesome! A Lawton climber...

I'm there twice a year, will be there end of May.

Another climber is joining me for one of those days but you can always come with us, the more the merrier. We could setup a few ropes on the Zoo Wall in the Narrows and have a great time.

I'll take my laptop so have email access. Local Lawton number is: 580-248-5824 when I'm there.

Jules

mike_ok

Mar 23, 2004, 12:47 AM
Post #4 of 6 (1463 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll be spending alot of time there during May unless its opressively hot (and it could be).

If you still have open days we can link up. I have a weekend partner but I'll be off during this period and would love a weekday partner.

bsignorelli

Mar 23, 2004, 12:47 AM
Post #5 of 6 (1463 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I and a couple of friends will most probably be there for memorial day weekend. If that falls in line with your schedule let me know...

Bryan

photonicgirl

Mar 23, 2004, 1:44 PM
Post #6 of 6 (1463 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey ya'll. We are still backcountry tele skiing in Upstate NY/VT/New England...almost a foot of powder to play in at Petersburg Pass. It's ten degrees outside this morning at my house, we have the woodstove roaring.

Thinking of oppressively hot May in OK reminds me of mosquitos ticks and rattlesnakes...damn, guess I'll go swim with the snakes in the Narrows like back in the old days when I spent 3-4 days a week rock climbing the Wichitas with two rangers who lived out there in the stone cabins.

I'll see all of you it sounds like when we swarm into the Wichitas...mid-week sounds good to me, so does weekends. Let's not worry about partners, the more topropes we throw up (Dr. Coolhead at last glance is still an X rating for gear) and the more 5.6 to 5.8 we lead (Frogs Head and Crazy Alice) the more fun we'll have.

There's room for a small party at the Zoo Wall ledge. I say we should just take over. I am hoping this means I can bring harnesses and shoes and that's it on the plane, right? Cos you all have ropes and racks...I do too but it's heavy stuff to haul on cheap flights that stop over in Dallas (yech!). That airport is a challenge.

I'll be waiting....doing some climbing biking kayaking here in preparation. Today I think a bit of skiiing after work is called for.

Those of you who want to see snow, yaks, and climbs, look at: http://www.msnusers.com/OutdoorandIndoorPhotographyfortheHead/shoebox.msnw

Jules

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook