RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

dt

Apr 5, 2004, 8:00 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1669 views)
Shortcut

Fontainebleau and Rain
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Since Font is sandstone (like Castle Rock), does this mean the rock needs 2 days to dry out before it's climbable? I'm going to be in Paris mid-April and the forecast right now is rain every day, or something...

gritstoner

Apr 5, 2004, 8:25 AM
Post #2 of 3 (1669 views)
Shortcut

Re: Fontainebleau and Rain [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

some parts of font need a few days to dry out. but places like appramont can be dry within a few hours of the rain stopping. so i shouldnt worry too much about the rain. besides the forcasters carnt get the weather right for today, never mind a few weeks time.

ericlaudie

Apr 17, 2004, 2:55 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1669 views)
Shortcut

Re: Fontainebleau and Rain [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

No worries! Climbers there climb all year round and between the drops... javascript:emoticon(':wink:')
The stone dries out relatively fast and you'll sure find faces that dry faster than others. Boulders in open areas dry of course better than under the trees: climb under the trees when the rain starts, go to the nearest coffee if it goes on (lovely villages, good sandwiches and espressos!), and target the rocks in the open sand when it stops raining.

The important piece of gear you must have, whether it rains or shine, is a piece of carpet: all is sand around the rocks!javascript:emoticon(':!:')

Don't bring white powder as it sticks on the rock and doesn't really help -and the locals would scold you! Buy some "poff" instead -that's resin-

Wish you a great time there, it's a unique place and you can spend a life to know all the places, boulders and routes.

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook