Premier Sponsor:

chupa

Apr 25, 2004, 3:42 PM
Post #1 of 17 (443 views)
Shortcut

climbers are idiots
Report this Post
Can't Post

I was at the grocery store and happened to stand in line behind a climber (obviously road-tripping from the look and horrid smell). He was wearing 5-tennies and a 5.10 t-shirt, gramicci pants, ratty hair, the usual. I didn't bother to say "hi" or ask about his climbing day because he didn't look like the most pleasant person on the planet. He obviously didn't notice me as I do not look like a "typical" climber. I bathe on a daily basis, keep my hair neat and trimmed, smell good, hold down a steady job and wear nice clothing (all that and still manage to get up hard 5.12 trad, A4 and 5.13b/c sport). Yes, I'm a "slave to fashion" but I hate how climbing clothes look. They're hideous and look stupid. Call me what you want.

To get back to my point, I saw this guy outside (after paying for my items) and saw him STEALING the honeydew placed in the giant bins outside! He didn't pay for them, he and his friend were running over and STEALING them! These weren't kids I'm talking about either. These guys were in their thirties, maybe mid thirties. What losers. I had half a mind to turn them in but I didn't. It made me embarassed to be associatewith them in any sort of way. If I could do anythig different I would have asked the guys what they were doing (climbing, etc.) where they were staying and I would have let the store manager know where they can get their honeydew from.

autumn

Apr 25, 2004, 3:48 PM
Post #2 of 17 (443 views)
Shortcut

Re: climbers are idiots [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've seem even people who dress more trendy, or classy stealing stuff to... I dress like a climber if you want to call it that, I dont shower everyday... but I dont steal stuff. and I know plenty of climbers who can hold a steady job. It doesn't seem fair to catagorise all climbers because of one or two you may have seen...

andy_reagan

Apr 25, 2004, 3:51 PM
Post #3 of 17 (443 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

you're thinking too hard about this. Just laugh and be on your merry way.

josephine

Apr 25, 2004, 3:55 PM
Post #4 of 17 (443 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't understand how from all that,you got to the conclusion to call climbers idiots :?

what that situation has to do with climbers?! :?
It's irrelevant!

chupa

Apr 25, 2004, 4:05 PM
Post #5 of 17 (443 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I posted that climbers are idiots to get a response. Obviously I couldn't be serious about the comment unless I call myself an idiot too. Actually I am somewhat an idiot. If you ask certain people they will think I'm a complete idiot. In fact there is someone out there (be it an ex-lover, parents, God) that think you or anyone else is reading this is a complete idiot. These guys I was referring to are scum. Nothing to do with climbers, they just happen to be climbers. I'm going to go hang out with all my idiot friends and my idiot dog. See you all later.

josephine

Apr 25, 2004, 4:17 PM
Post #6 of 17 (443 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I posted that climbers are idiots to get a response. Obviously I couldn't be serious about the comment unless I call myself an idiot too. Actually I am somewhat an idiot. If you ask certain people they will think I'm a complete idiot. In fact there is someone out there (be it an ex-lover, parents, God) that think you or anyone else is reading this is a complete idiot. These guys I was referring to are scum. Nothing to do with climbers, they just happen to be climbers. I'm going to go hang out with all my idiot friends and my idiot dog. See you all later.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/1002.gif
Yep nice bait!

You surely like the word "idiot" too much :lol:

beaner_says_hi

Apr 25, 2004, 5:12 PM
Post #7 of 17 (443 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Jo, your signature smiley is awesome. :lol:

granitegod

Apr 25, 2004, 5:34 PM
Post #8 of 17 (443 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Chupa, you're the idiot. And noone cares what grade you can climb....

I'd rather hang with the melon-thieves than you, any day. -

granitegod

Apr 25, 2004, 5:35 PM
Post #9 of 17 (443 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

And furthermore, if you didn't speak to them, how do you know they are climbers, on a roadtrip....etc....maybe they were homeless, and really hungry for a juicy melon.....

mmm....melon

beaner_says_hi

Apr 25, 2004, 5:52 PM
Post #10 of 17 (443 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

(I think it's a troll, since it's a post in Community calling the entire Community idiots. And not only that, does anyone really, honestly try to present their case through self-agrandizement? Of course people would not perceive this boasting as being any worse than what he is "condemning." It's a joke.)

chupa

Apr 25, 2004, 7:12 PM
Post #11 of 17 (443 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Beaner,
I must admit, you are a lot smarter than your name implies. Of course it's a joke, almost none of it is true, except for the fact I was at the store last yesterday.

josephine

Apr 25, 2004, 7:26 PM
Post #12 of 17 (443 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Beaner,
I must admit, you are a lot smarter than your name implies. Of course it's a joke, almost none of it is true, except for the fact I was at the store last yesterday.

So we should have laughed?
sorry my mistake
here * :lol: *

beaner_says_hi

Apr 25, 2004, 7:45 PM
Post #13 of 17 (443 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Beaner,

I chose the most slapstick name I could think of. Welcome to community. Are you knew here? :D

triptothesun

Apr 25, 2004, 7:47 PM
Post #14 of 17 (443 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

IDIOT

Partner macherry

Apr 25, 2004, 8:03 PM
Post #15 of 17 (443 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I bathe on a daily basis, keep my hair neat and trimmed, smell good, hold down a steady job and wear nice clothing (all that and still manage to get up hard 5.12 trad, A4 and 5.13b/c sport). Yes, I'm a "slave to fashion" but I hate how climbing clothes look. They're hideous and look stupid. Call me what you want.

I wouldn't have talked to you OR the dirtbag stealing the melons! Nice SPRAY!
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/sucks11.jpg

pinktricam

Apr 25, 2004, 10:07 PM
Post #16 of 17 (443 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Beaner,

I chose the most slapstick name I could think of. Welcome to community. Are you knew here? :D

Really??? And all this time I thought you were from south of the border, amiga.

beaner_says_hi

Apr 26, 2004, 3:25 AM
Post #17 of 17 (443 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

'Fraid not, E. Common misperception. But I think I know where it came from though. :lol:

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook