danooguy

Apr 26, 2004, 1:55 PM
Post #26 of 72 (1324 views)
Shortcut

Re: Why I hate PETA!!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
PETA is not a terrorist organization. I think you are confusing them with other groups, such as ELF (Earth Liberation Front).

So if I pay others to murder someone, then I am not a murderer. Exquisite thought process. Either you are not aware that there is documentation that PETA has directly funded arsonists, or you simply choose not to believe it. That documentation represents only that which has been uncovered. One can only imagine what they've done that has not been revealed.

Your comments and the remainder of what you've cut and pasted is typical of the poetic leaps of reasoning required to excuse the lunacy that is PETA.

danooguy

Apr 26, 2004, 1:59 PM
Post #27 of 72 (1324 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Who'r they? The more bookish version of Al Qaeda?

It is not "who'r," you nit-picking twit, but "Al Quada" is an accepted spelling.

Partner j_ung

Apr 26, 2004, 2:11 PM
Post #28 of 72 (1324 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Yep, and PETA censured the guy who said that stuff.

Oh, and if you want to indict on funding terrorist organizations, why don't complain about the US Govt?

coylec

And every one of us who drives a car. :wink:

It's a shame that PETA's "voice" is so abrasive. The message is good, but few people can look past the messenger. Communication is about building bridges. Many organizations with fundamentally good messages never learn this truth, PETA included.

Partner camhead

Apr 26, 2004, 2:19 PM
Post #29 of 72 (1324 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

[dubbya]they eat peta bread in the middle east, and also abhore the consumption of pork.

need any more proof that PETA has links to Al Qaida? These are people who hate freedom, who can't stand America, and who might have nucyaler weapon production related facilities.[/dubbya]

Partner j_ung

Apr 26, 2004, 2:20 PM
Post #30 of 72 (1324 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Can anyone tell me PETA's stand on spiders, cockroaches, mosquitoes and termites? Should we strive for a peaceful co-existence?

What about chiggers?

Ticks?

Each and every one of those "pests" occupies a place in the ecosystem, without which, some other more man-friendly organism would suffer. Even if it's only to be food for something else, each one plays an important role in the world.

Is um afwayd of spiders, bumbwee?

chupa

Apr 26, 2004, 2:23 PM
Post #31 of 72 (1324 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Exactly. Show me that PETA supporters actively welcome cockroach infestations into their homes and I'll at least give them a little more respect.

For all of you that were wondering what PETA does to not leave me alone here is my explanation. Last winter I bought a $500 leather jacket. Nothing wrong with that considering that the use of ALL parts of the animal for food and clothing has always been considered the right way to go. I decided to take a trip to Colorado that winter and I left my jacket on the back of a seat in a restaurant. I used the restroom then came back, finished eating then noticed someone wrote ANIMAL KILLER on my sleave in permanent marker. That's when I decided to do the ethical thing and I went out and bought another one.

PETA also pumps out hate propoganda about Beyonce. That's just over the line right there!!!!!!

Seriously, I think PETA and PETA supporters are a threat to animal AND human rights. My ex-girlfriend used to recieve hate mail in college for her lab work with animal testing. She had her life threatened on a regular basis. The funny thing is, her animal testing was on SICK animals trying to figure out a cure for them! She loved the animals she worked with and treated them great but she stil recieved letters about how her house would be burned down (she lived in an apartment complex) and that she should watch her back. This is absolutely ridiculous.

organic

Apr 26, 2004, 3:04 PM
Post #32 of 72 (1324 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
After reading that lengthy bit of propaganda, it's understandable how you reach such screwed up viewpoints.

Can anyone tell me PETA's stand on spiders, cockroaches, mosquitoes and termites? Should we strive for a peaceful co-existence?

What about chiggers?

Ticks?

interestingly enough though I am not a member of PETA or ever wish to be I do not kill insects, even mosquitos after they "bite" me. If I find some inside the house and they bother me I will carry them outside. How can you rank destruction of anything that has life? What is worth more? And yes I believe we should strive to peacefully coexist with all living things.

bluto

Apr 26, 2004, 3:13 PM
Post #33 of 72 (1324 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
After reading that lengthy bit of propaganda, it's understandable how you reach such screwed up viewpoints.

What about chiggers?

Ticks?

interestingly enough though I am not a member of PETA or ever wish to be I do not kill insects, even mosquitos after they "bite" me. If I find some inside the house and they bother me I will carry them outside. How can you rank destruction of anything that has life? What is worth more? And yes I believe we should strive to peacefully coexist with all living things.

You must be a weeping, sobbing, emotional wreck when you watch the bugs splatter on your windshield driving down the highway.

Partner justin

Apr 26, 2004, 3:19 PM
Post #34 of 72 (1324 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
She had her life threatened on a regular basis. The funny thing is, her animal testing was on SICK animals trying to figure out a cure for them! She loved the animals she worked with and treated them great but she stil recieved letters about how her house would be burned down (she lived in an apartment complex) and that she should watch her back. This is absolutely ridiculous.

That's on par with a British case where a paediatrician was confused with a paedophile- hounded right outa town.

Partner tradman

Apr 26, 2004, 3:21 PM
Post #35 of 72 (1324 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
You must be a weeping, sobbing, emotional wreck when you watch the bugs splatter on your windshield driving down the highway.

And what about eating a yoghurt? Spooning down all those harnless microbacteria!?!? Ameobae and unicellular organisms in water are alive too, who are you to say they don't have rights?

Partner coylec

Apr 26, 2004, 3:24 PM
Post #36 of 72 (1324 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

oh, and arson ... big deal. doesn't compare with killing 4k+ people, not even by a long shot.

i believe in monkeywrenching. i believe in ecotage.

elf/alf haven't killed anyone. in fact, they do their darnest to prevent "collateral damage" (read animals dying), something the US government ain't too good at. Conservatively, its about 8930. Top end estimates up to 10781. http://www.iraqbodycount.net/

coylec

Partner tgreene

Apr 26, 2004, 3:24 PM
Post #37 of 72 (1324 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

For every bite of TOFU, worms were disturbed, squished and/or chopped up during the planting, cultivating and harvesting of those damn soybeans! :evil:

FWIW: I have a huge bean field behind my house, and can hear them weeping in the night, at the loss of their fellow worms... :cry:

bumblie

Apr 26, 2004, 3:36 PM
Post #38 of 72 (1324 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
the Earth Liberation Front,..... together with their sister organization the Animal Liberation Front, have caused a total of $82,752,700 in property damage...... since 1996.

And this is okay?

I guess it doesn't matter, as long as it happens to someone else. :roll:

Partner coylec

Apr 26, 2004, 3:39 PM
Post #39 of 72 (1324 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
the Earth Liberation Front,..... together with their sister organization the Animal Liberation Front, have caused a total of $82,752,700 in property damage...... since 1996.

And this is okay?

I guess it doesn't matter, as long as it happens to someone else. :roll:

simple answer: yes.

the point is to cause economic hardship to companies that make their money raping the planet.

coylec

bluto

Apr 26, 2004, 3:40 PM
Post #40 of 72 (1324 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
oh, and arson ... big deal. doesn't compare with killing 4k+ people, not even by a long shot.

i believe in monkeywrenching. i believe in ecotage.

elf/alf haven't killed anyone. in fact, they do their darnest to prevent "collateral damage" (read animals dying), something the US government ain't too good at. Conservatively, its about 8930. Top end estimates up to 10781. http://www.iraqbodycount.net/

coylec

Sorry Dude, but you're the typical hypocritical, pseudo-environmental douchebag that owns a car, owns a computer, uses paper, etc. etc., yet lacks the common sense to realize that all of these things require raw materials to be produced. Do the environment a favor and stop posting your inane, ignorant thoughts on the internet, it's eating up precious electricity and copper that could be put to much better uses.

Partner coylec

Apr 26, 2004, 3:48 PM
Post #41 of 72 (1324 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

was there an argument there or just rambling ad homs? ...

there's this thing called substainable development. you should learn about it.

coylec

jono

Apr 26, 2004, 4:04 PM
Post #42 of 72 (1324 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

oh man i just remembered there was some mink ranch or something around here and PETA let thousands of them loose. the funny part is they were raised there so they all died within days of release cuz they cant live on their own and they got run over on the highway.

i think im going to go eat part of the deer i shot this year 8^)

bluto

Apr 26, 2004, 4:06 PM
Post #43 of 72 (1324 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

coylec

The point is quite simply you are a hypocrite, you talk the talk of the radical environmental movement, from eco-tage to monkeywrenching, yet you sit in your comfortable climate controlled, wood framed home or office typing away on your petrochemical and mineral based computer, which in turn feeds off coal or nuclear produced electricity.

danooguy

Apr 26, 2004, 4:07 PM
Post #44 of 72 (1324 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

organic:
In reply to:
How can you rank destruction of anything that has life? What is worth more?

Human life.

coylec, as is common with people of such a bent, you've been given enough rope and you've hanged yourself. To stand up and condone the burning of property in the name of your wacko cause as a way of affecting change, as long as no humans are killed in the process, does not leave much doubt that you would also support such action if humans were killed in the process. Ironically, if I am wrong, then you obviously assign a higher value to human life than you do the lives of animals that are destroyed by such actions.

bumblie

Apr 26, 2004, 4:09 PM
Post #45 of 72 (1324 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

coylec

Can we infer that you need to post on this site? Or are you just frivilously wasting natural resources?

Partner coylec

Apr 26, 2004, 4:12 PM
Post #46 of 72 (1324 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well, i was going to go drive to the mall, but instead I decided to play on RC.com. resource conservation at work, and RC.com helped.

you don't have to live naked in the woods to be an environmentalist.

coylec

bluto

Apr 26, 2004, 4:15 PM
Post #47 of 72 (1324 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
well, i was going to go drive to the mall, but instead I decided to play on RC.com. resource conservation at work, and RC.com helped.

you don't have to live naked in the woods to be an environmentalist.

coylec

You don't have to advocate reckless, criminal destruction of property and endangerment of lives to be an environmentalist either.

mcheshi

Apr 26, 2004, 4:29 PM
Post #48 of 72 (1324 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

o.

Partner tradman

Apr 26, 2004, 4:41 PM
Post #49 of 72 (1324 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
AND notice that peta doesn't help the nasty bugs and stuff, they haven't tried to ban the selling of raid or anything, as aforementioned maybe if they helped ALL animals people wouldn't mind they're existence so much.

Yeah, thanks mcheshi, that's precisely the point I was making.

Ultimately, because we have no way of measuring "life", we have to draw an arbitary line somewhere. The door swings both ways though - "carnivores" will usually say that eating some organisms but not others based on some arbitrary morality about how "alive" they are is stoopid, but on the other hand they do the same thing - very few carnivores would argue that eating human beings was okay, but what's the difference (in purely empirical terms) between eating a cow and a human?

cin

Apr 26, 2004, 5:24 PM
Post #50 of 72 (1324 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This is a great topic. Lots of good points have been brought up.
Coylec had a point but he hasn't thought it through enough.

There are terrible things being done today by big corporations and nations alike. Peolpe's rights and lives being taken from them all around the world. Whether it be by Coca Cola, France, or Halaberten.

We need to take care of this problem. Humans need to be preserved. Peace is real and can be acheived. Tyranny and the wickedness of men can be stopped.

This is a problem that can be solved and for PETA/ELF/ALF to spend so much time and resources defending animals that will survive w/ or w/o us is foolish at best. No matter how many nukes we launch,
Nature Finds a Way!

Carnivorism, animal testing, and disturbing the environment can't be stopped. I'm not saying that terrible things don't happen to animals by the hands of men. I'm just saying that even worse things happen to men at the hands of men. Aren't we more important?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook