RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

xkyczar

May 5, 2004, 4:04 PM
Post #1 of 1 (644 views)
Shortcut

Alltitude study subjects needed
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Posting this for a friend who is involved in the study. The chamber is in Denver. I might be able to answer very general questions. Call Andrew (number at bottom) for specifics.

The Colorado Center for Altitude Medicine and Physiology at the University of Colorado is recruiting subjects for a research study (COMIRB # 03-189), which will be studying the rise in the severity of Acute Altitude Illness, when induced by exercise.
This study will involve the following:

Screening visit

3 non-consecutive days in a chamber that simulates high altitude, each of these sessions is up to 12 hours

Bike exercising in the chamber

MRI scans

I.V. catheter placed in the arm

Several blood draws

Taking medication for altitude illness and non-invasive study procedures
3 days of pre-study diet before each chamber day (food provided)
Subjects will receive monetary compensation for participation in the experiment.

Subjects need to be healthy, not pregnant, NON-SMOKING, men and women ages 18 – 40 years of age. All fitness levels are welcome. Subjects who have a history of altitude illness are strongly encouraged to volunteer. Principal investigator for this study is Dr. Robert Roach. If you are interested in participating or would like more information about this study contact Andrew Subudhi, Ph.D. at 303-724-1630.

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook