RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

campo

May 18, 2004, 2:04 AM
Post #1 of 4 (1071 views)
Shortcut

Cleaning the grim
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am currently working the Black Boulder Problem (V5) in New Paltz. It is almost all slopers, and sees alot of traffic for this reason (The Gunks does not have all that many slopers after all). The boulder is a grimy mess, with tons of chalk, plastic, and grim all over it. Would it be bad of me, say on a Monday, to bring a bucket of hot water, and few nice bristle brushes, and some motivation and give the boulder a through washdown? Is castille soap out of the question? If so, is there a good soap to use, if any?
And yes...I think pampering the boulder might help me send it :lol:

vincent

May 18, 2004, 2:48 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1071 views)
Shortcut

Re: Cleaning the grim [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cleaning the grim: i thought this was a post about recovering dead bodies or something. i think u mean grime, and i say don't clean it anymore than one does with a toothbrush. the grime and slime that build up on a problem are all part of the problem just like the slopers and crimps. wouldn't you basically be making the problem easier by cleaning it and getting better grip? why don't you just chip some holds or throw some epoxy on the thing? leave the soap for the bathtub, let mother nature do the cleaning...

tradaddict

May 18, 2004, 2:55 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1071 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Do you always jump down the throat of people who are asking honest questions, hopeing for honest, respectful answers?
Oh, and why bother cleaning any of the crap we leave behind us at the crags, we're part of nature, therefore mother nature should naturally clean up after us right? No, I think not.

dynoguy

May 18, 2004, 3:40 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1071 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

was it really necesary to mention it is a V5?

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook