RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - West Coast

Premier Sponsor:

nowhowdoigetdown

May 24, 2004, 5:37 AM
Post #1 of 4 (1007 views)
Shortcut

WEST-COAST TOUR BC, WASHINGTON, OREGON, NEVADA, Calif
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Okay where to start????

Currently living in Japan, and have been climbing for just over a year, started here. Mostly doing indoors due to lack of weekends, partners, and an abundance of sh... weather; it's always too humid, or too wet. According to those who know better, japans roc, in relative terms, sucks.
Especially in my area, Osaka.

Need to get some more outdoor climbing in, and am craving it badly. Went home, to northern Ontario, last summer intent on climbing as much as possible. Only to realize that getting hitched, and giving the in-laws a tour of cheesy Niagara (in defense it isn’t all cheesy) and climbing everyday don't mix.

Will be heading out west this summer from july21st - August 21st, visiting my sister in Victoria. The only restrictions I have are that I need to be in Vegas from August 8th-augst13/14, for a friends wedding. Other than that I hope to try and climb as much as possible.

Between Vancouver and Vegas there is a hell of a lot of great climbing.

The reality is without connections, wheels, and being on a budget, I will end up just sticking to the west coast of Canada for the climbing. Not that that is really a bad thing.

But there is a grander Idea in the recesses of my mind.

Spend a few weeks touring from Vancouver down to Vegas and back again.

Just need willing partner(S) with wheels and a few weeks of free time to do a tour.

Either way for a west coast USA/CANADA tour or a summer of BC climbing I will be looking for and needing info and partners in the Vancouver area.

Sorry for the bible length auto biography.

Any takers

Bryan

PS

Need to hear back ASAP

crshbrn84

May 25, 2004, 8:44 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1007 views)
Shortcut

Re: WEST-COAST TOUR BC, WASHINGTON, OREGON, NEVADA, Calif [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

im California in the LA area, if you want to do any top roping or bouldering, at stoney point, (great sandstone crag) let me know, its my second home there. Well l wish you safe travels and sounds like a hell of a trip have fun.
-kyle

nowhowdoigetdown

May 27, 2004, 7:57 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1007 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Finally a reply.

I Will email you later ( I have to run just now)and we can talk about perhaps hooking up etc...

scantata

May 27, 2004, 8:47 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1007 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Heya Bryan - I agree, the rock in Japan is crappy. Definitely try to make your way down to California, it's full of amazing granite! Squamish is tops, too. Funny reading your post, last year July-Aug I did a west coast road trip myself - to Smith Rock, Squamish, Wyoming, City of Rocks (ID), Moab, Red Rocks (NV), and all over CA. Don't know if I can free myself for more than a few days at a time this summer, but if you're heading to CA and in need of a partner, feel free to drop me a line! Sandra

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - West Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook