First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

slablizard

Jul 8, 2004, 5:00 PM
Post #26 of 77 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Re: Poll: women with bruises [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I always met women with one big central bruise. quite similar.
A real mistery my friends.

And why I feel attracted to that bruise ?

another real mistery.

yezad

Jul 8, 2004, 5:03 PM
Post #27 of 77 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

women climbers=hot
bruises, cuts and scrapes=hot
bruises, cuts and scrapes on women as a result of climbing=uber-hot

word

mastheadmike

Jul 8, 2004, 5:11 PM
Post #28 of 77 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Definitely not turned off by bruises, combine it with a few other things, like showing up at my place with a gash on her hand, some chalk still caked around her fingers and a six pack of Guinness saying "I went to the crag without you and didn't really get a good workout..."

Thats like a climbers Penthouse Letter

saltamonte

Jul 8, 2004, 5:36 PM
Post #29 of 77 (3859 views)
Shortcut

bruises a symbol of a fun filled future. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The attractiveness of bruised legs does not come from the actual bruise but from the what they represent. When my wife gets scrapes or bruises mountianbiking or climbing or whatever sport we are enjoying together and she doesn't let that slow her down I am reminded what a lucky man I am to have a wife who I can play (climb, ride, hike etc...) with. When a women takes a bruise or cut and just keeps going it gives the man in her life the feeling that recreational companionship is something he can share with you for a long time to come since she didn't just quit the first time she got hurt AND THAT TURNS HIM ON The wound becomes a symbol of a lasting recreational companionship. As for single men they are turned on by the possiblity that that girl could fulfill their desire to play. Truth be told I think her legs look better after the bruises heal but none the less when they are there they are turn on because of what they represent.

interesting to consider. According to psycologist William Harvey in his book His Needs Her Needs recreational companionship is one of the greatest needs that men have of their spouse (or partner) by the way a very good book

Partner eyecannon

Jul 8, 2004, 5:44 PM
Post #30 of 77 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm not too fond of bruises, but I am quite fond of cuts, scratches and scars on a woman... shows that they aren't all dainty and overly ladylike.

abouttopeel

Jul 8, 2004, 5:45 PM
Post #31 of 77 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Very hot, means she goes all out and isn't a princess.

slablizard

Jul 8, 2004, 5:48 PM
Post #32 of 77 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Re: bruises a symbol of a fun filled future. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

interesting to consider. According to psycologist William Harvey in his book His Needs Her Needs recreational companionship is one of the greatest needs that men have of their spouse (or partner) by the way a very good book

Crucial.
One of the reasons I married my wife. She (could) climb 12d
Now explain me how is it possible that she does not care anymore ( about climbing, not me)

abouttopeel

Jul 8, 2004, 5:50 PM
Post #33 of 77 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That's easy slab, she used climbing to get a man and now she's done with it. It's a classic move used by both men and women.

Partner climbinginchico

Jul 8, 2004, 6:02 PM
Post #34 of 77 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Paolo, you know that. Kids. Nurturing instincts, etc take over. She doesn't want to risk herself and take away mommy from your kids. Or, she used climbing to collect her sexy Italian man... :wink: And now that he has you firmly tied down, well....

Partner holdplease2

Jul 8, 2004, 6:07 PM
Post #35 of 77 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hmm. Bruises.

It's not just about the bruises...its all reading the bruises.

Trad Leader: Small similar-sized bruises on upper theighs. (These are from cams bumping against theighs or smashing against them when she chimneys or whatever)

Offwidth Climber: Bruises on the outside of the knees and back of the upper arms. Scrapes high on forearms. (This is from jamming one knee in the crack and from "chicken winging" the arm)

Aid Climber: Millions of similar sized bruises on upper theighs, lower half of fingers tanned, fingernails separated from their beds around the edges. (This is from carrying a very large trad rack and extensive use of hands and exposure to aluminum oxide over long periods of time)

Hardcore Toproper/Bad at Approaches: Bruises all over front of knees, none on the back, theighs, or upper arms. (This may be from "using the knees" instead of the feet on climbs and approaches.)

Hard Sport Leader: No bruises - she leads 5.13 sport with overhangs so steep that she hits nothing when she falls, and climbs with such grace that she doesn't use anything but hands and feet on the rock.

Boulderer: Small, dime sized bruises on shoulders, hips, and butt (If you are so lucky...These are finger bruises from spotters)

So gentlemen, learning to read the bruise patterns of your climbing ladies can tell you alot more than whether or not she is willing to "go all out" to have a good time...it can help you know what exactly she considers to be a good time.

Enjoy,

-Kate.

stellanole

Jul 8, 2004, 6:30 PM
Post #36 of 77 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Re: bruises a symbol of a fun filled future. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

saltamonte

very well put! im interested in this book you mention. as a communication major, i am fascinated by how often and easily the language between men and women is misunderstood, when if we strived to learn the differences in our perspectives/needs/desires more fully we might find that we infact are seeking the same things.

my brother had recommended a book he once read with his wife that focused on this sort of thing...it had to do with the importance of shared activities, solo activities and their significance within a marriage/relationship.

sounds like you have a good pulse on things. what you say makes a lot of sense.

climbsomething

Jul 8, 2004, 7:28 PM
Post #37 of 77 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
Do guys find it hott when women have bruised legs (from climbing)? Or do they think it's gross?

HOT - HOT - HOT

the problem I have found is that 'other' men just don't get it!!

Then to hell with the other "Men". Some other things I personally find hot are....

1. Woman in approach shoes.
2. A jeep with 2 month old mud still on it
3. A backpack that is older than mine
4. Ponytails
5. Woman who hate to cook!

Keep looking, these guys are out there. Good luck!
Hey, that's me! What do I get for the big sweat stain on the lower back of my pack?

You can't have me though. Too bad so sad.

freudian

Jul 8, 2004, 7:36 PM
Post #38 of 77 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't think women who've been bruised from climbing are any more sexy than women who aren't bruised from climbing. You get bruised when you climb. It is unavoidable. Women generally have smooth shaved legs which tend to make bruises much more visible. I assume that is why there is no mention of guys being bruised. Us guys hide our bruises very well under a blanket of hair.

When my female climbing partner gets bruised up from climbing... she shows them off to me and I generally say they're badges of honor and that if you don't get cuts or bruises while climbing... you're nut pushing hard enough.

TTYL

zozo

Jul 8, 2004, 7:46 PM
Post #39 of 77 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

You can't have me though. Too bad so sad.

Sad for you - or sad for me? 8^)

epic_ed

Jul 8, 2004, 8:39 PM
Post #40 of 77 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Boy, have I got a doozie of a photo to post later for your bruise-fetish pleasure. K-Mac is gonna kill me...

slablizard

Jul 8, 2004, 8:44 PM
Post #41 of 77 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
That's easy slab, she used climbing to get a man and now she's done with it. It's a classic move used by both men and women.

In reply to:
Paolo, you know that. Kids. Nurturing instincts, etc take over. She doesn't want to risk herself and take away mommy from your kids. Or, she used climbing to collect her sexy Italian man... And now that he has you firmly tied down, well....

Darn. :evil:
I should have waited ti propose until she could climb AT LEAST a 13b.
I PROTEST!
I married a climbing partner, now she's just a...a...a woman and not even a tiny bruise.
But she's still way sexy :P

nirvana

Jul 8, 2004, 8:51 PM
Post #42 of 77 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
According to psycologist William Harvey in his book His Needs Her Needs recreational companionship is one of the greatest needs that men have of their spouse (or partner)

A quick look-up on Amazon reveals the 5 things men need and the 5 things women need. I am ambivalent about these lists--wonder what everyone else thinks.

What women need:
1 Affection
2 Conversation
3 Honesty and openness
4 Financial support
5 Family commitment

What men need:
1 Sex
2 Recreational companionship
3 A good-looking wife
4 Domestic support
5 Admiration

You'll note, there's nothing about bruises or scratches :wink:

gds

Jul 8, 2004, 8:59 PM
Post #43 of 77 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
According to psycologist William Harvey in his book His Needs Her Needs recreational companionship is one of the greatest needs that men have of their spouse (or partner)

A quick look-up on Amazon reveals the 5 things men need and the 5 things women need. I am ambivalent about these lists--wonder what everyone else thinks.

What women need:
1 Affection
2 Conversation
3 Honesty and openness
4 Financial support
5 Family commitment

What men need:
1 Sex
3 A good-looking wife
4 Domestic support
5 Admiration

You'll note, there's nothing about bruises or scratches :wink:

Are those lists from the 1950's? That sounds like my parents marriage a lot more than mine. And thank god for that!
Seriously, I think that as the role of women has changed over the past 40 years the lists have probably come to be much more similar for men and women.
And as to bruises being sexy- it's what the woman was doing to get bruised that can be sexy. I'd say bruises gained from hard work and achievement are sexy becasue they represent the hard work and achievement.. But I bet that wouldn't be the answer from the 1950's survey above.

sarcat

Jul 8, 2004, 9:05 PM
Post #44 of 77 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
And as to bruises being sexy- it's what the woman was doing to get bruised that can be sexy. I'd say bruises gained from hard work and achievement are sexy becasue they represent the hard work and achievement..

If this is found sexy to men of women (hard work and achievement) whats on the other side of the coin for the woman. gds you're right about the needs more similar now than in the past. My woman finds hard work and achievement sexy.

However. Similarities can keep men/women together the differences are what make life spicy!!

gds

Jul 8, 2004, 9:09 PM
Post #45 of 77 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
However. Similarities can keep men/women together the differences are what make live spicy!!

That's for sure!

Partner cracklover

Jul 8, 2004, 9:36 PM
Post #46 of 77 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Do guys find it hott when women have bruised legs (from climbing)? Or do they think it's gross?

Hot? Not to me, though it's not a turn-off either. Why would you want it to be hot? On the other hand, if your appearance is too perfect, I probably won't take you seriously as a climber. Like folks have said - most women who climb hard wind up with a bunch of bruises. Don't know why guys don't get 'em. Hey, vive les differences!

Instead, I get lots of scrapes on my legs, and occasionally I get a good scab on the back of my hands (from a nice nasty crack). I certainly wouldn't expect anyone to find them sexy, though.

Sexy is the tilt of your head, the way you smile, the fluid transfer of weight onto your high-stepping foot (men's hips just don't work like that), and the way your sweaty, dirty body brushes up against the hard rock.

GO

nirvana

Jul 8, 2004, 9:37 PM
Post #47 of 77 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I think that as the role of women has changed over the past 40 years the lists have probably come to be much more similar for men and women.

Good. 'Cause I want the men's list.

gds

Jul 8, 2004, 9:39 PM
Post #48 of 77 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
I think that as the role of women has changed over the past 40 years the lists have probably come to be much more similar for men and women.

Good. 'Cause I want the men's list.
The old one or the new one?

sarcat

Jul 8, 2004, 9:40 PM
Post #49 of 77 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Become a Metro-sexual and have it both ways.

nirvana

Jul 8, 2004, 9:41 PM
Post #50 of 77 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The new one!!

1 Sex
3 A good-looking husband
4 Domestic support