First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

dingus

Jul 29, 2004, 6:39 PM
Post #1 of 94 (4897 views)
Shortcut

This is what happens when you argue with censors
Report this Post
Can't Post

A unsolicited PM showed up and I have no qualms about posting it to the light of day:

In reply to:
In light of your comment on the rec.climbing thread:

Quote:
Now there's the old Aaron Rough SOB we know so well at rec.climbing;

I thought it would only be fair to at least give you the courtesy that you did not give me. In the future you will be addressed on all forums as:

Craig Harris

Just thought you would appreciate the heads up.

Thanks Aaron Rough, you sir are one class act that is tough to follow.

BABY.

DMT

dingus

Jul 29, 2004, 6:40 PM
Post #2 of 94 (4897 views)
Shortcut

Re: This is what happens when you argue with censors [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

A VERY unstable Wizard of Oz.

DMT

dingus

Jul 29, 2004, 6:41 PM
Post #3 of 94 (4897 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

By the way, with your magical editing powers are you also going to go back and edit all my posts?

DMT

roughster

Jul 29, 2004, 6:48 PM
Post #4 of 94 (4897 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

No probs Craig Harris. As I wrote, I at least afforded you the courtesy you did not give me.

From the [tos]

In reply to:
In general, it is in extremely poor taste to post the contents of email or private messages, but some people simply have no taste...

True, so true...

curt

Jul 29, 2004, 7:07 PM
Post #5 of 94 (4897 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I remember posting Lox's real name here and he went nuts. That was fun. The joke seems to be on you here though, Aaron, because DMT obviously doesn't give a crap. :wink:

Curt

Partner cliffhanger9

Jul 29, 2004, 7:10 PM
Post #6 of 94 (4897 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

no offense...i dont know either of you...but you're acting like kindergarteners.

:roll: :roll: c'mon. :roll: :roll:

dredsovrn

Jul 29, 2004, 7:27 PM
Post #7 of 94 (4897 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

no offense...i dont know either of you...but you're acting like kindergarteners.

:roll: :roll: c'mon. :roll: :roll:

That's whats fun about it. :P I didn't know people were trying to be anonymous. I thought the user names were just for fun. Turns out it's all very mysterious. 8^) Good for both of you. Keep it coming.

Partner rocdaug

Jul 29, 2004, 7:27 PM
Post #8 of 94 (4897 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

take it outside.
no one cares about your personal disputes.

10ftdrp

Jul 29, 2004, 7:33 PM
Post #9 of 94 (4897 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

MODERATOR HE TOUCHED ME :wink:
geeze come on ppl lets grow up a little

the_antoon

Jul 29, 2004, 7:41 PM
Post #10 of 94 (4897 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
MODERATOR HE TOUCHED ME :wink:
geeze come on ppl lets grow up a little

NO...don't grow up...you have the rest of your life to do that...this is fun...

glowering

Jul 29, 2004, 7:49 PM
Post #11 of 94 (4897 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
take it outside.

and climb.

Written communication is constantly misinterpreted, especially on these forums. If everyone climbed together before they posted we could probably have heated discussions without the animosity.

I happened to call a well recognized rec.climber once as part of my job (coincidence). I asked her if she was "username here" because I recognized her real name. She said yes and we wasted a good 1/2 hour of work time talking about climbing. Well I wouldn't actually say wasted. :wink:

I mentioned a route in the Valley and she said she did it with another rec.climber. She then said he was a much nicer person in person than online. I said that doesn't surprise me. A misunderstanding becomes a pissing match very quickly when you don't see another persons body language and indications when they are being sarcastic, etc.

wedgy

Jul 29, 2004, 7:59 PM
Post #12 of 94 (4897 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh so true of the "magical editing powers". Talk about a wussy move. But hey, any little b#tch can hide on the net. That's why it's so popular! PTPP could expose lots of them.

death

Jul 29, 2004, 8:03 PM
Post #13 of 94 (4897 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Roughster is a waste of cyberspace...much like he is in real life.

ricardol

Jul 29, 2004, 8:05 PM
Post #14 of 94 (4897 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

the net has always been a brooding ground for flame fests .. and what not ..

rec.climbing .. rc.com .. etc ...

.. right on --

-- ricardo

Partner cracklover

Jul 29, 2004, 8:18 PM
Post #15 of 94 (4897 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

1 - Seems a harsh breach of ettiquette for moderators to use private information against members of the site.

2 - DMT, your real name (if indeed the one you listed here is your real name) is plastered elsewhere on the net already, so... :roll:

GO

roughster

Jul 29, 2004, 8:23 PM
Post #16 of 94 (4897 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
1 - Seems a harsh breach of ettiquette for moderators to use private information against members of the site.

I figured this would come up and was the only thing that I would respond to beyond my initial post.

Craig and I have a long history outside of Rockclimbing.com (many years on rec.climbing) and his name does not come from here in any manner. In fact, I have sent Craig a guidebook (free of course + I paid for shipping) to his home address which he provided to me.

I didn't want people to think that his name came from me "abusing" being a mod in any manner as it does not. In addition, I have never used Craigs name on this website on the public forum prior to this post where Craig Harris himself posts it on the initial post.

I figured if he feels free to post my information (which was obtained offsite) then he surely would have no objection to my using his (also obtained off site). In additiont o that, i actually at least had the respect to PM him about it 1st and then of course Craig, instead of responding in kind, once again shows his "class" by posting a Private Message.

Eh, I let the users come up with their own conclusion after reading this thread and the rec.climbing thread currently in Community.

Partner rrrADAM

Jul 29, 2004, 8:49 PM
Post #17 of 94 (4897 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
No probs Craig Harris. As I wrote, I at least afforded you the courtesy you did not give me.

From the [tos]

In reply to:
In general, it is in extremely poor taste to post the contents of email or private messages, but some people simply have no taste...

True, so true...

Your name is on your profile here at this site Aaron, his is not. I do not see where his identity even plays a part in your ongoing fued, but that instead of debating the points, you are mearly looking to get a rise out of him by casting stones and reaching for straws in an effort to do so. This is an indirect flame and a TROLL hoping he'll bite.

The TOS also has a rather lengthy section regarding TROLLs and Flames:
In reply to:
Flaming and Trolling
Hate posts and personal attacks will not be tolerated on the Rockclimbing.com Forums. Treat others on these message boards as you would like to be treated. Personal attacks on another user are a great way to earn some time off, as is posting inflammatory material specifically to provoke a negative response from someone (aka trolling). If you are unclear about what a 'troll' is, an excellent description can be found here.

While we realize that this can become somewhat subjective, excessive mudslinging (not debate, but unbridled flaming) drives away many users - we are not trying to stifle debate, but users whose behavior consistently reduces the overall value of the site (to its owners, advertisers, and users) are not welcome.

Aaron, please tell me what relevance his name has other than to "provoke a negative response".

I shared with you that I did the exact same thing a couple years ago with Lox, and that it went south on me, and was a poor choice on my part, and that you should not do the same. You have chosen to ignore that.

You reep what you sow brutha. :wink:

timstich

Jul 29, 2004, 8:57 PM
Post #18 of 94 (4897 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I remember posting Lox's real name here and he went nuts. That was fun.

That was pretty interesting. I'm not sure what that was all about really.

In reply to:
The joke seems to be on you here though, Aaron, because DMT obviously doesn't give a crap. :wink:

Curt

Indeed.

roughster

Jul 29, 2004, 8:59 PM
Post #19 of 94 (4897 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Your name is on your profile here at this site Aaron, his is not.
Adam, my name hasn't been in my profile for years. Perhaps you need to check again and look at the audit trail? Or are you looking at and revealing the Admin privelaged profile? In which case, hurumph :lol: , because they regular users (including Dingus) do not have a view to that.

In reply to:
I do not see where his identity even plays a part in your ongoing fued, but that instead of debating the points, you are mearly looking to get a rise out of him by casting stones and reaching for straws in an effort to do so. This is an indirect flame and a TROLL hoping he'll bite.

Hmm so maybe you can explain where my name is relevent in the rec.climbing thread?

In reply to:
The TOS also has a rather lengthy section regarding TROLLs and Flames:
In reply to:
Flaming and Trolling
Hate posts and personal attacks will not be tolerated on the Rockclimbing.com Forums. Treat others on these message boards as you would like to be treated. Personal attacks on another user are a great way to earn some time off, as is posting inflammatory material specifically to provoke a negative response from someone (aka trolling). If you are unclear about what a 'troll' is, an excellent description can be found here.

While we realize that this can become somewhat subjective, excessive mudslinging (not debate, but unbridled flaming) drives away many users - we are not trying to stifle debate, but users whose behavior consistently reduces the overall value of the site (to its owners, advertisers, and users) are not welcome.

Adam, then where was the [tos] enforcement when he used mine in the rec.climbing thread as quoted?

In reply to:
Now there's the old Aaron Rough SOB we know so well at rec.climbing;

Not only is it used but it is also followed up with him calling me an SOB. You seemed to not care when it is used in some cases but then again in others. Please clarify?

In reply to:
Aaron, please tell me what relevance his name has other than to "provoke a negative response".

I shared with you that I did the exact same thing a couple years ago with Lox, and that it went south on me, and was a poor choice on my part, and that you should not do the same. You have chosen to ignore that.

You reep what you sow brutha. :wink:

There is no relevence to provoking negative comments because that is not the intention. The intention is to mearly offer the same amount of respect that is being offered from Mr. Craig Harris himself.

I appreciate your advice, just remember it was given as such and I considered it. Had you said, "Do Not" I wouldn't have sent then PM, however you left the choice to me and I will stand by my decision to PM Craig.

dredsovrn

Jul 29, 2004, 9:03 PM
Post #20 of 94 (4897 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
take it outside.

and climb.

Written communication is constantly misinterpreted, especially on these forums. If everyone climbed together before they posted we could probably have heated discussions without the animosity.

I happened to call a well recognized rec.climber once as part of my job (coincidence). I asked her if she was "username here" because I recognized her real name. She said yes and we wasted a good 1/2 hour of work time talking about climbing. Well I wouldn't actually say wasted. :wink:

I mentioned a route in the Valley and she said she did it with another rec.climber. She then said he was a much nicer person in person than online. I said that doesn't surprise me. A misunderstanding becomes a pissing match very quickly when you don't see another persons body language and indications when they are being sarcastic, etc.

I think we should put less effort into getting along. This kind of stuff is much more fun. There is plenty or warm fuzzy stuff going on around here. I call for more absurd fueds. It helps add balance to all the peace and love. Perhaps there could be new fued forum.

dredsovrn

Jul 29, 2004, 9:03 PM
Post #21 of 94 (4897 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
take it outside.

and climb.

I think we should put less effort into getting along. This kind of stuff is much more fun. There is plenty or warm fuzzy stuff going on around here. I call for more absurd fueds. It helps add balance to all the peace and love. Perhaps there could be new fued forum.

timstich

Jul 29, 2004, 9:04 PM
Post #22 of 94 (4897 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
There is no relevence to provoking negative comments because that is not the intention.

I assume the intention was akin to Snuggle bears.

http://www.hi-net.zaq.ne.jp/...ues/img/snuggle2.jpg

Partner rrrADAM

Post #23 of 94 (4897 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Aaron... Your name shows on the Management Org Chart as a Senior Mod:
http://www.rockclimbing.com/site/docs/index.php?id=12

As I have seen your name mentioned in the thread you site, it is Aaron "Roughster". Aaron from a publically viewable page on this site, and "roughster" is your user name.

IMHO your actions are not represent a Senior Mod well. You need thicker skin, as you are to easily TROLLed.

In reply to:
Adam, then where was the TOS enforcement when he used mine in the rec.climbing thread as quoted?
Now you sound like "djmeat", not a Senior Mod. :roll:

I'm done trying to reason with you. As I've told you for a while now, "Those who do not learn the lesson are doomed to repeat it." When will you learn the lesson ???

roughster

Post #24 of 94 (4897 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
There is no relevence to provoking negative comments because that is not the intention.

I assume the intention was akin to Snuggle bears.

With maybe a little more tongue :lol:

roughster

Jul 29, 2004, 9:07 PM
Post #25 of 94 (4897 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Aaron... Your name shows on the Management Org Chart as a Senior Mod:
http://www.rockclimbing.com/site/docs/index.php?id=12

As I have seen your name mentioned in the thread you site, it is Aaron "Roughster". Aaron from a publically viewable page on this site, and "roughster" is your user name.

IMHO your actions are not represent a Senior Mod well. You need thicker skin, as you are to easily TROLLed.

Aaron is my name, how does that have to do with what Dingus posted? You are attempting evade many of the questions and blatant mistruths I identified with your posts. It is not in my profile as you suggested (wheres the "Whoops My bad"?), it does not specify what my last name is regardless to its "liking" to my user name. What about the [tos] enforcement when I was called out by name and called an SOB and yet you want to evoke that same [tos] clause against a PRIVATE MESSAGE that was sent directly to Craig?

IMHO your previous actions and many of your current do not reflect well as an Admin (as well as being flat out illegal), but do you see me running around to the every message where a user disagrees with you and post it?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook