RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

antigravity

Aug 2, 2004, 4:55 PM
Post #1 of 4 (892 views)
Shortcut

molding shoe
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So I was bouldering last year, fell, hurt ankle which oozed lots of blood all over my climbing shoe (gross, yes I know). Needless to say, I never got around to cleaning my shoe up, one cause i didn't know how to and two cause just looking at it made my ankle throb. A year later, I can finally start climbing again. I pulled my shoes out of my closet and low and behold, I found my one shoe covered with mold. The inside has little tiny white flecks that look like flour. Does anyone have any idea what i can do about this? (buying a new pair of shoes is not an option. I am nowhere near a shoe store for another month.)

petsfed

Aug 2, 2004, 4:59 PM
Post #2 of 4 (892 views)
Shortcut

Re: molding shoe [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Freeze it. That should kill whatever's growing. Then, using a mild bleach solution (maybe dilute it with water 10 to 1) scrub that puppy out. Let it dry completely. Then go climbing.

overlord

Aug 2, 2004, 5:00 PM
Post #3 of 4 (892 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

get some medical desinfectat, the one used to scrub floors in hospitals and wash the insides with it. maybe you can even try to brush some of it off before you do that.

and i guess you never heard about drying your shoes after climbing????? its not hard, you just DONT leave them im your pack (or a plastic bag i have seen some ppl use for their shoes).

musicman

Aug 2, 2004, 6:22 PM
Post #4 of 4 (892 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

medical disinfectant would probabaly be best but doens't seem like the easiest thing to get a hold of, freezing them will do just about the same thing. just freeze them and then wash em out with bleach or something, diluting it would be a good idea to.

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook