RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

roseraie

Sep 7, 2004, 8:15 PM
Post #1 of 10 (3991 views)
Shortcut

Sports bras & lats
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Okay. So, every time I wear either a sports bra or a built-in-bra top all day climbing, I end up with welts across my lats. I guess the muscles have gotten a lot bigger in the last two years.

I can't seem to find a SINGLE sports bra that gives me support but doesn't slice my underarms/lats. I used to swear by the Patagonia ones, but I guess my muscles outgrew them. I'm relatively small-framed (size 34), so bumping up to a large sized one defeats the whole purpose of wearing the damned thing.

Does anyone else have this problem? Has anyone found the miracle bra that supports and doesn't cause pain? I tried the ones that loop around the back of the neck and don't go over the lats at all, but then they end up leaving welts on my neck.

Help..

xgretax

Sep 7, 2004, 10:23 PM
Post #2 of 10 (3991 views)
Shortcut

Re: Sports bras & lats [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i have this problem...it sucks. i have aa's (yes, that's smaller than an 'A' cup), yet I wear large tanks and bras. Patagonia does not work for me either. Stonewear and jade sports also do NOT work well for me. Prana larges are alright for coverage and my little boobies haven't fallen out yet. I've found that my cycling bras work much better (hind, sugoi, she-beast) and they are in the small size range. Just try different companies because they all size differently. hope this helps.

Partner bad_lil_kitty

Sep 7, 2004, 10:50 PM
Post #3 of 10 (3991 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Instead of sports bras, have you tried the tank tops w/ the bras inside?

Partner missedyno

Sep 8, 2004, 12:29 AM
Post #4 of 10 (3991 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i guess my lats aren't that big just yet, i'm still in the "halter" (ties up around the neck, avoids lats) style of sports bra.

funny: determined to find a sports bra that fit and was flattering, i grabbed many different brands, styles, and sizes and hit the change room. for every single one, when i came out for to show my partner, the first thing he said was "turn around" .... "hey your back looks great!"

:?

maculated

Sep 8, 2004, 4:32 AM
Post #5 of 10 (3991 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Frog bra by Title 9. But you can't wear it more than two or three days in a row unless you want a killer rash. I've bled from wearing it too long.

Partner calamity_chk

Sep 8, 2004, 4:41 AM
Post #6 of 10 (3991 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In the summer, I tend to wear tank tops with a bra inside (from Target's athletic section) or just a tank with nothin. (Yay for not having boobs!) I tried the halter top once and almost ended up flashing my partner instead of the route. :oops:

In winter months, I usually dont bother with bra at all. Then again, I start layering clothes when temps drop below 70F.

bluetrout

Sep 8, 2004, 5:48 AM
Post #7 of 10 (3991 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yup I have that problem too. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I'm a 32B so if I get something to fit the 32 part and give me some support then I'm really squished every where else, boobs and lats. Yet the next size up leaves me feeling like I'm flopping around. I'm still trying to find something that works too. I think if I was smaller busted I just forget the whole bra thing and wear a couple of undershirts and call it good. I wish they would make some bras and tops that were more adjustable.

Partner calamity_chk

Sep 8, 2004, 6:23 AM
Post #8 of 10 (3991 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i'm working on trying to incorporate a 'soft' bra into some of my tanks. i'll let you know when i get the pattern sorted out. maybe i can start my own line of women's clothing. :D

ladylayback

Sep 14, 2004, 11:20 PM
Post #9 of 10 (3991 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Have you tried Hanes Sport bras? They have a wide array of size specific bras. They never gave me a problem and I usually have lots of problems with clothes not fitting my upper body. I used to be a competitive swimmer and still have the shoulders and back.
Also, it may be time for the next size. It can be embarrassing but if you go to Victoria's Secret a woman will measure you and tell you your actual size. You can't buy a sports bra there, but you can run out to Target or KMart and buy one that actually fits.

dancesonrocks

Sep 15, 2004, 4:04 PM
Post #10 of 10 (3991 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Have you tried Hanes Sport bras?

I second this, I've found a few that work for me. I change them up with criss crossback built in bra tops though. I also like my one North Face bra top that is basically like a modified racerback. I got it more than a few years ago though so I'm not sure if they still sell that style, it's blue with black trim but I don't remember if it has a particular model name.

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook