RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

craggergirl

Sep 12, 2004, 1:29 AM
Post #1 of 13 (1548 views)
Shortcut

does anyone else do this....
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Ok, just checking to see if this is normal or if i'm being wierd...The day before I go on a climbing trip i get my stuff ready and pack my pack up and everything, ok, that part is normal but if I know i'm gonna be climbing routs I try my harnes on with what i'll be wearing the next day. #1 to see if the shorts or whatever will be comfortable and #2 because I want to know what it looks like.

Also I usually take a little mirror with me so I can make sure I don't have food in my teeth and just to see what i look like. It's not like I wear makup or do anything like that I just want to know if my hair is standing up or if I look funny. I just want ot know whta I look like.

I just want to know if this is a normal feeling for a girl or if this is soemthing that's a little over the top. I can't ask my guy climber friends because they'd just think I'm wierd. :) Well, i very well may be but I want ladies opinions.

what do you think?

lesley

Partner honeyhiker

Sep 12, 2004, 1:48 AM
Post #2 of 13 (1548 views)
Shortcut

Re: does anyone else do this.... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't really give a crap how I look but I've always been the outdoorsy type. I wear my stretchy capris because they fit the best under my harness and try not to worry about not being model material. I wear a tank because i sweat like a banshee and can't concentrate if I don't. My hair gets put up in a ponytail when I get there with no regard for style. (I always put it up now after the hair sucked into the grigri episode...boo hoo...bye bye chunk of hair). If its really cold I'm just as bad, fleece tights and a shirt that doesn't get in the way. You should just wear what is most comfortable and eat whatever you want. Climbing isn't exactly the most "ladylike" activity, its well...climbing, being outside, not the gym. :D

Partner bad_lil_kitty

Sep 12, 2004, 3:33 AM
Post #3 of 13 (1548 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello Kitty just wears a bow - *purrr* jk, Honey I just thought I'd continue my vicarious feline role.

But seriously, Les - it's all about your comfort and how you feel - do you feel weird, then maybe you are but would you change that? We all have our idiosyncrasies which makes us individuals and manifests our uniqueness.

Most of us at some point or another may have subscribed to keeping up appearences for whatever reason - If you want to look sporty/model-like out on those crags, you go right ahead missy! It's not for me to say or judge your 'weirdness' factor, per se.

However, with that comes the caveat that if you had a ritual for putting together outfits, I'd probably rag on ya' *wink, jk*

As far as 'fashion' goes - I just try to make sure that I wear clean clothes, pull back the hair (with the length of my hair, I find pigtails work best), and if need be wear my glasses...

In reply to:
I don't really give a crap how I look but I've always been the outdoorsy type. I wear my stretchy capris because they fit the best under my harness and try not to worry about not being model material. I wear a tank because i sweat like a banshee and can't concentrate if I don't. My hair gets put up in a ponytail when I get there with no regard for style. (I always put it up now after the hair sucked into the grigri episode...boo hoo...bye bye chunk of hair). If its really cold I'm just as bad, fleece tights and a shirt that doesn't get in the way. You should just wear what is most comfortable and eat whatever you want. Climbing isn't exactly the most "ladylike" activity, its well...climbing, being outside, not the gym. :D

nire

Sep 12, 2004, 12:43 PM
Post #4 of 13 (1548 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

While I don't think it's wierd I can't say I have ever done that. However, looking at the pics taken from my last roped climb maybe I should have. :wink:

maculated

Sep 12, 2004, 6:36 PM
Post #5 of 13 (1548 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

We've already had a thread similar to this. Different mindsets. I suspect as you climb more you'll get over what you look like. I've got these disgusting, gnarly, stained up pants that i wear because I trash "cute" ones and I've pretty much given up looking good after camping for 5 days. I have a friend that is trying to force me to buy cute climbing shirts for cute climber guys and I keep telling her, they'd better get over it if they want me to lead that 5.9 ow pitch.

granite_grrl

Sep 13, 2004, 2:11 PM
Post #6 of 13 (1548 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
As far as 'fashion' goes - I just try to make sure that I wear clean clothes, pull back the hair (with the length of my hair, I find pigtails work best), and if need be wear my glasses...

Wow, you manage to wear clean clothes for climbing? I'm just happy if they don't smell too much.

The only time I even bother to look in a mirror is when I first get up to make sure my hair isn't too crazy for work, and if I'm going out. I get a little excited when I go out and get to wear nice clothes. Climbing - cothes I can ruin, Biking - spandex or clothes that I can ruin, Work - Cheap dress pants and shirts that can get stained and ruined (work in a manufacturing plant). Going out - I get to try to look good! But even going out it's more a check to make sure things match, I don't spend too much time on it.

Partner bad_lil_kitty

Sep 13, 2004, 2:24 PM
Post #7 of 13 (1548 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

*grin* yep, sounds silly to some, but I've got my fun quirks that certainly makes me, me - gots no bones bout it!

But, clean clothes for working out - unfortunately, I break out in some pretty more-then-mild, less-then-severe-requiring-emergency-attention hives. I have found that wearing clean clothes, vs wearing clothes that have been previously worked out in, lessens the onset of the hives to a certain degree. Having welt-like hives is less then comfy, ugh!

LOL but as far as clothes in general - I still have clothes from HS I wear (graduated over a decade) - so lol I can say, certainly not a fashion whore ;)

In reply to:
In reply to:

Wow, you manage to wear clean clothes for climbing? I'm just happy if they don't smell too much.

The only time I even bother to look in a mirror is when I first get up to make sure my hair isn't too crazy for work, and if I'm going out. I get a little excited when I go out and get to wear nice clothes. Climbing - cothes I can ruin, Biking - spandex or clothes that I can ruin, Work - Cheap dress pants and shirts that can get stained and ruined (work in a manufacturing plant). Going out - I get to try to look good! But even going out it's more a check to make sure things match, I don't spend too much time on it.

Partner missedyno

Sep 13, 2004, 4:44 PM
Post #8 of 13 (1548 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yeah, everyone has their quirks. whatever makes you happy, and comfortable.

the closest i've ever come to that is trying to sort of coordinate clothes i take away with me. once i didn't think about it and everything turned out to be blue. sweater, pants, shirts, tank tops. i felt like a freak. i'd rather take my rainbow assortment of clothes.

and then once i get away -- yeah. as long as it doesn't stink. clean is optional.

climbhigh2005

Sep 14, 2004, 11:17 AM
Post #9 of 13 (1548 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I cant say I do either... I normally wear comfortable pants or shorts, and one of the climbing shirts I got free at competitions... When I go climbing, I normally camp for at least 2 days, so by the 2nd day, I have that camping smell... of fire smoke, sweat, chalk, dogs, and beer ... and I dont really even want to look in the mirros... i would probably scare myself... sometimes I jump in the creek and wash off, then I feel so clean and pretty.. LOL... i normally put my hair up.. never even brush it.. it gets all curly, but i kinda like it like that... but listen whatever floats your boat... I look in the when I go out (which is maybe once a month)... nd sometimes for school.. althought I dont care what most of the pricks at school think, I try to look decent... if I looked in the mirror to match, it would waste my time because I cant match if my life depended on it.. oh well.. peace!

craggergirl

Sep 14, 2004, 10:23 PM
Post #10 of 13 (1548 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well the clothes i wear are all cheap, thrift store shopping for me, but they are clean and comfortable. I just like to know what i look like before I go parading around in front of everyone. maybe so I can have a disclaimer for a bad hair day. I just like to be the first to know if I'm looking like a clown i suppose. :)

climbhigh2005

Sep 14, 2004, 11:28 PM
Post #11 of 13 (1548 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
well the clothes i wear are all cheap, thrift store shopping for me, but they are clean and comfortable. I just like to know what i look like before I go parading around in front of everyone. maybe so I can have a disclaimer for a bad hair day. I just like to be the first to know if I'm looking like a clown i suppose. :)

thats totaly understandable... I just dont care what I look like when i climb.. as long as Im having fun, I dont care... and yeah.. i get my clothes at thrift stores too!! :lol:

amanda

Sep 15, 2004, 6:28 PM
Post #12 of 13 (1548 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I do not carry a mirror or try on my clothing beforehand. If there's something in my teeth, it's because I'm saving it to snack on at the top of pitch five.

slickjib

Sep 15, 2004, 8:35 PM
Post #13 of 13 (1548 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

T4

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook