RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

mishapea

Oct 12, 2004, 3:35 PM
Post #1 of 3 (755 views)
Shortcut

Climbers w/Implants (need advice)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

If any of you ladies are climbers and have implants, I would love to have a private chat with you as I'm currently doing my due diligence and could use some advice on:

Placement - over vs. under the muscle (does the distortion from flexing the pecs really matter), I've gotten drastically different opinions from two different doctors who are not climbers

Type - round vs. anatomical (is there a real risk in 'flipping' while climbing?)

Recovery time - when can I start climbing again?

BTW, I've read the previous thread on this issue and (though I'm sure you mean well) I am not searching for advice from people who want to advise against the procedure. I am doing my best to research all of the risks before making what I think is a very personal decision.

Therefore, I would prefer to talk privately with individuals who have done this and could provide some helpful/meaningful advice.

Thank you for respecting and considering my request.

Send private message me.

timstich

Oct 12, 2004, 4:34 PM
Post #2 of 3 (755 views)
Shortcut

Re: Climbers w/Implants (need advice) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I wouldn't think climbing put any unusual stress on breast implants that would make it worse than gymnastics or some other high-impact sport. And yes, doctors don't seem to know all that much about actually living with the results of their procedures.

Partner calamity_chk

Oct 12, 2004, 4:44 PM
Post #3 of 3 (755 views)
Shortcut

Re: Climbers w/Implants (need advice) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have a friend who has implants; though, she got them several years before she started climbing. If you're still interested in getting her .02, feel free to PM.

Best,
amber

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook