RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

wmdaughtrey

May 27, 2002, 9:57 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1676 views)
Shortcut

Hone Quarry next week
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Would anybody be up for some day climbing at Hone Quarry next week, the week of June 3rd? I have never climbed there, but I am have been reading in The VA climber's guide and it sounds like a pretty good place to get some winter kinks out. If you want to go or have any beta about the place, let me know.

greyghost

May 27, 2002, 10:48 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1676 views)
Shortcut

Hone Quarry next week [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey man I personally do not think it is worth your time. There is some good bouldering out that way, called hill top.

If you think you are coming to the Harrisonburg area take the 33 exit towards Elkton when you get off take a left at the first light then take you next quick left towards the Four Points hotel. There is a shop under it called Wilderness Voyagers. Just go in and ask for the Rockingham County climbing guide. I think it is 10 bucks. Jason or Keith in there can point you in the right direction.

If you want to climb and you can not find a partner you should go to Rawley Springs. There is an assortment of climbs between 5.5 and 5.12. They use to be toproped or "soloed" now people mainly just boulder them. They range from 10-15 feet to 25 feet, so a pad is nice. If you are looking for harder stuff here is place right about there called Second Mountain with stuff ranging from sub V0 to V10. There is cool over hang there with some awesome problems. Good luck man.

don't stop the scream

bouldertoad

May 28, 2002, 2:04 AM
Post #3 of 5 (1676 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hone quarry is not worth your time. It has some good stuff but there is much better bouldering to be had at Hidden Hilltop. A couple of friends and myself have pretty muched developed the current problems that are there so if you want some beta or a topo just drop me an e-mail. bouldertoad@hotmail.com

wmdaughtrey

May 28, 2002, 5:25 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1676 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Alright, so it seems that Hone Quarry is not the place to go. I will NOT be going to Hone Quarry next week to climb. Any suggestions on where I could go to work out some winter kinks? A place that I could set up several top ropes in VA? Thanks for the help!

greyghost

May 30, 2002, 7:56 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1676 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey man pick a day next week and i will try to meet up with you. We can go bouldering. There is enough stuff to keep you climbing the whole day.
don't stop the scream
matt

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook