Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

the_pirate

Oct 29, 2004, 7:09 PM
Post #26 of 50 (4348 views)
Shortcut

Re: tent partners? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
I can't seem to share a tent with someone without there being undertones of naughtiness.
That settles it, I'm camping with Kimmy. :D

mother_sheep

Oct 29, 2004, 7:15 PM
Post #27 of 50 (4348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've slept in many a man's tent. hehehe. No seriously, I have but it's been platonic. I only feel strange about it if I'm with someone and their significant other has issues with it. Out of respect for their relationship, I've opted for sleeping on my own or bivying, even if it means that I have to carry more weight. So maybe the couple's relationship is not so stable if the female is worried about it but that's not for me to judge. So yeah, I've done it and will keep doing it but if my partner's significant others have problems with it, I'll sleep alone. It's about the climbing anyway, not the sleeping arrangements. I'm not going to make it a big deal.

bandycoot

Oct 29, 2004, 7:22 PM
Post #28 of 50 (4348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It's no problem provided she doesn't have bad gas. :lol:

shakylegs

Oct 29, 2004, 7:24 PM
Post #29 of 50 (4348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It’s called sharing the warmth. Granted, I do warn them that I might use my pee bottle during the night.

mother_sheep

Oct 29, 2004, 7:26 PM
Post #30 of 50 (4348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
It’s called sharing the warmth

Thank you! I'll be sure to remember that. :lol: :lol:

shakylegs

Oct 29, 2004, 7:29 PM
Post #31 of 50 (4348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
It’s called sharing the warmth

Thank you! I'll be sure to remember that. :lol: :lol:

Yeah, that's why I always carry a double wool blanket as well. "Baby, it's cold outside."

markc

Oct 29, 2004, 7:39 PM
Post #32 of 50 (4348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Granted, I do warn them that I might use my pee bottle during the night.

Not in my tent you wouldn't, Shaky. Get thee to the out of doors, mister!

mark (who thinks it's fun to shiver uncontrollably while urinating)

jimlas

Oct 29, 2004, 8:00 PM
Post #33 of 50 (4348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I know everytime I share a tent with someone of the opposite gender we always end up having sex all night long. This is a real problem cuz in the morning I wake up and realize it was all just a big dream.......wait ....where am I?

lmao....keep dreaming, one day it will come true

t-dog
Deleted

Oct 29, 2004, 9:46 PM
Post #34 of 50 (4348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Seriously, I only really use a tent when I need to for warmth/weather reasons and other than that would rather just sleep outdoors. So assuming the weather is nice and you're STILL gonna share a tent with someone of the opposite sex that you're not getting down and dirty with, then I think you're conveniently ommiting the word "yet" :shock:
And to all the people who say that by the end of the day they're way too tired to think about anything naughty and just pass out, I beg to differ and state that isn't the case if you have a good looking partner 8^)

Partner coylec

Oct 29, 2004, 11:12 PM
Post #35 of 50 (4348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

What's the hang-up on the gender issue? I mean, seriously folks, this ain't middle school (for most of us). You want to share a tent with me? A few rules ...

1. The tent shall not reek of ass. If you're gasy, you'd better be in a mummy bag, zipped all the way up and sealed. Sorry!

2. The tent shall not reek of urine. Pee bottles are A-OK, if and only if you can fill them without splattering urine everywhere. Otherwise, out you go.

3. Don't fucking wake me up until its time to get up. If anything were going to happen, we'd have thought about prior to you gettin' ideas at 2 am.

I think that about covers it.

Sounds like your friends have never had sex in the woods before ...

coylec

canadiangrl

Oct 29, 2004, 11:29 PM
Post #36 of 50 (4348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thats totally stupid that someone would get worked up over something like that! But its ppl like that, who dont agree with the new Gay Marrage laws in Canada. They need to grow up and adapt to the times, ITS 2004 GET OVER IT :x

shandafin

Oct 29, 2004, 11:58 PM
Post #37 of 50 (4348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I actually got a lot of flack for just CAMPING with guys from non-outdoorsy people in my office (no tent sharing at all). They thought it was totally insane to go camping with 3 guys and just me being the only girl. But it turned out to be one of the best climbing weekends I ever had (thanks guys!). All three were either engaged or married and I was in a relationship myself - nothing crazy happened, except that we had a great time. Personally I like the dynamic that happens when you mix the sexes together - made the campfire talk great and I learned a ton of stuff (climbing as well as a few other things...) :D ). But the experience definitely made me aware that some less open-minded people view what we do as something inappropriate. So I'll probably be more careful about who I tell what I'm doing (or who I'm doing it with) but I'll keep on doing it!

climbhigh2005

Oct 30, 2004, 12:16 AM
Post #38 of 50 (4348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I sleep with te opposite sex all the time... LOL seriously though... there is like no girl climbers that I have evr camed with.. and I really dont want to sleep ina tent by myself... :wink:

madyak

Oct 30, 2004, 12:43 AM
Post #39 of 50 (4348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I never had a problem with that before I got married. :)

I think it's a total culture thing. Climbing and backpacking partners, dirtbaggers, etc. We're not sleeping with each other, just sleeping side by side. We share food, water bottles (winter - piss bottles), poop tubes, cooking and eating wear, even clothes when the situation calls for it. Especially in good climbing partners, there's such a level of trust between the two of them, that if no sex is going to happen, then it's simply not going to.

I've never had a problem with it. My wife hasn't had the same experiences as I have, so now that I'm married I respect that and just bring my own tent or hammock when she's not on the trip.

Yup, culture.

johnathon78

Oct 30, 2004, 1:10 AM
Post #40 of 50 (4348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I personally have went camping and slept in the same tent as someone of the opposite sex many of times. Its wasnt naughty or anything like that!
It was just two people who enjoyed each others company and the outdoors and slept in the same area. I dont think the fact that theres shelter around you should give any inclination of naughtyness or arousal!

sharpender

Oct 30, 2004, 1:14 AM
Post #41 of 50 (4348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I was on a weekend outing with a group in California during the last winter. It was cold and the camp accomodations were primitive. Zero amenities. I suggested a drive to town for a shared motel. She accepted. I barely knew her. When we registered and said we wanted two beds the sixty something Asian woman behind the desk, did a double take and said "You want two Beds?". That was as eventful as it got. Ah, sheets, showers and pillows. Fresh coffee from AM PM in the morning. And Back to the crag. Ain't life good.

sharpender

Oct 30, 2004, 1:16 AM
Post #42 of 50 (4348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
there is like no girl climbers that I have evr camed with

On the other hand I have "camed" with a number of girl climbers.

walrus

Oct 30, 2004, 1:27 AM
Post #43 of 50 (4348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
there is like no girl climbers that I have evr camed with

On the other hand I have "camed" with a number of girl climbers.
cammed?

couchwarrior

Oct 30, 2004, 2:00 AM
Post #44 of 50 (4348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
A few rules ...

1. The tent shall not reek of ass. If you're gasy, you'd better be in a mummy bag, zipped all the way up and sealed. Sorry!

2. The tent shall not reek of urine. Pee bottles are A-OK, if and only if you can fill them without splattering urine everywhere. Otherwise, out you go.

coylec

Well-reasoned set of rules, except for who gets to define "reek?" The tent owner? The more seasoned climber? Just as beauty is often in the eye of the beholder, reeking is sometimes in the eye of the non-emitter.

Partner tattooed_climber

Oct 30, 2004, 5:04 AM
Post #45 of 50 (4348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

all the time....i sleep in tents with guys gurls, chicks that are lesbians and bi's and chicks with boyfrineds.....I HAVE NO SHAME! :P

pffft.....i sleep in the same bed as my friends that are chicks...nothing happens (unless i/they want too.....but 90% of the time, they (the gurls) are my friends i i don't plan on crossing that line...).........

wtf, why do 'these' people thinks its soooo taboo!.....but its all mentalities....(which theirs pisses me off)

dude, i dispise people like that "you just can't sleep in a tent with a person you're not dating" or whatever BS they say.......its all a factor of mentalities i guess....so i don't even comprehend their logic because we aren't even on the same page

boogirl

Oct 30, 2004, 5:32 PM
Post #46 of 50 (4348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Most of my friends are of the opposite sex partially because it's hard to find female friends that don't object to sharing a bathroom with rodents and bears. There are more reasons than sex to share a tent with someone. Packing and warmth are but two that have pointed out in earlier posts. "Ground (or tent) rules" are discussed before going camping with anyone for the first time. Gender has never been an issue. However girls, be prepared to pull up the tail end of the preverbal grape vine. Ignoring the author of these fabrications can be difficult but reacting to her tales just fuels the fire! Now that I'm married things are a bit different. I wouldn't do anything that I wouldn't mind my husband doing. Therefore, camping with someone of the opposite sex in his absence isn't something in my near future.

matixa

Oct 30, 2004, 6:10 PM
Post #47 of 50 (4348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ran into a situation recently where I went on a weekend CLIMBING Tahoe trip w/ my climbing partner. We shared a room (his SO knew this and subsequently asked what I wore to bed {modest, I might add!}). Nothing happened and nothing would EVER happen! Dear God-we went to sleep early to climb early. Still ended up with a few psycho phone calls from his girlfriend. Freaked me and my kids out enough to dead bolt the doors.

My point-make sure your relationship is strong enough to weather a mixed gender climbing/camping trip. If he/she has a problem with it-nix it. All it will do is cause problems in your relationship and suck an innocent person into the mix. Trust me on this, lugging an extra tent around is a small price to pay.

In the end, however, I have a new, awesome climbing partner who has an amazing wife! (Thank you Laurie and Ron!)

climbingbetty22

Oct 30, 2004, 7:32 PM
Post #48 of 50 (4348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
WHy pitch 2 tents?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does anyone else see the humor in this at at applies to this thread?

jumpingrock

Oct 30, 2004, 10:14 PM
Post #49 of 50 (4348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
WHy pitch 2 tents?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does anyone else see the humor in this at at applies to this thread?

I didn't at the time but now I do :lol:

climberpunk

Oct 30, 2004, 10:47 PM
Post #50 of 50 (4348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I don't equate a tent with a bed which is what my city type friends are saying.

personally, i sleep in the same bed with ppl i barely know of all genders and sexual orientations all the time. I definately see a huge gap between sleeping together and sleeping together. If ppl aren't mature enough to imagine that beds and tents have purposes other than sex [i.e. SLEEPING] then i say -grow up!

In reply to:
I think it's a total culture thing. Climbing and backpacking partners, dirtbaggers, etc. We're not sleeping with each other, just sleeping side by side. We share food, water bottles (winter - piss bottles), poop tubes, cooking and eating wear, even clothes when the situation calls for it.

this sums it up pretty well, good call yak.

and as far as significant others goes, it totally depends on the relationship, and comfort levels of ppl involved, and i try to respect that. But if im in a committed monogamous relationship, then i would hope that the trust btwn me and my partner would be enough to trust them not to have sex with a climbing partner while sharing a tent.

But, as stated before, its totally relative to personal comfort levels, which are often based on preconcived notions- just my personal bias.

but the bottom line, don't do anything anyone has serious problems with and noboddy gets hurt.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook