RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

geo_climber_18

May 29, 2002, 3:56 PM
Post #1 of 3 (977 views)
Shortcut

Climbing for sport and sponsors
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have recently started climbing in the last few months. My friends all say that I do well and I think i have what it takes to be a professional but i don't know where to go to find out about competitions or how to get sponsors.

If anyone knows how to get one, PLEASE TELL ME!!! That would mean a lot. Aside from that, If anyone's ever in AZ and wants to go climbing, Give a shout and I'll be glad to join in.

-Tim

sheppe

May 29, 2002, 4:14 PM
Post #2 of 3 (977 views)
Shortcut

Climbing for sport and sponsors [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Mmm hmmm.

I might be way off base on this, but do you climb 5.13-5.14s regularly? If not then I don't think anyone will sponsor you. Not to mention that you're new to the sport, so no one knows who you are. Just a dose of reality. Sorry. I'm sure I'll be reemed out if I'm wrong, though.

-Sheppe

[ This Message was edited by: sheppe on 2002-05-29 09:14 ]

madscientist

May 29, 2002, 4:59 PM
Post #3 of 3 (977 views)
Shortcut

Climbing for sport and sponsors [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If you have only been climbing for a couple of months, it will be hard to get sponsored. You don't have to climb 5.13 or 5.14 to get a sponsor, but it helps. Some sponsors a looking for someone to represent them, thus they look for someone who is prominent in the climbing community and is well liked. I talked to someone a couple of weeks ago who helps decide sponsorships, so I know this is true. If you truly want to get sponsored, contact the companies that you want to sponsor you. And be a little persistant, but do not annoy them. As stated above and in the other post, sponsors want something for the sponsorhsip, so be prepared to be able to tell them what you will give them. If you don't get media attention in the magazines, you will have to tell them how you will help sell thier product. One final note on sponsors, don't expect money.

Check out the Rock and Ice website for competition schedules. Also, go to your local climbing gym. They will probably have a schedule posted.

Good Luck!

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook