RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

ipass9

Nov 1, 2004, 5:54 AM
Post #1 of 3 (958 views)
Shortcut

thailand bolts
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

anything new on the conditions of the bolts around krabi? are they beiing rebolted with the glue-ins? is that helping?
cheers everyone

boltdude

Nov 1, 2004, 6:19 AM
Post #2 of 3 (958 views)
Shortcut

Re: thailand bolts [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yep, as of last February at least, Shamick and others were cranking away, replacing tons of bolts with Titanium glue-ins. When I left he was working on Low Tide Wall and The Keep, and I think a couple German dudes were replacing routes at Eagle Wall.

An international bolt replacement effort is in the works for this year, but the supply of Titanium glue-ins is up in the air, so we haven't announced it, since there's no point in seeking help with buying the bolts if the supplier doesn't have any to sell. If they come through with bolts, we'll be making announcements all over the place (already have the site translated into 6 languages).

Threads have proven more resilient than any bolts, so rebolters are moving to threads where possible. If you have an extra rope that you don't use, you might bring it and a knife and replace old threads when you're there - my girlfriend and I did around 50 threads and 10 anchors with rope fragments provided by several of the local guide services.

ipass9

Nov 1, 2004, 5:38 PM
Post #3 of 3 (958 views)
Shortcut

Re: thailand bolts [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

thanks my friend ! see you on the beach!
canada is really cold right now. brrrrrrrrrrrr
:D

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook