RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - West Coast

Premier Sponsor:

scott_davidson

Nov 1, 2004, 6:26 PM
Post #1 of 7 (1788 views)
Shortcut

Yosemite/Sierras/gym partner for this fall and winter
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Looking for someone to get out climbing and or backcountry skiing for the weekends this fall and winter in yosemite and parts of the sierras. I live in the bay area and have been driving as far as joshua tree on the weekends. One idea is mt whitney this winter as well as 2 day walls in the valley and ski tours in yosemite. I also am looking for someone to climb with in concord at the gym at night, I can make it most every night and can stay as late as they are open if you want. As far as my experience, Ive climbed quite a bit in the valley, el cap, half dome, sentinel etc. have lead trad up to 11-, backcountry skied quite a bit and lots of moderate technical alpine routes. It would be awesome to find a super motivated partner to get out with down here. my email is scott1208@yahoo.com and my number is (925)768-7593

xtonemonkey

Nov 2, 2004, 6:39 PM
Post #2 of 7 (1788 views)
Shortcut

Re: Yosemite/Sierras/gym partner for this fall and winter [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm in SF right now, heading to Yos tomorrow, would be interested to climb, but i need a guide/ partner,

let me know, i'm from singapore, climb into the 5.11s, i've got some basic gear and will be driving. Will be there untill Sunday

Let me know

Cheers

Ian

scott_davidson

Nov 10, 2004, 8:15 PM
Post #3 of 7 (1788 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

somebody out there must want to do some alpine routes this winter in the sierras or bc skiing? anything ?
please?

camlot

Nov 11, 2004, 1:06 PM
Post #4 of 7 (1788 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello, I live in Santa Monica with no car. Still new to the area and may be far from where you are. I'd be out any free time I have as long as I have means of transport, date, time and of course money. I ice climb, rock climb (mainly trad. but have been sport climbing and bouldering more since I came to the US). I have done many all day affair long summer, winter alpine days (just wished I was in the French or Swiss Alps) in Scotland, and Japan. Or just extended days in the hills. So long walk in with a pack won't put me off easily. Dont' have the gear to BC ski, which I'd love to do though.

Will give more detail you need in terms of climbing experience, level and so on. I'm a 5'2" female but always belayed a lot taller and heavier lads and old chaps.

I was hoping to find a way to get out an climb on ice, and get more Alpine experience with someone who is a lot seasoned that I am and explore American climbing. I'm used to the European style, rock, and ice.

It will be very nice if things will work out. Otherwise, I hope you get to find people to get out there, and have a good season.

All the best,
-Yoshiko

scott_davidson

Nov 11, 2004, 2:39 PM
Post #5 of 7 (1788 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

OK Yoshiko,
I will keep it in mind, your a long ways from here but my friend lives in LA and we go to Joshua Tree some weekends. Something I would like to do is a route on Mt Whitney this winter, so maybe we could hook up for that. If I was in Santa Monica without a car I think i would take up surfing though. Thanks for the response,
scott

camlot

Nov 19, 2004, 5:26 AM
Post #6 of 7 (1788 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello Scott,

Neh, I don't think I'll trade in Climbing for any other sport just because of the location. Whilst in the UK, I was studying in the flattest county and no climbing for 3 years. I call it the climber's hell. Nevertheless, I managed to climb a lot outdoors mainly using trains and camp out. Summer and winter. I did try surfing once before work. It was fun. But not the same.

I can request time off if I plan things in advance, whether it is weekday or weekends. I work in retail at Patagonia. Mt. Whitney sounds great. An old British guy told me of a route near that mountain that is a clean long crack he put up a long time ago. Just been to Bishop for 5 days a few weeks ago and saw the mountains. It looked great. A lot to do there.

I have no ice screws, but can buy some perhaps. Would like to find out and see if I can get appropriate days off somehow. Keep in touch.

Thank you,
Yoshiko

tradrock

Nov 19, 2004, 8:23 AM
Post #7 of 7 (1788 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Scott,
I'm way down in San Diego, but up for the drive to Bishop for some Sierra climbing. Most of my ice climbing was done in NE (Adirondacks, NH, Catskills), tho I've been to Lee Vining a few times. Definitely up for some bigger alpine stuff. Following trad right now, tho I used to lead trad 10s, sport 11s. What do you have in mind? What's the season? What are trip lengths? I'm thinking Jan. and Feb. Let me know.....
Cheers,
Dan

PS, if you're heading to J Tree, let me know (esp. for Thanksgiving...)

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - West Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook