Forums: Climbing Information: Gear Heads:
Help??? Can I Get Some Opinions On The La Sportiva Miura??
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

endeavertoclimb

Nov 5, 2004, 3:15 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1317 views)
Shortcut

Help??? Can I Get Some Opinions On The La Sportiva Miura??
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have a pair of Anasazis Velcro and am seriously looking at the Miura by La Sportiva for a lace up shoe. I really like the Five Tens . But wanted some opinions on the Miura's/ It seems like my anasazis smear better than the Katanas I used to own. I wondered how everyone liked the Miuras???Any help is appreciated!!! Thanks.

jakedatc

Nov 5, 2004, 3:33 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1317 views)
Shortcut

Re: Help??? Can I Get Some Opinions On The La Sportiva Miura [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

miuras are sweet... try them on.. make sure they fit your feet correctly.. i know that 5.10's dont fit me well but sportivas fit like a glove..err shoe yea

i dont believe the hype on stealth being more sticky than sportiva rubber.. my miuras and testarossas both stick like crazy so i think it's in peoples head (yes ive worn 5.10's too)

check the gear section for more reviews

grayhghost

Nov 5, 2004, 4:24 PM
Post #3 of 6 (1317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If you like the Velcro's and are looking
for a pair of lace-up's why don't you get
the Anasazi lace-ups? I have three pairs
of them and one pair of Muira's, I like the
Anasazi's best. The Muira's have an
elongated feel and the lace-up's feel a little
more box-like, wide and short, giving me
more power on edges.

tammarak

Nov 5, 2004, 8:41 PM
Post #4 of 6 (1317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Miuras are truely a gifted shoe. The fit is superior to 5-10 shoes, particularly for those with narrow feet (especially the heel). They're very well built and will last twice as long as any 5-10 shoe. That being said i really do think that stealth is the stickiest - i went from mocasyms to miruas and noticed that i missed the assurance of stealth for smearing and laybacking, but the difference is not something that will greatly affect your climbing. It takes time to adjust to any new shoe, and after a while you will compensate and the minor differences won't matter. Miruas are a great investment, most climbers will have at least a couple of shoes and the miura is probably one of the staple shoes for many climbers. For steep mixed climbing, trad, sport or bouldering these shoes can't be beat. I hope this helped.

jakedatc

Nov 5, 2004, 10:14 PM
Post #5 of 6 (1317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
i went from mocasyms to miruas and noticed that i missed the assurance of stealth for smearing and laybacking,

these are 2 very different type shoes... Moc's are a very soft slipper that of course will smear better than a slightly downturned shoe like the miura

BUT i bet if you tried to stand on the same edge with both or in a small toe pocket you'd feel alot better in the miura

i agree with everything else .. depending on how you size them they can be good on anything from hard overhangs to all day trad

climb_plastic

Nov 5, 2004, 11:08 PM
Post #6 of 6 (1317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

between the velcro and miura I'd say they perform the same. They're pretty much interchangeable depending on which pair of shoes I find first...Also if one pair starts to get more worn out than the other then I'd wear the other pair a bit more...but if one of my pairs is getting close to blowing out then I'll use that one more so that I can send it out sooner for resole. The velcros are more sticky (especially in the gym) but it doesn't make that much of a difference in my climbing to worry about. If you don't think so it's pretty easy to test it out since I have both shoes....I put the miuras on one hand and my velcros on the other and I rub them against the wall and guess what...the velcros stick better than the miuras. However the miura sole does seem to last longer even though they are thinner and when both shoes wear out the miuras edge a bit better because the edge on the velcros gets more rounded and not as precise on tiny nubs...again not enough to make a difference in my climbing. Also the velcros seemed to have molded to my foot better...but that's just me.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook