Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Awesome place locally
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

ktwo

Jun 1, 2002, 6:33 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1993 views)
Shortcut

Awesome place locally  (North_America: United_States: Wyoming: Western_Wy_: Green_River_Community_College)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I was very impressed by this small crag. It has routes ranging in difficulty from 5.5 to 5.10+ and maybe even some 5.11. It is a great place to take a beginner, as you can walk to the top and set up topropes, and there are bolts everywhere. By this I mean that there are bolts to anchor yourself to while you are belaying, and on some routes there are bolts every three feet, making it a great place to do a first lead. I highly reccomend this place for any time that you wanna get some cragging in but don't want to drive for 3 hours.

jm_rip

Jun 1, 2002, 7:18 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1993 views)
Shortcut

Awesome place locally [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Do you know how far this crag you speek so highly of is from gillette, WY. I'm gonna be in Gillette for a week or so this summer and am lookng for something close to climb. I also may need a partner if its not to far and if your interested. Thanks for the info.

jm_rip

Jun 1, 2002, 7:19 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1993 views)
Shortcut

Awesome place locally [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Do you know how far this crag you speek so highly of is from gillette, WY. I'm gonna be in Gillette for a week or so this summer and am lookng for something close to climb. I also may need a partner if its not to far and if your interested. Thanks for the info.

crimpman

Jan 28, 2004, 4:06 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1993 views)
Shortcut

Wicky WAcky [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

This place is pretty cool, but beware in the summer. It's hotter than hell in the middle of the day and you're feet just fry in the hot climbing shoes. I'd recommend rappeling from most of the routes, because there usually is a bulge at the top and you can scratch up your rope pretty good. One of the routes at the beginning has all these grooves in it from the rope pressing in it so hard. So yeah bring lots of water, wear suncreen, and rappel. This place is still awesome.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook