Forums: Community: The Ladies' Room:
Look out, Hulk Hogan! Here comes Ophelia!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

opheliaascending

Nov 19, 2004, 11:07 PM
Post #1 of 7 (717 views)
Shortcut

Look out, Hulk Hogan! Here comes Ophelia!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Phew!.....I am one tough chick!

I just noticed that my forearms and biceps are actually FIRM!

Yes, I am getting muscle tone. Being a lifelong weeny, for the most part, I am thrilled about this new way of getting to know my body. I'm sitting here flexing my new muscles at the receptionists desk at work. It's a good thing I'm wearing such a bulky sweater, or those driving by might look in to see a skinny little chick kissing her own biceps in a real estate office. I suppose I'll have to wait until I get home in front of the mirror for that. Lurking guys, got any tips on good mirror posing?

I love rock climbing.

(Praying for sunshine so I can brave the snow to go climbing on Sunday)

shorty

Nov 20, 2004, 12:47 AM
Post #2 of 7 (717 views)
Shortcut

Re: Look out, Hulk Hogan! Here comes Ophelia! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Lurking guys, got any tips on good mirror posing?
First of all, "good" and "posing" really shouldn't be used in the same sentence. Or even paragraph. But that said, based on the posers at the Bally's health clubs I've been to:

1. Locate mirror.

2. Walk towards mirror swinging arms the opposite way most intellectually developed humans do. In other words, swing left arm forward as left leg goes forward & right arm forward as right leg goes forward. This can be somewhat of a challenge at first, but with practice it almost becomes normal.

3. Pretend your hulking shoulders are too wide to fit between door jams, walkways, the gaps between exercise machines, and any two people with talking distance of each other. You must turn sideways to pass through, lest your shoulders become hopelessly wedged between the gap.

4. Walk with your elbows pointed out to the sides, as your massively developed guns will not allow full straighening of your lower arms.

5. Watch old episodes of Saturday Night Live so you can imitate the Hans and Frans "Vee vill pump you up" routines.

6. Scowl a little when flexing and posing in the mirror. Grunting, belching, and audibly breaking wind are also good.

7. Don't forget suck in the gut and stick out the chest. Oh, that's right -- you're a gal, so you already have an advantage here.

8. Remember that attitude is everything while posing. If someone scoffs while you are in mid pose, brush them off with a pithy witticsim. Then flush their (climbing) shoes down the toilet when they turn the other way.

Pose on......or not.

kimmyt

Nov 20, 2004, 2:16 AM
Post #3 of 7 (717 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

:) :) :)

My favorite is when I'm hanging out with my roommate (a really big guy, muscly and just massive). I always flex and go..."touch my arm, go ahead. You know you want to..."

K.

Partner missedyno

Nov 22, 2004, 2:14 AM
Post #4 of 7 (717 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

climbing related, female related... sure! it can stay here! :D

i um, recently injured my shoulder after a (somewhat drunken) arm wrestle challenge to the biggest guy in the group.

mine you, he didn't beat me... we had a tie... and i had a sore arm....

granite_grrl

Nov 22, 2004, 12:09 PM
Post #5 of 7 (717 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, this is how I felt when I realized I had lats.

Little lats, but there was a difference between flexing and not.

A little difference, but for a girl who was sooo skinny and totally unathletic as of 4 years ago it's amazing :D

cowbelle

Nov 22, 2004, 8:14 PM
Post #6 of 7 (717 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My boyfriend is always finding newly climbing-defined muscles on my back, but I like them a lot better when I can see them. I could watch that bicep lump go back and forth on my upper arm for hours. :)

Shorty, that was awesome. You made me laugh so hard the other engineers raised their heads over their cubicles to look at me. :)

justhavefun

Nov 23, 2004, 12:16 AM
Post #7 of 7 (717 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
A little difference, but for a girl who was sooo skinny and totally unathletic as of 4 years ago it's amazing :D

I can relate... I never had muscles until I started climbing. My sister made my day when I sent her a picture and she said I had deltoids. Me? Deltoids? Isn't that a mint? Muscles are for people who work out. I've never been athletic, and I'm still surprised when I see something in the mirror that's not my imagination. The best thing about climbing is that it's so much fun, the physical changes are just a side benefit.

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook