RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

sanguineclimber

Dec 11, 2004, 5:05 AM
Post #1 of 12 (1991 views)
Shortcut

Shower in J-tree
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I was wondering if there is a convient place to shower in J-tree. I went last year and didn't shower for 7 days. Not that it's a big deal, but it's kinda sick when you have an inch of dust caked in all orficies(sp?).

joshklingbeil

Dec 11, 2004, 5:13 AM
Post #2 of 12 (1991 views)
Shortcut

Re: Shower in J-tree [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes Their are showers on Coyote Corner. Its on the southeast corner as you pull in to town.

jorgle

Dec 11, 2004, 5:30 AM
Post #3 of 12 (1991 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

across the street from nomads.

-j

eric

Dec 11, 2004, 8:39 AM
Post #4 of 12 (1991 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I prefer to roll in the sand. But if you need to have water, Coyote Corner @ 62 & Park Blvd, is the place. $1.50 for a luxurious three minutes.

chossmonkey

Dec 11, 2004, 12:37 PM
Post #5 of 12 (1991 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Shower in J-Tree! Unless you are a weekend warrior I don't think that is allowed. :P

You can get half price showers at the place mentioned if you have a shower buddy. My Girl and I do this to save money while on extended road trips. One person soaps themself! up while the other rinses themself! off. I would recomend your signifigant other but keep in mind that this dosen't save money if you can't keep your hands to yourself. Even worse, the time could run out while you are all soapy and you will have to put in another $1.50 to get it started again.

sanguineclimber

Dec 11, 2004, 6:11 PM
Post #6 of 12 (1991 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

:P Thanks for the info.

granite_grrl

Dec 11, 2004, 6:26 PM
Post #7 of 12 (1991 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
You can get half price showers at the place mentioned if you have a shower buddy. My Girl and I do this to save money while on extended road trips. One person soaps themself! up while the other rinses themself! off. I would recomend your signifigant other but keep in mind that this dosen't save money if you can't keep your hands to yourself. Even worse, the time could run out while you are all soapy and you will have to put in another $1.50 to get it started again.

You wouldn't want to fool around too much in those showers anyways, pretty manky.

If you can't get to Cyote corner in time (there was a strech that I climbed a ton of days on and we just couldn't get out of the park in time to get there before it closed) then sometimes the hotels up the street will let you shower for $5. A little more pricey, but you can stay in the shower for a while, and if there are a few of you waiting in line then you can watch the TV in the room :D.

Partner coldclimb

Dec 12, 2004, 1:21 AM
Post #8 of 12 (1991 views)
Shortcut

coldclimb moved this thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

coldclimb moved this thread from General to Regional Discussions.

dancingmadlybackwards

Dec 12, 2004, 2:05 AM
Post #9 of 12 (1991 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

when i was in J-tree, i believe we found this health club in 13 palms to shower at, and it was super clean, but i think we had to pay 2 bucks.

just_me

Dec 13, 2004, 1:55 AM
Post #10 of 12 (1991 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

For a real treat, take a drive to the town of Desert Hot Springs. It is about 30 miles south and west of the town of J-tree. The town is a cheaper version of Palm Springs with tons of spas with natural hot springs. I have personally been to The Desert Hot Springs Spa. For $3 to $6 (depending on the time and day of the week), you can swim, soak, shower, and use the locker rooms for as long as you wish.

http://www.dhsspa.com/spainfo.htm

“Daily Spa Rates - For a small daily fee, you and your whole family can enjoy a day of swimming and soaking. Admission includes use of eight natural hot mineral pools, dry sauna, and locker room changing facilities.”

This is a great rest day activity, or a great way to relax for an evening after many days on the rock. It is well worth the short drive!!!!

roseraie

Dec 13, 2004, 2:20 AM
Post #11 of 12 (1991 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
For a real treat, take a drive to the town of Desert Hot Springs. It is about 30 miles south and west of the town of J-tree. The town is a cheaper version of Palm Springs with tons of spas with natural hot springs. I have personally been to The Desert Hot Springs Spa. For $3 to $6 (depending on the time and day of the week), you can swim, soak, shower, and use the locker rooms for as long as you wish.

http://www.dhsspa.com/spainfo.htm

“Daily Spa Rates - For a small daily fee, you and your whole family can enjoy a day of swimming and soaking. Admission includes use of eight natural hot mineral pools, dry sauna, and locker room changing facilities.”

This is a great rest day activity, or a great way to relax for an evening after many days on the rock. It is well worth the short drive!!!!

All the skanky teens who live in DHS call this place "The Tubs." You can rent private tubs there. You can imagine what the kids do in THERE.

It's not the cleanest place ever.

climb513a

Dec 13, 2004, 2:55 AM
Post #12 of 12 (1991 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

MSR 10 quart bladder hung in the sun in some private place works miracles!

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook