RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

climbinggurl

Dec 25, 2004, 9:39 PM
Post #1 of 23 (1953 views)
Shortcut

any1 has gurlie moves when climbing?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

i do... well not dat i pretend 2 break a nail...but like when ur 2 reach for a hold but u do it in a gurlie way as in u jus strech ur body ^ instead of reaching for it! i usually do dat, n i do not know y!! i jus do it u know... pro bcuz im a teenager or my height (5ft 6in) or bcuz i have good weight! im not sure! do any of yall hav any other gurlie moves/moves boys dont do!?????
:?:
~~ALLIE~~ :lol:

Partner melodicllama

Dec 25, 2004, 10:19 PM
Post #2 of 23 (1953 views)
Shortcut

Re: any1 has gurlie moves when climbing? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

they have some interesting spelling down there in texas, huh? :wink:

granite_grrl

Dec 26, 2004, 3:10 AM
Post #3 of 23 (1953 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow, I tried to read it, but I only got halfway when I realized it was a lost cause. climbinggurl - the ladies room is the least likely place on this board to get dissed, but for the sake of us all here, please write a little more coherent!

clausti

Dec 26, 2004, 3:12 AM
Post #4 of 23 (1953 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hmmm. did we have a discussion on affected typescript lisps a while back?

rosemom3

Dec 26, 2004, 3:58 AM
Post #5 of 23 (1953 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Wow, I tried to read it, but I only got halfway when I realized it was a lost cause. climbinggurl - the ladies room is the least likely place on this board to get dissed, but for the sake of us all here, please write a little more coherent!
Just for the record Granite girl your writing includes poor or non-existant punctuation, run-on sentences, misspelled words, slang, and poor grammar. I thought her (Climbinggirl) writing was incredibly entertaining, refreshing, somewhat poetic, and - I have been trying to figure out if it is some new french/anglish slang crossed with graffiti. Let's stay focused, shall we, on what is important and not get into that girlie stuff that ruins women's friendships. You go Climbing girl - I'll read all your stuff - and I am an English teacher. As far as the girlie moves - I like to pull out the splits while stemming just get the guys to tell me I'm cheating - I always laugh at them - climbing is such a blast!

climbinggurl

Dec 26, 2004, 4:25 AM
Post #6 of 23 (1953 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i do... well not that i pretend to break a nail...but like when you're to reach for a hold but you do it in a gurlie way as in you just strech your body up instead of reaching for it! i usually do that, and i do not know why!! i just do it you know... probably because im a teenager or my height (5ft 6in) or because i have good weight! im not sure! do any of yall have any other gurlie moves/moves boys dont do!?????

~~ALLIE~~ :wink:

p.s. ya get what i wrote now???

granite_grrl

Dec 26, 2004, 4:26 AM
Post #7 of 23 (1953 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Just for the record Granite girl your writing includes poor or non-existant punctuation, run-on sentences, misspelled words, slang, and poor grammar. I thought her (Climbinggirl) writing was incredibly entertaining, refreshing, somewhat poetic, and - I have been trying to figure out if it is some new french/anglish slang crossed with graffiti. Let's stay focused, shall we, on what is important and not get into that girlie stuff that ruins women's friendships. You go Climbing girl - I'll read all your stuff - and I am an English teacher. As far as the girlie moves - I like to pull out the splits while stemming just get the guys to tell me I'm cheating - I always laugh at them - climbing is such a blast!

Meh, I'm an engineer, good sentence structure went out the window when I learned to talk in math :D

I actually thought I was being a little constructive, she'll get crap for writing that stuff else where on the site (dat = that, 2 = to, or too, or two :P), I was pointing that out. I do find it takes much longer for me to decipher writing like that, but unless that sort of thing becomes ramped on this site I'll just skip those posts, and you can skip mine, and we'll all be happy :)

clausti

Dec 26, 2004, 4:37 AM
Post #8 of 23 (1953 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Let's stay focused, shall we, on what is important and not get into that girlie stuff that ruins women's friendships.

yeah, let's stay focused, shall we, on what is really important. Let's not all be bitches and call it girly stuff as if its something to which women are inherently prone like men cheating under the influence of testosterone.

I mean she was just so mean, right? That b!tch, bless her heart.

katydid

Dec 26, 2004, 5:00 PM
Post #9 of 23 (1953 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You're talking about moving smoothly toward a hold instead of lurching for it, no? That's simply good technique, regardless of gender.

k.

coreydacat

Dec 27, 2004, 3:56 PM
Post #10 of 23 (1953 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

a move i find i employ more often than my fellow male climbers is i often kind of mantle off to the side with my other hand while going up, maybe to conserve upper body strength so i'm not pulling as much with my main hand... i don't know if i'm using the right terminology to describe what i'm trying to say, so feel free to troll away.

shorty

Dec 27, 2004, 11:51 PM
Post #11 of 23 (1953 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
...like men cheating under the influence of testosterone.
Oh, now that's just hitting below the belt.

We just took those pills because our trainers gave them to us. Just because our voices became deeper, our muscles ballooned, we started picking fights in bars, and hair started appearing on the backs of our hands -- that's not andro is it?

And that cream we rubbed all over our chests. Just because we hit a bazillion more home runs last year, that's not a problem is it? Shoot, we just thought it was Jergens.

Those blood transfusions aren't a problem, are they?

And the weekly intra-muscular injections are just a special flu shot. Really, they are.

As for me personally, I'm going to draw the line if the IOC or any other sports-governing body ever bans Vitamin I (aka ibuprofen), PB&J sandwiches, and Red Bull. Or Cliff Bars. A man's got to have his principles.

climberterp

Dec 28, 2004, 4:48 AM
Post #12 of 23 (1953 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
a move i find i employ more often than my fellow male climbers is i often kind of mantle off to the side with my other hand while going up, maybe to conserve upper body strength so i'm not pulling as much with my main hand... i don't know if i'm using the right terminology to describe what i'm trying to say, so feel free to troll away.

I know what you mean, I use that technique too. I find it works well with a nice high step, which is my other girlie move. :wink: The cool thing about that mantle is that it transfers the weight to your skeletal structure instead of your muscles so you can conserve some strength. Also for some reason I think it feels cool to rotate my shoulder over like that. :)

vertk8r

Dec 29, 2004, 5:11 PM
Post #13 of 23 (1953 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My girliest moves are the ones where I end up doing the splits somehow in a crack climb or bouldering problem. This happens the most when i am bouldering but I find it very useful especially for some of the awkward indoor climbs.

opheliaascending

Dec 29, 2004, 6:28 PM
Post #14 of 23 (1953 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You mean like when I stick out my rear end and wiggle it saucily while holding on to invisible holds and smearing beautifully?

:wink:

Just kidding.

I couldn't really think of any moves I make that could be considered necessarily girlie.

climbinggurl

Dec 30, 2004, 5:40 AM
Post #15 of 23 (1953 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ya, i always like do the splits, i cant help it, all my guy friends go like "man, she is flexible" or "i cannot be strechy, man, only girls do that shit" well, its fun actually doing' these moves guys dont usualy do!

climbingurlie

Dec 30, 2004, 6:08 AM
Post #16 of 23 (1953 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Splits!?!? :shock: Good golly gosh! I can do splits on the ground, but up on a wall? Wow... Now that's talent. Me, I just kind of hop up the wall gracefully in half the time and use half the strength the guys do. Although, I do admit, I like to get my foot above my head and use heel hooks. The flexibility drives the guys insane. :lol:

justthemaid

Dec 31, 2004, 1:45 AM
Post #17 of 23 (1953 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ya-me girlie, me climb up da rocks.

Sorry, had to poke fun at that tragic grammer.

In response to the question(?)- I mantle much more frequently than my male climbing partners, and onto things they won't/can't.

vertk8r

Dec 31, 2004, 6:30 PM
Post #18 of 23 (1953 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I usually climb with my boyfriend and it's always interesting to see how he does a route versus how I do a route becuase of our differences in strength, flexibility and height. There could be a move that is really easy for him and very hard for me to do and vice versa.

climbinggurl

Dec 31, 2004, 9:22 PM
Post #19 of 23 (1953 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well, the reason why im very very flexible is because, i took gymnastics, tap, cheeleading.... but, i still love being flexible and practicing gymnastics with my friends!

~~ALLIE~~

vertk8r

Jan 1, 2005, 12:36 AM
Post #20 of 23 (1953 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I also took gymnastics. It's helped me so much with my climbing. There is a thread in this site I read about having gymnastics background. You should check it out if you haven't already.

wa_hoo

Jan 1, 2005, 2:45 AM
Post #21 of 23 (1953 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think of all our flexibility when I think of girlie moves. Like being able to get your foot up to where a hand is, or having a foot out to the side and then bending your knee all the way and your ankle so you are kneeling on it really bent - I think that's really hard for the guys to do.

Enjoy our flexibility and keep looking for those moves that balance the natural upper body strength men have. It makes us stronger climbers!

climbinggirl33

Jan 3, 2005, 6:58 AM
Post #22 of 23 (1953 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The most girlie move I've ever done was called the "breast smear . . . " Okay it was more of a joke than a move - they really don't add much friction.

:D

shorty

Jan 4, 2005, 6:35 PM
Post #23 of 23 (1953 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The most girlie move I've ever done was called the "breast smear . . . "
...must...not...comment...

In reply to:
...they really don't add much friction. :D

(gulp)

....MUST....NOT....COMMENT....

Now where's that glass of ice water when a guy really needs one?

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook