First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

madriver

Jan 12, 2005, 6:19 PM
Post #1 of 46 (1515 views)
Shortcut

Wats up with womens clothing....
Report this Post
Can't Post

...sizes? I mean with guys it's easy. You get a s,m,l, and xl or a waist size. I even understand bra sizes...I mean 36D is VERY easy to understand....you can even correlate it to men’s jacket sizes ...like a 46L. But wat up with the size 1,2,3...so fourth and so on? How the frik are men supposed to understand what a size 8 fits...!! So with this rant....I propose a change in women’s sizing...as follows...

Small = for young women say 4'-6" and 80lbs or less
Medium = for young women say 5'-0" and 100lbs + or -
Large = for any women say 5'-4" and 100 lbs plus
Wife = for the married man who wants to live a to a ripe old age without the fear of a slightly overweight spouse retaliating for the size 15 mu-mu

signed

returns forever

Partner missedyno

Jan 12, 2005, 7:50 PM
Post #2 of 46 (1515 views)
Shortcut

Re: Wats up with womens clothing.... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
...siBut wat up with the size 1,2,3...so fourth and so on? How the frik are men supposed to understand what a size 8 fits...!!

dude. women can't understand women's sizes.

i don't think they're made to be understood. I don't think they're based on any sorts of measurements or scientific calculations....

i mean, what's up with so many stores having a standard 34" or 36" INSEAM???

Partner missedyno

Jan 12, 2005, 7:51 PM
Post #3 of 46 (1515 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
...siBut wat up with the size 1,2,3...so fourth and so on? How the frik are men supposed to understand what a size 8 fits...!!

dude. women can't understand women's sizes.

i don't think they're made to be understood. I don't think they're based on any sorts of measurements or scientific calculations....

i mean, what's up with so many stores having a standard 34" or 36" INSEAM???

bonin_in_the_boneyard

Jan 12, 2005, 8:14 PM
Post #4 of 46 (1515 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
How the frik are men supposed to understand what a size 8 fits...!!

Sorry, bro, you're just gonna have to try that $hit on in the store.

Takes a better man than me...

granite_grrl

Jan 12, 2005, 8:18 PM
Post #5 of 46 (1515 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Man, you want screwed up? Lets talk about pockets. Half the pants I have to wear for work have no pockets. Do you know how bloody annoying it is to have to carry around a note pad, locks, disks and sometimes a screw driver and not to have pockets??

All I want are comfortable dress pants in dark colours with pockets that I don't have to be upset about when I ruin at work (read: paying $60 for pants you plan to ruin isnt' going to cut it). Is that too much to ask? (honestly, who wears white pants anyway?)

And I don't want to hear anyone make mention of purses! There are times and places that a purse won't cut it.

bonin_in_the_boneyard

Jan 12, 2005, 8:58 PM
Post #6 of 46 (1515 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
And I don't want to hear anyone make mention of purses! There are times and places that a purse won't cut it.

A tool belt would really accentuate the curve of your hips...

kimmyt

Jan 12, 2005, 9:01 PM
Post #7 of 46 (1515 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hahaha, that reminds me of the other day. I was being cheap and needed a knew pair of dress pants. So I went to Target and picked up a decent looking pair of gray dress slacks. Bought them, and tried them on again when I got home. I found that one of the pockets was all scrunched up and looked bad cause the material was thin and cheap. So I went to straighten the pocket out and found that it was sewed shut.

Now, I'm not talking the 'fake pockets so we can save money on production look' that many cheaper trousers go for. These pants had POCKETS. That were SEWED SHUT so you couldn't use them!

Tell me the sense in that!

And don't even get me started on sizing. I'm convinced that women have numeric sizes because it would make too many of us bitter to be a "Large". :) We suck.

But, at least we don't have to worry about the size of our necks in proportion to our bodies. I recently had an eye-opening experience with my roommate, going suit shopping. Apparently, suit shopping for some guys is just as horrible and depressing as jean shopping is for some of us gals. It made me feel much happier, after that experience.

K.

erisspirit

Jan 12, 2005, 9:07 PM
Post #8 of 46 (1515 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I dont think the sizes will ever make sense... I have pants in my closet rangeing from a size 0 to a 5 and all of them fit me :shock: I really would prefer the guy method where you find the waist size and length you want and like magic they fit!

arrettinator

Jan 12, 2005, 10:37 PM
Post #9 of 46 (1515 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Women should stop wearing clothes all together. :roll:

kachoong

Jan 12, 2005, 10:45 PM
Post #10 of 46 (1515 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

....first of all.... arrettinator, I wish I could vote in community :lol:

....and I have found out, from a very reliable source, that the same size can come in a range of sizes depending on the brand.... just like climbing shoes....

....and anyway, isn't the best part of it all getting the chance to go into the change room and watch her try them on until you find the one that fits.... or is that just me?

jenna

Jan 12, 2005, 10:49 PM
Post #11 of 46 (1515 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
....and anyway, isn't the best part of it all getting the chance to go into the change room and watch her try them on until you find the one that fits.... or is that just me?
holy crap, you enjoy that? you're a guy, right?

...will you marry me?

kachoong

Jan 12, 2005, 11:10 PM
Post #12 of 46 (1515 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
holy crap, you enjoy that? you're a guy, right?

...will you marry me?

....I've always enjoyed accompanying girls through the womens section of department stores.... I mean, how many times do you get to rummage through swimsuits and panties without feeling embarrassed.... as a guy, your in best company with a girl in these parts of the store....

....and sorry, it's very flattering but my complete attention is elsewhere.... she's my one and only....

littlebilly

Jan 12, 2005, 11:40 PM
Post #13 of 46 (1515 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
honestly, who wears white pants anyway?

um.. i do. Every day, all day, and i stay perfectly clean. :)

climbinganne

Jan 13, 2005, 12:28 AM
Post #14 of 46 (1515 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

funny...troy was just saying the same thing at the local gear store today

i was trying on pants

i hate trying clothes on

napoleon_in_rags

Jan 13, 2005, 12:54 AM
Post #15 of 46 (1515 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

When I was a kid, I had to wear "husky" size underwear (fatass being too rude). The women clothing industry should do the same. Here are my ideas from smallest to largest:

Anorexic or Supermodel (take your pick)
DoesYoga
Normal
PostThanksgiving
Married
Pregnant
Oprah
Roseanne

newbierockstar

Jan 13, 2005, 12:57 AM
Post #16 of 46 (1515 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one, napoleon....

micronut

Jan 13, 2005, 1:24 AM
Post #17 of 46 (1515 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Women should stop wearing clothes all together. :roll:

Na, that would spoil everything. They should just wear underwear or bikini's, much more provocative.

climberterp

Jan 13, 2005, 2:48 AM
Post #18 of 46 (1515 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

see, the reasoning behind the stupid lack of standard sizing is so you always have to try stuff on, thus spending more time in the store, thus the likelihood that you will spend more money. durrrrr :wink:

I hate trying to buy pants. I always have to bring at least 3 different sizes into the fitting room, and then there's a 6 item limit so you really only get to try on two pairs of pants at a time. Grrrr.

rendog

Jan 13, 2005, 2:58 AM
Post #19 of 46 (1515 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

it is the best part isn't it man?

the only thing about it that pisses me off is that the damn rooms are so feckin small. you need to be into yoga somethin fierce to get anything donw in there :P

dominator

Jan 13, 2005, 3:04 AM
Post #20 of 46 (1515 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The worst part of women's clothing is those freakin' "hip-huggers". Someone needs to tell them that a woman's waist is a little bit higher than just above the pubic bone. Those things are so sleazy and make the girl look like a slob. I see overweight girls with their love handles spilling out strutting around like they are being attractive or something. Man those things suck! Girls, you are not attractive when you wear that crap.

thegreytradster

Jan 13, 2005, 3:08 AM
Post #21 of 46 (1515 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The worst part of women's clothing is those freakin' "hip-huggers". Someone needs to tell them that a woman's waist is a little bit higher than just above the pubic bone. Those things are so sleazy and make the girl look like a slob. I see overweight girls with their love handles spilling out strutting around like they are being attractive or something. Man those things suck! Girls, you are not attractive when you wear that crap.

And they can't figure out why the old man is giggling and pointing while his wife is giging him wht the old elbow.

climberterp

Jan 13, 2005, 3:18 AM
Post #22 of 46 (1515 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

While I agree w/you that the love-handles-hanging-over-the-hip-huggers is monstrously unattractive, I have to say that I love my low-cut jeans (which I buy in the correct size so there is no flesh rolling around where it shouldn't be). The real problem is that the girls are trying to squeeze into pants that are WAY too small for them. It boggles me that they go out in public and think that they look great! :shock:

clausti

Jan 13, 2005, 3:23 AM
Post #23 of 46 (1515 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

:P some of us will wear that crap if we please. hip huggers are actually really comfy esp if you, like me, are short waisted and enjoy being able to simultaineously sit down in jeans and also breathe.

dominator

Jan 13, 2005, 3:28 AM
Post #24 of 46 (1515 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Go ahead and wear it. I am just telling you that you look like a sleaze and are not attractive when you do. My daughter will never wear them I'll tell you that much.

timd

Jan 13, 2005, 3:33 AM
Post #25 of 46 (1515 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

OK guys imagine rosanne in a pair of hip huggers that are way too small for her and a bikini top :shock:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook