RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

from_the_gym

Jan 20, 2005, 2:44 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1033 views)
Shortcut

Another Shoe Thread, specs on Boreal?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey everyone, I'm looking into the Boreal Crux. Its a new shoe that I just came across on Boreal's web page. (how new, i dont know) Anyways, i couldnt find a price for them or locate them at an REI, and i know the local climbing store doesnt carry Boreal.

Has anyone seen these shoes? What do you think of them? What do you think of Boreal as a whole? Anyone know the cost of these shoes?

Any specs provided are greatly appreciated, as i would not like to repeat an earlier shoe experience i had with madrock, where i put a hole in the bottom of the sole in 3 months of climbing... Thanks again.

thera

Jan 25, 2005, 3:58 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1033 views)
Shortcut

Re: Another Shoe Thread, specs on Boreal? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

The same. I have seen them on their web site but, still, did not have the chance to try them on. Boreal will be using a new rubber I heard, one that works fine in cold AND warm situations. Could be a nice new brand of shoes. Could be worth a try.

If they build them the same way as the Zens, I believe they will be comfy. These were my first shoes and I was pretty happy with them until I tried the 5.10s which were better from my point of view (less cormfortable but the rubber felt better, again a personal opinion). Boreal make nice shoes in any case, depends on how you like them. The Zens I had were worth the cash spend on them (pretty much the same price as the 5.10's here in France).

I had them for a year before giving them away to a friend (he did not resole them yet tho he's not climbing that much), surprisingly durable. Solid shoes I must say.

If I happen to find a pair, I'd try them on to see how they perform and fit or probably wait for some feedback or review.

Have you tried to send Boreal a mail asking for where you could find them ?

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook