Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

jt512

Jan 29, 2005, 2:15 AM
Post #51 of 70 (7359 views)
Shortcut

Re: What's happening to Red Rocks? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
now STFU n00b!

You're right having climbed the better part of 10 years....onsighting .12a sport....and i've NEVER worked a route....onsighting 5.10+ trad....having climbed 10 walls...

On behalf of Ike: STFU, intermediate!

-Jay

ikefromla

Jan 29, 2005, 2:38 AM
Post #52 of 70 (7359 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks Jay.
Josh: i see you take the "STFU n00b" joke really well, i'll be sure to rock it again in the future. I don't care what you've done, as you obviously missed the entire point of my post. the work i put into my climbing is hardly able to be considered lazy. but then again, why the fuck should i defend myself and my pursuits in the sport? you're just some internet happy spraylord who knows nothing about me personally or where i want to go with my climbing. I don't care what you've done, and i'm not about to get into a pissing match by sayin "well i sent this route in so many tries and this one at this crag in so many tries" or whatever.
peace out douche nozzle

PS. flamer can suck it

flamer

Jan 29, 2005, 5:46 AM
Post #53 of 70 (7359 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Thanks Jay.
Josh: i see you take the "STFU n00b" joke really well, i'll be sure to rock it again in the future. I don't care what you've done, as you obviously missed the entire point of my post. the work i put into my climbing is hardly able to be considered lazy. but then again, why the f--- should i defend myself and my pursuits in the sport? you're just some internet happy spraylord who knows nothing about me personally or where i want to go with my climbing. I don't care what you've done, and i'm not about to get into a pissing match by sayin "well i sent this route in so many tries and this one at this crag in so many tries" or whatever.
peace out douche nozzle

PS. i'm not only a sporto, and my major goals are much more serious than any of the s--- you've done, just for reference, big guy.

HaHa!! Your "major goals" Put up or shut up...what you plan to do vs. what I've done are 2 entirely different things!! And by the way do you know what I've done? In whiny little kid voice..."My GOALS are way harder than your's!!"
Wow this is great fun!! I'm laughing my ass off!!

josh

flamer

Jan 29, 2005, 5:48 AM
Post #54 of 70 (7359 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

duplicate....

josh

benpullin

Jan 29, 2005, 5:53 AM
Post #55 of 70 (7359 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Anyway....

People shouldn't steal perfectly good biners from a sport anchor. People shouldn't steal perfectly good rap rings from a trad rap anchor.

If you do, you're a selfish loser. Think about the next guy/girl.

I have many friends who devote countless hours and dollars bolting, cleaning, and equipping routes. The least people can do to acknowledge this effort is keep their hands to themselves and their own gear.

Feel free to clean any biners left from the ground to the chains. Those are up for grabs. Climb long enough, and you'll have a shoebox full of 'em.

bandycoot

Jan 29, 2005, 6:04 AM
Post #56 of 70 (7359 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Flamer's a jerk. I've got chains (plural) of biners I've found that no one would consider having been stolen. If he's been climbing that long, he has no use for the biners that he finds at a sport anchor like that, than to do a disservice to the climbing community. I still want to know the major difference between a quicklink and a carabiner Flamer.

flamer

Jan 29, 2005, 6:16 AM
Post #57 of 70 (7359 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Flamer's a jerk. I've got chains (plural) of biners I've found that no one would consider having been stolen. If he's been climbing that long, he has no use for the biners that he finds at a sport anchor like that, than to do a disservice to the climbing community. I still want to know the major difference between a quicklink and a carabiner Flamer.

Truth is I don't usually take stuff ever....except nasty old webbing that isn't doing anyone any good(and looks even worse) and gear "stuck" in cracks. HELL!! I don't even take booty that much any more cause I don't want some peice of crap somebody left in the rock....with some minor exception's.

The difference between a carabiner and and quicklink is this....a carabiner has a spring loaded gate, a quick link has a screw gate and isn't actually a peice of climbing gear. :D

And a QL is always safer then someone leaving a biner that they wouldn't trust their life on......as was stated.

You know the thing that really piss's me off about this thread??
The "rock art" thing....I mean really...what was someone thinking???

josh

P.S.
I'll be in RR again this spring....wanna hook up and climb??

josh

kman

Jan 29, 2005, 6:47 AM
Post #58 of 70 (7359 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
PS. i'm not only a sporto, and my major goals are much more serious than any of the s--- you've done, just for reference, big guy.

You call him a spray lord and then you go on to say that your goals are much bigger than any of the s--- he has done. :lol: :lol: Sounds like you have some spray in you too. Mines bigger than yours :lol:

ikefromla

Jan 29, 2005, 8:17 AM
Post #59 of 70 (7359 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well i guess i could always say what they are... oh wait, no. in fact, fuck all that.

ikefromla

Jan 29, 2005, 8:26 AM
Post #60 of 70 (7359 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
HaHa!! Your "major goals" Put up or shut up...what you plan to do vs. what I've done are 2 entirely different things!! And by the way do you know what I've done? In whiny little kid voice..."My GOALS are way harder than your's!!"
this is great fun!! I'm laughing my ass off!!
well you did mention some of the bullshit you've done. you posted it here yourself. and as i may have implied, i don't really care.. you know what JOSH... i don't need to spray like you. i don't need to "put up or shut up." i'm going to put this as politely as possible: fuck off. period. i hope we never have the pleasure of running across eachother in person. because while i came to this thread with a positive intent, you have been hell-bent on being a dick.. in every one of your posts. you know what.. take as many lowering biners as you see fit. karma will hopefully work its wonders. insult other pusuits in climbing as much as you want, i surely have not done the same. and talk all you want about the 5.12a's you've onsighted and all the walls you've done too.. but remember that it's nothing. i don't care bro. peace the fuck out. you're last week's trash and you're startin to stink.

bandycoot

Jan 29, 2005, 8:43 AM
Post #61 of 70 (7359 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Sure! Only no sport crags... :lol:

I thought you were flaming, just wanted to call you on it.

Partner wormly81

Jan 29, 2005, 2:07 PM
Post #62 of 70 (7359 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
... i don't need to spray like you. i don't need to "put up or shut up." i'm going to put this as politely as possible: f--- off. period. .... and talk all you want about the 5.12a's you've onsighted and all the walls you've done too.. but remember that it's nothing. i don't care bro. peace the f--- out. you're last week's trash and you're startin to stink.

So for 4 pages I thought Flamer was a tool but then I get to the very end and you totally took his bait and flipped out like a child... Congratulations, Flamer is most likely a huge asshole but hes got you beat because hes not going to get all fucked up over what someone says to him on the internet.

Relax,

Jeff

Partner one900johnnyk

Jan 29, 2005, 2:53 PM
Post #63 of 70 (7359 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
because its sandstone. water softens the rock- alot. climbing after a heavy rain can do two things:

1) compromise protection (including bolts) and
2) destroy the rock and thus destroy a beautiful route.

so in other words, climb after a rain and you risk not only breaking holds and falling, but theres also a much smaller chance that those bolts will actually stay in the rock (or cams, nuts, etc). so, you can end up dead and destroy the rock at the same time.

you mean it's desert sandstone.. come to TN it's as hard as granite almost... but anyway am i to take away from this assessment of the bolts that they are not glue-ins? which i would imagine have less of an issue with that., although i'm not certain since i've never climbed on the stuff.

flamer

Jan 29, 2005, 3:11 PM
Post #64 of 70 (7359 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Sure! Only no sport crags... :lol:

I thought you were flaming, just wanted to call you on it.

Sport crags are a last resort anyway!!

And you are right I was flaming and getting carried away with it....even to the point that i started saying things I don't really believe or do....sometimes I forget to think before I open my mouth(or tap the keys)....anyway March in RR...resolution arete?

And Ike....dude I'm hurt! I do hope our path's cross...I'm always up for meeting and climbing with new partners, especially motivated ones.
This internet shit is just that....shit.

josh

reno

Jan 29, 2005, 3:44 PM
Post #65 of 70 (7359 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow.... ya ask a question, and see what happens.

Why can't folks debate the issues without resorting to personal attacks?

Josh/Flamer is a pal, a heck of a climber, and someone I'd trust without hesitation.... even if he is a hose monkey. ;)

And I agree with him: the "rock art" issue is far more problematic than a single carabiner.... or two... or a whole rack.

vegastradguy

Jan 29, 2005, 4:09 PM
Post #66 of 70 (7359 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sorry, desert sandstone.

theres a few glue ins around here and there, but regardless, because you are face climbing alot of the time, you shouldnt be on it after a rain, even if the bolts are glue-ins, because the holds can still break.

anyway, i'm just passing along local ethic- i'm actually suprised that many folks dont know to stay off the rock after a rain....

aimeerose

Jan 30, 2005, 4:27 AM
Post #67 of 70 (7359 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I, too, am most worried about the "rock art". It really is offensive and ugly and never goes away. The stuff at Tsunami wall most surely was done by climbers or their children since there is no reason for anyone else to hike up there. It really is horrible.

hello_heino

Jan 30, 2005, 4:30 AM
Post #68 of 70 (7359 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

What about rock art from people hundreds of years ago? Though we cherish the wonderful pictographs also found all over Red Rock, perhaps they too were considered unsightly and arrogant when first created.

Chill out, baby.

ikefromla

Jan 31, 2005, 3:24 AM
Post #69 of 70 (7359 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i'm sorry to have flipped out, but if i had met someone in person with that little respect for other pursuits in climbing, i woulda been pissed. i suspect that most of us would be. peace out.
ike

ikefromla

Jan 31, 2005, 3:31 AM
Post #70 of 70 (7359 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
And Ike....dude I'm hurt! I do hope our path's cross...I'm always up for meeting and climbing with new partners, especially motivated ones.
This internet s--- is just that....s---.
if flaming is your gig perhaps. but many people use these forums to express their true beliefs, not pretend to do so in hopes of pissing people off. i'm sorry man, but if you expressed the same disrespect in person that you did in this thread i probably would not react too differently. if you're always up for meeting and climbing with new and motivated partners perhaps we will meet some day, but i sure hope that if that day does come, i don't have to hear any ethics-related BS rhetoric.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Sport Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook